Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'bbpress'

Viewing 25 results - 13,126 through 13,150 (of 64,723 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #169320
    Lgeo
    Participant

    On tab at the top of the browser the title of the page says like “Forum |”, and that’s all. At the same time all other pages not connected with bbpress display site titile correctly: “Page | Site title”. How to force bbpress to show something after the character “|”?
    Thank you!

    #169318
    Robkk
    Moderator

    There could be a plugin that affects TinyMCE that could be causing this issue. Try some plugin troubleshooting.

    Troubleshooting

    I could also check out your theme if you tell me what it is.

    #169315
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Here is the ticket for forums pagination.

    https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1997

    #169314
    Robkk
    Moderator

    @danceee3

    Oh I forgot, put the customized loop-single-topic.php you have to a folder called bbpress in your child theme. bbPress should then use that file, and you should see the changes immediately.

    #169313
    TKServer
    Participant

    I’m not a fan of the basic bbPress widget which shows my users the number of “empty topic tags.” That’s useless. I also want to just show “total posts” not replies and topics separately.

    For a fun challenge I decided to make my own plugin which shows a very slightly different, but useful and configurable bbPress stats widget. Once I’m sure it is clean and ready for public use I’ll submit it to the WP plugins.

    A live version can be found here: http://www.utehub.com/forums/

    bbpress stats widget
    bbpress stats widget

    #169311
    Robkk
    Moderator

    You can just use the code I posted here. It is more customizable then the other one in the codex article and the other topic you linked to. I might change it in the codex article later on to this one too.

    Login, Register, Lost Password links

    You can put a custom page like this '/page-slug/'. Here I made it so where when a user logs out they go to a page called “Logout” that has the permalink slug “logout”.

    add_filter( 'wp_nav_menu_items', 'rkk_add_auth_links', 10 , 2 );
    function rkk_add_auth_links( $items, $args ) {
        if (is_user_logged_in() && $args->theme_location == 'sub-header-menu') {
            $items .= '<li><a href="'. wp_logout_url('/logout/') .'">Log Out</a></li>';
        }
        elseif (!is_user_logged_in() && $args->theme_location == 'sub-header-menu') {
            $items .= '<li><a href="'. site_url('wp-login.php') .'">Log In</a></li>';
            $items .= '<li><a href="'. site_url('wp-login.php?action=register') .'">Register</a></li>';
            $items .= '<li><a href="'. site_url('wp-login.php?action=lostpassword') .'">Lost Password</a></li>';
        }
        return $items;
    }
    #169310
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Since I see you have Avada, you may need to go through some plugin troubleshooting.

    Troubleshooting

    Also your notification bar says for users to not register, you can disallow that by going into Settings > General and disable Anyone can register. Enable it again whenever you want.

    #169309
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Try this custom css, I think I got ahold of most of the styles you would need to fix this issue. Make sure to place these CSS styles into your child themes stylesheet or anywhere else you can place custom CSS styles into, like in a separate plugin

    #bbpress-forums ul>li {
        overflow-x: visible !important;
        overflow-y: visible !important;
        padding-left: 0 !important;
    }
    
    #bbpress-forums ul>li:before {
        margin-left: 0 !important;
        content: ‘‘ !important;
        margin-right: 0 !important;
        bottom: 0 !important;
        position: relative !important;
        display: block !important;
    }
    
    #bbpress-forums li {
        color: inherit !important;
        margin: 0 !important;
    }
    #169306
    Robkk
    Moderator

    and whether they can respond to the posts via e-mail?

    bbPress cannot do this by default, you may need a plugin for this. I think their is one in the WordPress repository called bbPress bbPress post by email. It needs to be hooked up with an SMTP service though.

    Robkk
    Moderator

    This is a known bug. HEre is the ticket.

    https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2690

    @tkserver’s right it is a bit of both.

    @wafadul follow this topic if you haven’t seen @tkserver’s BuddyPress topic yet.

    BBpress post edit causes multiple activity entries

    #169301
    Robkk
    Moderator

    On my menu on wordpress I am getting link.com/forum-4/ and I cant remove the “-4”?

    Well you created a page called forum 3 other times that is why it adds the -4 to the end.

    If you are creating a “forum page”, know that you really do not have to do this. Just go to /forums or whatever the forum root slug is set in your forum settings in Settings > Forums.

    I’m getting the same error on bbpress with some forums.

    Are you naming a forum, “forum”??

    Also, where is the function for users to register and their profiles?

    Since your using the bbPress plugin, you register through WordPress login and register forms. bbPress has some shortcodes you can place in a page, and they will redirect you to the default WordPress forms since they aren’t really dedicated forms.

