How do I add the number of posts under the name and the symbolic images of the user?
Post count is coming to a future release of bbPress. You can use a plugin like this to add the counts for now.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-topic-count/
What exactly do you mean by symbolic images??
How do I change the title to any user of an optional title?
Ex: the title of the current user in the Forum (supervisor) want to have the title of supervisor (supervisor pictures)
You can rename the current forum roles to whatever you want with this php code snippet in this guide. Add the function to your child themes functions.php or in a plugin that can hold custom code snippets like functionality.
Layout and functionality – Examples you can use
You can also create custom user roles with custom capabilities and add the custom names there.
Custom Capabilities
How to determine the powers of the supervisors so far have not I transfer Lists Musharraf to it have all the powers modification and deletion of all sections I wanted to be the powers of the supervisor on only a particular section
Assigning a user to a forum is not possible in the default functionality of the latest stable version of bbPress.
Check out this topic where the original file came from. A user talks about about the same issue in this post.
Forums index in the same layout as other bb software
Undefined variable: bbp_forums_noheader in /wp-content/themes/multinews/bbpress/loop-forums.php on line 19
any suggestions what this might be?
Thanks
Hi,
I have two admin users on my WordPress install.
I have the latest bbpress (2.5.8) installed and the latest wordpress (4.3.1).
Users can post new topics without issue.
However, when I go to reply, I get the message that “You do not have permission to reply” even though both admin users have the Keymaster role.
I have reset the bbpress system twice now (tools-forums-reset forums) and still no joy.
I believe that this plugin may just be trying to kill me. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.
Problem occurs using Twenty Twelve as a theme as well.
Any and all help is appreciated.
My forum is at: https://www.bsop.ca/forums/forum/lightroom/
Hi all 🙂
I would have to know, i want to build a website + forum where i’ll register myself users (they won’t be able to do it by themself, register button will be hidden i think), but after that, i would have to know if i can “ask” bbpress to ask users to change their password at their first connexion ?
Thanks !
Best regards,
Talion.
there is a problem with my theme. i used a Bangla language based theme. so bbpress did not support my theme and i saw some problem. my website link is http://www.protikhon.com.
can anyone say me how can i use it?
hi, I am using the latest version of bbpress plugin. I want to know is there any way to stop the email that sends to user to reset password when the user register. I don’t want users to set there passwords themselve and want to send the password generated by admin to every approved users only.
Please help me…
Thankyou
All I want is a forum on the entry site of my wordpress and nothing else. I supposed that for this I need to make a page and use one of the bbpress shortcodes. BUT this does not work. No matter what I enter as a shortcode, I get back an empty page.
I’ve seen some old entries that there is a “whitelist” plugin, but there is no mentioning anywhere on bbpress that this is needed -I don’t get it.
Could anyone help here and enlighten me?
Regards,
Benny
I recently imported phpbb 3.0 into bbpress 2.5.8.
The converter seemed to run without issue. I then went down the repair forums list and repaired each relationship on the list.
However, there seems to be no pagination when viewing a topic.
Pagination is working fine when viewing the list of topics in a forum, but when you click on a topic there is no pagination. This is a big issue since some topics have over 1,000 replies.
I have double checked the settings in Settings>Forums>Topics and Replies Per Page.
Any ideas?
Hi – I am using Users Ultra Pro to manage my users. I have 4 roles users can sign up for. Is there any way to have BBpress recognize and show these for each user as the user forum role instead of “participant”?
Thanks for your help.
Hi guys,
I am pretty new to BBpress but i want to make a private forum this part is already done. But now i want my coworkers to login to the forum by a link in the footer or something. Now i add a user in the backend of wordpress and he have to login at site/wp-admin and then go to the forum link. But what i want is:
– Create user and pw in users
– Add a login link in the footer when you click on it you have to fill in the username and password en will be redirected to the forum directly. So not login in the admin first and then fill in the url.
Is this possible?
Hello sorry for my english i’m French .
I have installed buddypress 2.4 and bbpress 2.5.8 the troubles is that the forum’s tab does not appear anymore in my dashboard since the new version of buddypress. My wp version is 4.3.1
Thanks by advance
Hello,
For Login and Register I am using URL in the menu provided in BBpress documentation and are working fine with Conditional Logic but for Logout What URL Should I use in Menu? or How can I setup Logout?
Thanks,
Vicky
Hi,
What you want to obtain is not just a basic setting in bbPress that you can switch on. It requires changing one of basic php files. As the golden rule is to never change any bbPress files directly, there are different ways of coming to what you want, in this case it would be copying the file from the bbPress folder/directory and modifying it. Information on creating a child theme can be found on the codex: https://codex.bbpress.org/functions-files-and-child-themes-explained/
Hope that helps,
Pascal.
copy ‘bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/form-reply.php’ to your child theme and then adapt the file
please what is child theme, and what do you mean by me adapting the file??
am sorry for my ignorance, thanks so much for the reply
Thanks @Robkk for the respond. but i have question about
Put this loop-forums.php file in your child theme in a folder called bbpress.
i only have child theme for the theme but bbprss is a plugin. are you saying i have to create a child theme for the plugin bbpress of how do i do that please?
There is a plugin called bbp style pack that can give you a shortcode to display the latest number of topics on your site. bbPress has this shortcode for the forum archive, [bbp-forum-index]
You said there is a plugin to display latest post, how do i get the plugin?
