Search Results for 'bbpress'
-
Search Results
-
Topic: Rating of Topics by members
So I am using this extra function so that extra HTML tags are not stripped for non-admin users:
add_filter( 'bbp_kses_allowed_tags', 'ntwb_bbpress_custom_kses_allowed_tags' ); function ntwb_bbpress_custom_kses_allowed_tags() { return array( // Links 'a' => array( 'class' => true, 'href' => true, 'title' => true, 'rel' => true, 'class' => true, 'target' => true, ), // Quotes 'blockquote' => array( 'cite' => true, ), // Div 'div' => array( 'class' => true, ), // Span 'span' => array( 'class' => true, 'style' => true, ), // Paragraph 'p' => array( 'dir' => true, 'style' => true, ), // Code 'code' => array(), 'pre' => array( 'class' => true, ), // Formatting 'em' => array(), 'strong' => array(), 'del' => array( 'datetime' => true, ), // Lists 'ul' => array(), 'ol' => array( 'start' => true, ), 'li' => array(), // Images 'img' => array( 'class' => true, 'src' => true, 'border' => true, 'alt' => true, 'height' => true, 'width' => true, ), // Tables 'table' => array( 'align' => true, 'bgcolor' => true, 'border' => true, ), 'tbody' => array( 'align' => true, 'valign' => true, ), 'td' => array( 'align' => true, 'valign' => true, ), 'tfoot' => array( 'align' => true, 'valign' => true, ), 'th' => array( 'align' => true, 'valign' => true, ), 'thead' => array( 'align' => true, 'valign' => true, ), 'tr' => array( 'align' => true, 'valign' => true, ), 'video' => array( 'controls' => true, 'width' => true, 'height' => true, 'source' => array( 'src' => true, 'type' => true ) ) ); } // ==============================================================Notice the section at the end for videos? This is the issue. These videos are inserted using the TinyMCE Video plugin. Once it is inserted it looks something like this:
<video controls="controls" width="300" height="150"> <source src="https://www.publictalksoftware.co.uk/videos/forum/pts-test-video.mp4" type="video/mp4" /></video>The problem is that for a non-admin user the < and /> wrapped around the source tag is getting escaped. Thus the syntax is not correct and the video module will not play.
Robin suggested I switch off moderation:
add_filter( 'bbp_bypass_check_for_moderation', '__return_true' );
And to try removing this filter:remove_filter( 'bbp_new_reply_pre_content', 'bbp_filter_kses', 30 );But i can’t get it to work. The only way to insert one of these videos is if a admin user does it so that the escaping of the source tag does not happen.
Can this be resolved?
It is not a bug with the TinyMCE Video plugin. It is a bug only with non admin users inserting the videos. I assumed BBPress is escaping the inner content. Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks.
Hello !
After a backup recovery of my website, all the emojis used in pages / post / forums were transformed into ????
So, I could correct my posts and pages because the “????” where only a few, but on my forums, they are too many, so I just want to replace the “????” with ” ” so that we don’t get bothered by this issue.
So : Do you know a way to search / replace text in all bbpress topics & replies ?
I have been trying with the plugin Word Replacer, but it doesn’t remove the “????” in database and need to always be running to make the replacement which I want to avoid (I just want to edit all of those ???? and save that change forever).
Do you know other plugin/alternatives I could use to remove those “????” (or make my emojis come back again, which would be awesome 😀 ) !
Thank you for your help !
Hi there!
I’m trying to get a bbpress forum set up on my site, and while we’ve got the majority of it set up the way we’d like, there’s an issue when someone tries to access the forum via mobile/smartphone.
The reply box seems to overflow over the edge of the screen, such as in this picture:

I tried to adjust the width of the bbpress-topic-form using the Custom CSS on my theme, but while this seems to work for narrow browser windows on desktop, the mobile view remains the same as it does in the picture above.
For reference, this was the code I was trying:
@media only screen and (max-width: 600px) { #new-topic-0.bbp-topic-form{ width: 50%; } }I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what might be going on here? I’m running the Gridmag theme (not pro) at the minute, could that be causing a conflict?
Am really new to bbpress, How do i fix an old topic becoming a first topic when a member makes a reply on it?
i my forum, there are different topics made by members, on daily bases but i found out that when a new member replies to an old topic, that topic automatically moves to the top of other new topics…
this is a pain. pls is there a code to stop this, i don’t need plugins for it.