Categories
Search
Bottom

How to keep members in their own forum?

• tech-pc
    Participant

@tech-pc

How to keep members in their own forum?

I have a site “mysite.com” with wordpress/bbpress, currently this site has 1 forum for a club-A, all the registered users use this forum. All members are manually activated. All is good. ( I love BBpress! )

HOWEVER -“IF” I were to wish to add another forum for Club-B within “mysite.com” and keep those users seperate from the CLUB-A forum and vice-versa how is that accomplished?

It seems that within wordpress/bbpress all registered users would normally have access to both forums.

Example: “Joe” could be a member of Club-A and Club-B and therefore should have access to both of those forums. “Sally” is only a member of Club-A and therefore should only access Club-A forum.

I do have the following plugins that “may” help- but not sure how to implement them to accomplish this or if it’s even possible.

1 – Capabilities Manager
    2 – WP Members
    3 – login-logout redirects

Ideas?
    Thanks in advance for any help or ideas that you can provide – I’m stumped! So far everything I have thought of to accomplish this has failed- so I thought I’d ask here before I end up breaking something.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• tech-pc
    Participant

@tech-pc

SOLVED! “Private Groups” Plugin does all of this and more!!! AWESOME plugin- this should be built into the core of BBpress- it’s that good!

Yes, bbP Private Groups is also my preferred option for this kind of setup !
    pascal.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar