Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Freshness doesn’t seem to update as quickly any more?

• Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

If I add replies they used to update freshness quite quickly but now I am not seeing this.

This is with 2.6.0

Andy

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 143 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

No, that just updates a reply – I’d already eliminates that – sorry

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

So is there any way that I can provide for you the results for:

$ancestors = array_values( array_unique( array_merge( array( $topic_id, $forum_id ), (array) get_post_ancestors( $topic_id ) ) ) );

Or

foreach ( $ancestors as $ancestor )

?

Robin W

@robin-w

I can create the problem now on my test site. If I add the plugin (which I was doing to de-bug) the problem goes away. This is despite it just being the code that the function uses !

I would like to eliminate that you posted to a closed topic.

I would however like you to look at this situation

Forum a – forum, open, public parent 0
    Forum b – sub forum, public, parent forum a
    Topic x – an OPEN topic
    Reply 1 – a reply to the above topic
    reply 2 – a second reply

can you get the problem with this set up and my plugin deactivated ?

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

I would have to try that on a staging area as I will have to create some forums. It will have to be tomorrow morning now unless someone else gets to it.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Just had a thought. In the ancestor list how does it know when it is a category item instead of a forum?

Robin W

@robin-w

both are just a ‘post parent’ in the posts table. For bbpress the only difference is that categories don’t get topics, whereas forums do !

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

I tried @robin-w your requested setup (with the new plugin deactivated).

It was as we expect. Creating the new topic shows the freshness correctly. Adding one or two replies only shows the freshness correct in the forum that the topic belongs to. The parent forum of the sub forum has not been updated with the replies freshness.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

BUT

If I activate your plugin then it works. Those sub forum topics replies are updating the parents forums correctly.

So the only differences are:

1. The forum that I was testing with on my site was closed.
    2. Thus the topic I was adding a reply to was closed.
    3. For all the others (my private forums) they are inside Categories.

Hope this helps.

Robin W

@robin-w

that’s really interesting…. Let me think further

It would be great if some others can try my plugin and let me know the results

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

I installed the plugin and added a reply to one thread, and it displays the date correctly in the index.
    I might wait for other replies from others to confirm further.

Robin W

@robin-w

@cassel great – thanks – please do report back, this is not the long term solution, but will let me work with the authors to get to a resolution.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

I have an update for you @robin-w

I thought I had set up “WP Super cache” to ignore the support_forums URLs but I don’t know if that was working. I have deactivated by caching plugin and done a test and it seemed to work.

I am going to leave caching off and see how it goes (with your plugin active and my caching deactivated).

Robin W

@robin-w

great – 2 seem to be fixed by this, although I still don’t know why !

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Well, I am using your bbp style pack. Is it possible that some kind of vent hook had a priority change with the numbers in the source code which is not reflected in the style pack? Ie. Is it possible that in some instances hooks might not get executed? I recall the one instance where the number had been changed. This is only a hunch.

Andrew

beny69
    Participant

@beny69

I’ve the same problem and the plugin works 🙂
    Great! thanks so much !
    But when delete a response, the last active time is ‘Nothing’, it’s possible de recalculate the last response or topic approved ?

Tomas Platz
    Participant

@tomplatz

Hi there. I have had the same problem but now everything is ok, thanks.

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

I noticed someone else adding a reply, and the time is correct while that little plugin of yours is enabled.

Robin W

@robin-w

Thanks everyone, I have now reported this as a error in 2.6.2

https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3297#ticket

I’ll update when the bbpress authors take a look

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

I don’t know if this is anyhow related but I am trying to schedule some posts ahead of time and on the index, it shows that I added a new topic an hour ago. In the sub-forum, the topic DOES show, even though clicking on it leads to a page saying there is nothing there.

I tried setting that topic to private, to pending, to schedule for tomorrow, for a week from now. I tried to view logged in, or in an incognito window. I tried with your plugin active and not active but the topic always displays.

If it is not related, I’ll post this question on a separate thread.

Robin W

@robin-w

hmm…not sure. Freshness is really weird under 2.6, or at least my undersstnding of how it should work varies form what it actually does.

I’ll wait until the authors look at my track ticket before I work further on it.

I see that showroom is still not showing sub forums, and I’m still playing with why that might be happening.

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

Thanks for the update. And as you can see, in the Showroom, if you click on it, you will see that “Private” topic, that is currently set to Private and scheduled for later in the week. Just weird. I am sure I have scheduled posts before!

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

Just for additional information, I added an order number (other than the default 0) on one of the subforums for the SHOWROOM and now, they appear.
    Strangely, I changed it on ONE of them, and both appear.
    Stranger, the other subforums for the other forums, all have a 0 in their order field.

Robin W

@robin-w

no idea why that works !! but thanks for the update

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Am I right in saying your trac ticket has not actually been acknowledged yet?

Robin W

@robin-w

correct

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar