Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Upgrade to 2.6.2 caused live site crash

• randrcomputers
    Participant

@randrcomputers

I had to downgrade but update does run on dev site. Im not sure why its crashing live site? Never got to database conversion just installed update and then crashed. Only option was to downgrade back to 2.5. any ideas why this would happen? Should i try 2.6.1 first maybe?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

What do you mean by “crash?” What happened?

How big are your forums? How many users, topics, etc…

randrcomputers
    Participant

@randrcomputers

Link to site vpinball.com/forums

By crash I mean site was down only way to recover was to manually copy bbpress 2.5 plugin backup via ftp

randrcomputers
    Participant

@randrcomputers

Sorry will try to provide more details…

Total forums: 35 • Total posts: 63,649 • Total topics: 4,686 • Total users: 20,840

Site installed plugin just fine but as soon as it finished and re activated bbpress plugin i could not access anything including backend. It would error with “site is experiencing technical difficulties” I could access backend in “recovery mode” but entire site was down. I have had 2.6rc7 installed on dev site for at least 6 months so not sure why it caused such a problem on live site? I did disable security and cache and i even put site in maintenance mode via theme option to keep members from posting while i did upgrade. Not sure if it was related to users still logged in or some plugin conflict but the dev site is running fine with same plugins only difference is no users logged in and no traffic

randrcomputers
    Participant

@randrcomputers

@johnjamesjacoby i know you guys are busy but you think i should try 2.6rc7 or 2.6.0 then 2.6.2? only reason i saw that is thats what i did on dev site

randrcomputers
    Participant

@randrcomputers

Tried again and in recovery i can see this error…

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 62 of the file /home/vpinba5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/2-6bbpress/includes/extend/buddypress/notifications.php. Error message: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function bbp_format_buddypress_notifications(), 5 passed in /home/vpinba5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-ulike/inc/general-functions.php on line 1097 and exactly 8 expected in /home/vpinba5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/2-6bbpress/includes/extend/buddypress/notifications.php:62 Stack trace: #0 /home/vpinba5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-ulike/inc/general-functions.php(1097): bbp_format_buddypress_notifications(‘wp_ulike_commen…’, ‘1099232’, ‘2355’, ‘1’, ‘object’) #1 /home/vpinba5/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): wp_ulike_bbp_format_buddypress_notifications(‘wp_ulike_commen…’, ‘1099232’, ‘2355’, ‘1’, ‘object’, ‘wp_ulike_commen…’, ‘wp_ulike’, ‘137328’) #2 /home/vpinba5/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(251): WP_Hook->apply_filters(‘wp_ulike_commen…’, Array) #3 /home/vpinba5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-notifications/bp-notifications-functions.php(293): apply_filters_ref_array(‘bp_notification…’, Array) #4 /home/v

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar