Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'bbpress'

Viewing 25 results - 13,076 through 13,100 (of 64,722 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #169572
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    The above was spam πŸ˜‰

    It theoretically continue to run at the same speed at reply 1-100 or 90,000 – 90,100.

    A recent case of similar behaviour was due to another plugin being active and hooking into pre_get_posts(), this caused every single post being imported to be run through this and was the cause of the slowness.

    Check what other plugins are running to see if this is the cause.

    And no, *all* bbPress data is stored in the standard WordPress db tables, bbPress does not create any tables of it’s own.

    #169548
    drewamca
    Participant

    I tried to put this code to my theme’s bbpress.css file but it didn’t work. Also I tried buddypress plugin’s bbpress.css but it didn’t work either.

    @robkk

    #169547
    Momshof
    Participant

    Any ideas why this happens? Still can not get the

    align left
    align center
    align right
    font family
    font size
    underline
    text color
    background color (for text)

    to work for front end users.

    I tried Tiny MCE Advanced and it caused alot of issues – half of an individual post showed up in my black background – half in the “white” text area – still did not allow proper showing of the above formatting (showed code when published) – really a mess so I went back to WP Edit.

    Also – all buttons are working fine in my other areas (like Sabai directory) for front end users – just BBPress?

    #169545
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    If reduced speed is the only topic of concern during an import, then I would say there are no concerns at all πŸ™‚
    Improving speed is something that is already ongoing for years (see e.g. https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1925) and will probably never end, but that’s positive in this case.

    Let’s just hope the import ends correctly, whatever time it might take.

    Pascal.

    #169535
    Allyson
    Participant

    Hi, I’m trying to make some filters in my single-forum and other pages queries, but my changes with pre_get_posts results in “Content not found”.

    Here’s a example of my code:

    function bbpress_site_queries( $query ) {
    	if ( $query->is_main_query() && $query->is_single( 'forum' ) ) {
    		$query->set( 'order', 'DESC' );
        }
    }
    add_action( 'pre_get_posts', 'bbpress_site_queries' );

    What is wrong? There’s other way, better to modify bbPress queries? I want to change queries to make in front-end some order and other filters.

    #169530
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    Sorry this isn’t the best of experiences πŸ™

    Can you try the 2.6 alpha version, available from this page as “development version”
    β€’ https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress/developers/
    β€’ aka https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/bbpress.zip

    Also if you “right click” any of the items as they import and select “Inspect element” to view the source code you will see the direct MySQL queries as they happen, you can then use these to help debug directly in phpMyAdmin πŸ™‚

    #169524
    dayan89
    Participant

    When users copy-paste text from other sites they got text like this:

    How can I fix that?
    I’ve got TinyMCE for bbpress installed.

    #169523
    Kabitaprocab
    Participant

    The problem seems to be with the ‘hide login area’ feature of iThemes Security. http://prntscr.com/990h9v

    When I turned off this feature, the bbPress worked good. I have recorded the problem in the video. http://screencast.com/t/fbJkY8tAqIo

    #169519
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    This is in most cases a plugin that is giving the issue. E.g. you have google analytics or Yoast SEO running ?
    Try deactivating all plugins except bbPress and try then, if it works switch them back on one by one to see which one is causing the issue. (for some people it worked just by stopping and starting plugins)
    Pascal.

    #169516
    Kabitaprocab
    Participant

    I already had itheme security ver 5.1.1 installed before I installed bbpress plugin. For some reason, the itheme security gives this message http://prntscr.com/98z8am. When I deactivate the plugin, the bbpress works fine but as soon as i activate itheme security, it stops working. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thank you
    KabitaΒ 

    newdermeo
    Participant

    Wordpress – 4.4; bbpress 2.5.8; http://www.putznutzcabinfever.com

    I am wracking my brain! I have looked all over. My website is http://www.putznutzcabinfever.com and all I need is the functionality of bbpress. I have around 40 family members signed up but so far, those who have tried have not been able to start a topic or reply to anything. I am getting the following message “ERROR: You do not have permission to reply.” I do have Ultimate Member installed if that makes any difference. I have installed Buddypress thinking that it might have something to do with it but have determined it is overkill for my site and that it still does not take care of my problem. I keep thinking there is some place I need to go to change user permissions. Please advise. I am willing to give temporary back door access if necessary.