Thank you so much.
Hi
I have created the Login/Register page. But while creating another page for ‘Lost Password’ its not working.
In Visual composer when I am adding the default page ‘bbpress Lost pasword’ it shows template added to page. But it remains blank. No element shows up.
Thanks
Kasana
@kallard There is some layout issues still, hopefully my edited css will fix the rest.
bullets in front of everything
Wait! I got it! I went to the Artisteer forum and searched there. Probably should have done that in the first place.
The instructions were to add this at the bottom of the stylesheet:
#bbpress-forums li:before {content: ”!important;}
.b5-file-manager-folder li:before { content: ‘ ‘!important; }
No more random bullets.
Thanks for helping!
@casiepa – sorry, that’s weird because I had made it public for trouble shooting, but somehow it reset itself.
I recopied and pasted the above through the plugin, and nothing. I also tried in the stylesheet as well.
I tried adding !important – still nothing, though this could be user error, as I only have a novice level working knowledge of css. Below is what I entered, so not sure it is correct.
This is what I input:
.bbpress .art-postcontent ul>li,
.bbpress .art-post ul>li,
.bbpress .art-textblock ul>li {
overflow-x: visible !important;
overflow-y: visible !important;
}
.bbpress .art-postcontent ul>li,
.bbpress .art-post ul>li,
.bbpress .art-textblock ul>li {
padding-left: 0 !important;
}
.bbpress .art-postcontent ul>li:before,
.bbpress .art-post ul>li:before,
.bbpress .art-textblock ul>li:before {
margin-left: 0 !important;
}
.bbpress .art-postcontent ul>li:before,
.bbpress .art-post ul>li:before,
.bbpress .art-textblock ul>li:before {
content: “” !important;
margin-right: 0 !important;
bottom: 0 !important;
position: relative !important;
display: block !important;
}
.bbpress .art-postcontent li,
.bbpress .art-post li,
.bbpress .art-textblock li {
color: inherit !important;
margin: 0 !important;
}
Hi,
To remove the messages above and below, you could use CSS like:
.bbp-template-notice {
display: none;
}
or use a plugin like bbP Toolkit.
To change the message so it includes the standard bbPress login, you would have to copy ‘bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/form-reply.php’ to your child theme and then adapt the file. On line 175 add:
<p> <?php echo do_shortcode ('[bbp-login]') ; ?>
so that it becomes:
<p><?php is_user_logged_in() ? _e( 'You cannot reply to this topic.', 'bbpress' ) : _e( 'You must be logged in to reply to this topic.', 'bbpress' ); ?></p>
<p><?php echo do_shortcode ('[bbp-login]') ; ?></p>
If you want to do something different, this is anyway the place to start from.
Pascal.
Please find enclosed a link for the test Website:
Well I am not seeing an issue with my forums disappearing with WP Monalisa activated.
Where do I activate TinyMCE and find the default toolbar editor in WordPress? Or are you talking about BBPress Dashboard?
Well your not using TinyMCE so you would see the error I come across. Like said there is an issue, so you may not need to activate it. There is a plugin on wordpress repository and a code snippet in the codex to allow TinyMCE.
As previously mentioned it didn’t work with a freshly installed bbPress Website. I had nothing else installed except the bbPress Forum. The enclosed totius.tk however is now a plugin.
Yes, wordpress plugins do not work for the old standalone version, but with the plugin version. I cannot test to see if an install of bbPress v1 would cause an issue, as I cannot run this on wamp. Kind of do not know how to install bbPress v1 anyway.
Sorry, I forgot to post the WordPress Dashboard that comes up for Settings/Writing:
A new version of WordPress probably removed the smilies setting like the wp monalisa plugin says, there was a version with that setting before.
Just ignore that error, it might be caused by something other than bbPress.
bbp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly
If you did not try the plugin troubleshooting already, do so.
@seyibest Put this loop-forums.php file in your child theme in a folder called bbpress.
https://github.com/robkk/bbPress-Hierarchical-Forum-and-Category-Layout
so, how do i make it to be in a place like just only Login/Register on just a menu bar like
They added custom menu item links in the menu section. You can create links leading to the WordPress login/register forms. There is also this php code snippet here to add links, you might need to add a conditional to it for a specific menu.
add_filter( 'wp_nav_menu_items', 'rkk_add_auth_links', 10 , 2 );
function rkk_add_auth_links( $items, $args ) {
if (is_user_logged_in() {
$items .= '<li><a href="'. wp_logout_url() .'">Log Out</a></li>';
}
elseif (!is_user_logged_in() {
$items .= '<li><a href="'. site_url('wp-login.php') .'">Log In</a></li>';
$items .= '<li><a href="'. site_url('wp-login.php?action=register') .'">Register</a></li>';
$items .= '<li><a href="'. site_url('wp-login.php?action=lostpassword') .'">Lost Password</a></li>';
}
return $items;
}
and moreso, i made the homepage to be the forum. how can i code it in such a way that 2-3 of my post will appear on the homepage follow by the forum beneath it?
There is a plugin called bbp style pack that can give you a shortcode to display the latest number of topics on your site. bbPress has this shortcode for the forum archive, [bbp-forum-index]
On tab at the top of the browser the title of the page says like “Forum |”, and that’s all. At the same time all other pages not connected with bbpress display site titile correctly: “Page | Site title”. How to force bbpress to show something after the character “|”?
Thank you!