Can’t reply to ANY topics, yet can still post new topics.
So as of approximately 10:30pm Sunday night the last reply was posted to my website jamiepine.com/forums. Users of my site were unable from that point on to post replies to any topic in any forum on my site.
It allows them to write their reply, then upon clicking submit, the page reloads and the reply isn’t there. I’ve spent over 13 hours trying to find something that could be causing a conflict or error that would prevent replies being created. Here’s what I’ve tried so far:
– I’ve disabled ALL plugins aside from bbPress
– I’ve disabled the my theme (switched to TwentyTwelve, TwentyThirteen and TwentyFourteen)
– I’ve done both of the above at the same time & on their own
– I’ve disabled Cloudflare (my CDN / cache service) [it’s still disabled]
– I’ve updated all plugins and themes
– I’ve typed every possible phrase relating to this problem into Google in effort to find answers
– I’ve inspected the database to the best of my knowledge**
**I’ve noticed bbPress is creating many revisions of old replies from last year even when the site was in maintenance mode and no users were able to access. I was also receiving an email telling me I’d received a new reply to my topics (from 2014) when I wasn’t even touching the site. It’s essentially gone senile.
I’d list all my plugins, but my problem is I’ve changed nothing before 10:30PM that Sunday other than adjusting plugin settings in WP Super Cache, which is now disabled. In fact I know the pages aren’t cached because I can update anything else on these pages and create new topics; I just can’t reply.
My theme clearly isn’t the problem as it’s still broken at a core level; but it is my own child theme of Canvas.
The only thing I can think of is that I installed a plugin called bbPress AJAX replies a few hours prior to the problem, but that plugin did nothing of use anyway so I removed it straight away. I also inspected the code and didn’t find anything that would cause a lasting effect on the site, no database communications of any nature.
…But it looks to be a database issue?
This has caused me no end of headache and I’d greatly appreciate some help, I’ll provide you with any details you need / admin login to the site. I have hundreds of users waiting to use the site.
Thanks in advance,
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.