    #169509
    opc0de
    Participant

    Hello.

    Is it normal bbpress does not take into consideration my theme based on “roots.io/sage” ?

    Sage use bootstrap.

    And form, button, etc of bbpress do not have the bootstrap/Sage theme.

    The css of my theme is only in “/dist/styles/main.css” (the style.css have not any style).

    Is this the normal behavior ? please

    #169506
    tech-pc
    Participant

    SOLVED! “Private Groups” Plugin does all of this and more!!! AWESOME plugin- this should be built into the core of BBpress- it’s that good!

    #169505
    tech-pc
    Participant

    How to keep members in their own forum?

    I have a site “mysite.com” with wordpress/bbpress, currently this site has 1 forum for a club-A, all the registered users use this forum. All members are manually activated. All is good. ( I love BBpress! )

    HOWEVER -“IF” I were to wish to add another forum for Club-B within “mysite.com” and keep those users seperate from the CLUB-A forum and vice-versa how is that accomplished?

    It seems that within wordpress/bbpress all registered users would normally have access to both forums.

    Example: “Joe” could be a member of Club-A and Club-B and therefore should have access to both of those forums. “Sally” is only a member of Club-A and therefore should only access Club-A forum.

    I do have the following plugins that “may” help- but not sure how to implement them to accomplish this or if it’s even possible.

    1 – Capabilities Manager
    2 – WP Members
    3 – login-logout redirects

    Ideas?
    Thanks in advance for any help or ideas that you can provide – I’m stumped! So far everything I have thought of to accomplish this has failed- so I thought I’d ask here before I end up breaking something.

    #169504
    bpakclac2015
    Participant

    Good day guys!

    I have the same issue with two forums; an English and a French one.
    When I shortcode to one from a page called up by a menu item, it displays fine, but when I do the same from another menu item(the French one) from another page, and shortcode to the other forum, then bbPress shows both of the forums.

    See it here.
    http://www.businessperformances.com

    #169499
    iJamesPine
    Participant

    @robkk Unforuntaly I haven’t heard back from @johnjamesjacoby yet, I can imagine he’s a busy guy, and this doesn’t appear to be the simplest of bugs to fix. It obviously appears to be a front end issue, yet is still happening without any themes or plugins (other than bbPress) enabled.

    I’ve been actively updating all my plugins as new versions come out. I think I’m going to make a copy of my site on my localhost and see if the problem persists there, ruling out the possibility of a server issue, will keep this thread updated. That is however, the last thing I can try to the extent of my bbPress knowledge.

    Thanks for your reply!

    #169491
    Alex Seidanis
    Participant

    Hello all,

    several times I tried to import my vBulletin forum to bbpress, but it always seems to stall at some spot and starts outputting dashes. For some reason, it doesn’t always stall at the same spot. I have increased the memory limit, frequently refresh an admin page on a separate tab to keep the user session alive, but nothing seems to prevent those dashes from appearing. Stopping and restarting the process only produces more dashes where it left off; the only thing that does some trick is flushing the previous import data and starting clean.

    Is there a mySQL / phpMyAdmin guide somewhere to help me out do that conversion the hardcore way, please? @netweb?

    #169485

    In reply to: Demo of bbPress ?

    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    You can find examples on this page: https://bbpress.org/about/examples/
    Pascal.

    #169484

    Topic: Demo of bbPress ?

    in forum Plugins
    saramalik420
    Participant

    Hi

    I want to see Demo of bbPress ? Can anyone please share url where I can check different styles of bbPress ?

    I want to install bbPress on my website

    #169475
    Robkk
    Moderator

    @kallard

    Checking your site again, the padding for the bbPress forum header that shows the labels looks a little cozy to the left, you may need to edit the padding-left: 0 !important;, by default I think the padding is set to about 8px, maybe setting 0 to 8px or removing the !important might help with that.

    #169473
    Robkk
    Moderator

    @casiepa

    That code will make it where if you visit your profile the title tag will display Your, instead of, Your Profile, Your Topics, or Your Favorites, etc.

    @deall

    Use something like this for only the single topic, and single forum pages.

    Add this php code snippet into your child themes functions.php file, or in a plugin like functionality.

     function rkk_custom_titles( $new_title ){
       if ( bbp_is_single_forum() ) {
      		$new_title['format'] = esc_attr__( '%s', 'bbpress' );
    
      	// Topic page
        } elseif ( bbp_is_single_topic() ) {
      		$new_title['format'] = esc_attr__( '%s', 'bbpress' );
    
      	}
         return $new_title;
     }
    
     add_filter( 'bbp_before_title_parse_args', 'rkk_custom_titles' );
    #169468
    staceyc123
    Participant

    Hi! i was just looking for some help to customise redirecting my bb press login pages.

    Currently when people register with my website using bbpress. it looks part of my website. but if they are met with the “ERROR: This username is already registered. Please choose another one.
    or
    ERROR: This email is already registered, please choose another one.”

    then this message is displayed on a new page. (I have already changed the logo so it does not display the wordpress logo)

    but i would like the page to be views inside my website to look part of the website, like the register option is.

    The same goes for the “registration complete” page,
    Right now those pages look like a seperate website due to the page completely changing, Is this possible to change?

    One more thing, is there a way also to allow users to create a password upon registering, it seems a nuisance to have to register, then check your emails, visit a new page to create a password and then log in. Thats 4 steps to take.

    Im not great with coding so ideally the less coding the better,

    I did have another login plugin which did all this in the settings section but i think i need to use bbprress login as i have the bbpress forum. I don’t think any other login plugin will work to log into the bbpress forum.

    #169465
    tech-pc
    Participant

    Hi Robkk -thank you for addressing this – I see you on here all the time and I’m so glad I got you specifically. If anyone can solve this-it is you.

    Allow me to first give you a heads up on what I have here:

    1. WordPress (current version)
    2. BBpress (current Version)
    3. I am currently running only one (1) forum with topics
    (may be more forums later- but for now its enough)

    Goal: to have “Recent Forum Topics” as a scrolling widget rather than a long static list in my sidebar. I am currently displaying 10 most recent, and would like to scroll 3 of the 10 most recent at a time. (Sounds simple enough -but I have experienced otherwise)

    I used this plugin as it seemed to be the closest fit, but it only seems to scroll “Posts” not “Recent Forum Topics” http://www.gopiplus.com/work/2010/07/18/vertical-scroll-recent-post/
    (can be found in the WP admin plugins directory)

    This plugin widget seems to work great for POSTS, if it did “Recent Forum Topics” it would be perfect.

    I have had contact with the author, several emails – he has been very gracious, and prompt in his responses, however, there may be a communication problem in differentiating “Posts” from “Recent Forum Topics”. This is why I’ve finally posted here.

    Thank you for your efforts and assistance.

    I used this plugin http://www.gopiplus.com/work/2010/07/18/vertical-scroll-recent-post/

    #169462

    In reply to: From BBPress to PHPBB

    Robkk
    Moderator

    @boscagoo

    Since this is exporting from bbPress/WordPress to phpBB, I say contact the phpBB community in their support forums.

    #169458
    Robkk
    Moderator

    No it is not really about content, what I think your experiencing is a bug. I have seen it before on these forums.

    It has to do with using lists <li> and not surrounding it in an unordered <ul> or ordered list <ol>.

    This issue might be happening, because bbPress uses lists for its forum layout.

    To fix it, you can edit your post and make sure that the lists <li></li> have a surrounding unordered or ordered list around it like so.

    <ul>
        <li>Some List</li>
    </ul>
Viewing 25 results - 13,076 through 13,100 (of 64,722 total)
Skip to toolbar