    Profiles should be present if users click their name on the bbPress login widget, the author link in their posts, or you can add a custom menu item using a function in this guide.

    Layout and functionality – Examples you can use

    #169300
    Robkk
    Moderator

    @kallard

    This is a common layout issue and like you said caused by the themes css and because bbPress uses lists instead of a table layout.

    You can most likely fix this just with some Custom CSS. When I visited your site I do not see the discussion forums present, so can you activate bbPress again so I can help with this by giving you some CSS to fix the layout issue.

    #169299
    tylerfisher
    Participant

    Hey guys,

    I’m using bbpress but I’m having a problem.

    On my menu on wordpress I am getting link.com/forum-4/ and I cant remove the “-4”?

    I’m getting the same error on bbpress with some forums.

    Also, where is the function for users to register and their profiles?

    #169298
    Boscagoo
    Participant

    Hello, I would like to transfer my BBPress forum to PHPBB3 forum on mySQL Database. I don’t found any converter to do this (only wit pay options). Is this possible? I have the SQL file of all wordpress and the XML export from BBPress. Thanks for the help

    M.

    TKServer
    Participant
    #169293
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    For the issue: try to deactivate all plugins except bbpress and start activating one after the other to find the culprit…
    For the questions on knowing about changes, I’m using ‘Simple History’ as we work with multiple admins, but there are probably others that exist.
    Pascal.

    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    That’s most probably a question for the buddypress forum and not for the bbPress forum, right ?
    Pascal.

    #169290
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi kallard,
    The best place to start from would probably be the bbpress codex: https://codex.bbpress.org/themes/
    If you are not really sold on this theme, try to look for bbpress compatible themes to get started faster.
    Pascal.

    DealL
    Participant

    How to remove Title prefixes ‘Topic:’ and ‘Forum:’?

    I can see these tickets :

    https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1764
    &
    https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/5018

    are discussing the issue but I don’t know how to use them.

    Do I upload the files attached in the topics as plugins? Or do I paste the code from the files in functions.php of my child theme?

    Kindly help

    Thank you

    #169288
    kallard
    Participant

    Here is my forum page: http://www.sdusdpreptimeteachers.com/discussion/

    This is a brand new installation of both WP and bbPress, and not much up on the page so far, and certainly no discussion as of now.

    I have bullets in front of everything in the forum and my formatting is thrown off, most likely because of the bullets.

    I know that this is an issue with my theme that I created in Artisteer, as this did not happen with the free themes from WordPress.org. That being said, I am not sold on this theme – was just trying to get something up – but will definitely be creating my own rather than using TwentyThirteen or other similar theme.

    What do I need to look for to change this and where?

    I did search this issue and only found one post from over 2 years ago and tried to solve that way with no success.

    AndyF
    Participant

    Please help me with this issue. I have to take the site public this week and I still don’t see a way to get WordPress to assign the forum roles. I have the bbpress forum settings set to: “Auto role: Automatically give registered visitors the participant forum role.”

    WordPress is not seeing this. When a new user signs up they just get the WordPress subscriber role and no forum role.

    Please help.

    Thanks,

    Andy

    #169282
    mica123
    Participant

    Hello again,

    many apologies for causing a misunderstanding here. All the login/logout links work. I was only asking about the profile link after logout – this is also fine. My question can be ignored.

    Many apologies to @robkk. The profile link code is his – taken from How to add user profile link to specific menu

    Thanks.

    #169280
    anisjolly
    Participant

    Hi guys

    I’m hoping you can help me with some super sticky issues I’m experiencing.

    I’ve created a topic which I’ve set to Super Sticky, not belonging to any parent forums (I have a few forums in my setup) and I can see it in the first forum, but not the multiple other forums I’ve setup.

    I’m left scratching my head with this one. I’m pretty good with web stuff, development etc, and I’m using bbPress 2.5.8.

    I’d be grateful for all the help I can get with this.

    Thanks

    Anis

    #169277
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi Alessandra,
    I confirm that bbPress has all it need for subscription to forums (in case new topics are created) and to topics (to get notified in case of replies).
    Pascal.

    #169271
    AlessandraT
    Participant

    Hello,

    I am evaluating whether to use bbpress for a website and am unfamiliar with it. Can anyone tell me whether it’s possible to set it up so that users can subscribe to receive forum posts via e-mail and whether they can respond to the posts via e-mail?

    Thank you!

    Alessandra

Viewing 25 results - 13,126 through 13,150 (of 64,723 total)
Skip to toolbar