Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Recent Forum Topics – Scroll widget

• tech-pc
    Participant

@tech-pc

I am trying to get the “Recent Forum Topics” to be in a widget that scrolls instead of a static list in the sidebar. Example – scroll 3 of the 10 most recent at a time.

Does anyone know of a widget that does this?? Everyone claims to have a widget that does this, however all that I have tried ONLY scroll the “Posts” not “Recent Forum Topics.”

Please help – I will be eternally grateful as I have spent hours and hours trying to find a way to complete this seemingly simple task.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

Everyone claims to have a widget that does this,

Where did you get that from information from?

however all that I have tried ONLY scroll the “Posts” not “Recent Forum Topics.

How did you get posts?? Explain how you did it, and I will try to see if you can do the same thing for recent topics.

tech-pc
    Participant

@tech-pc

Hi Robkk -thank you for addressing this – I see you on here all the time and I’m so glad I got you specifically. If anyone can solve this-it is you.

Allow me to first give you a heads up on what I have here:

1. WordPress (current version)
    2. BBpress (current Version)
    3. I am currently running only one (1) forum with topics
    (may be more forums later- but for now its enough)

Goal: to have “Recent Forum Topics” as a scrolling widget rather than a long static list in my sidebar. I am currently displaying 10 most recent, and would like to scroll 3 of the 10 most recent at a time. (Sounds simple enough -but I have experienced otherwise)

I used this plugin as it seemed to be the closest fit, but it only seems to scroll “Posts” not “Recent Forum Topics” http://www.gopiplus.com/work/2010/07/18/vertical-scroll-recent-post/
    (can be found in the WP admin plugins directory)

This plugin widget seems to work great for POSTS, if it did “Recent Forum Topics” it would be perfect.

I have had contact with the author, several emails – he has been very gracious, and prompt in his responses, however, there may be a communication problem in differentiating “Posts” from “Recent Forum Topics”. This is why I’ve finally posted here.

Thank you for your efforts and assistance.

I used this plugin http://www.gopiplus.com/work/2010/07/18/vertical-scroll-recent-post/

Robkk

@robkk

I see you on here all the time and I’m so glad I got you specifically. If anyone can solve this-it is you.

Well….not all the time.

I used this plugin as it seemed to be the closest fit, but it only seems to scroll “Posts” not “Recent Forum Topics”

Right, I found the plugin and see it does only posts. I did search for an alternative just to see the developer created a ton of similar plugins with similar functionality.

I found one called Vertically scroll rss feed, that could do what you want.

Just configure the settings to display how many you want and just make sure the feed url is something like yoursite.com/topics/feed, this is the feed url of the topics archive which will show the most recent created topics on your site.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar