Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'code'

Viewing 25 results - 7,826 through 7,850 (of 32,570 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #166999
    Robkk
    Moderator

    You should be able to delete any imported users.

    Deleting bbPress

    If it is a test server, I guess you can always manually delete data using phpMyAdmin and start fresh.

    #166994
    UgoDimma
    Participant

    @Robkk
    Thanks for your support.
    I finally added define( 'WP_DEBUG', true); in my wp-config.php, and I am getting this error report;

    Notice: bbp_setup_current_user was called <stromg>incorrectly. The current user is being initialized without using $wp->inot(). Please see debugging in WordPress forore onformation. (This message was added in version 2
    3.) In ******\blessed\wp-includes a functions.php on line 3622

    Notice: the called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construction()
    Instead. In ******\blessed\wp-includes\functioms.php on lime 3457

    Please am sorry to bore you this time again, am not good incoding, how can I resolve this issues

    #166991
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Yeah the code doesn’t really work well.

    You can try to create your own new-topic post class though.

    If you come up with anything just post your result on this topic.

    #166988
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Place the CSS code I gave you your child themes stylesheet or in a separate custom css plugin.

    The /forums page looks fine now, now it is only the single forums pages. Clear any cache to see if that could fix anything.

    #166982

    In reply to: Sidebar Help

    Robkk
    Moderator

    Try to see that you are placing widgets in the right sidebar for it to show on the bbPress pages.

    IF you want full-width forums.

    Try this custom CSS to see if it fixes the empty space and makes your forums actually full width. Place the custom css in your child themes style.css file or in a custom css plugin.

    .bbpress .sidebar {
      width: 0;
      display: none;
    }
    
    .bbpress .postcontent {
        width: 100%;
    }
    #166979
    Robkk
    Moderator

    This has happened to a couple users before, so it may be a bug in bbPress that needs to be reported now.

    Just to make sure that it is just bbPress causing the issue.

    Make sure you have already done most of these troubleshooting steps. Also try in a different browser and see if it helps any.

    Troubleshooting

    And please answer these questions also.

    Is this a single site installation or multisite?
    If it is a multisite installation, what is your current user role Admin or Super Admin?

    After all this I have to collect all the topics on here about the issue in the last year.

    #166978
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Did you try refreshing your permalinks??

    Navigation Links Return 404s Errors

    Also make sure it is not a plugin conflicting with bbPress or your current theme/a code snippet in your theme causing the issue also.

    Troubleshooting

    #166962
    Robkk
    Moderator

    I just split your reply into a new topic because your reply is very specific with using the divi theme and reply threading feature in bbPress.

    I am aware of this issue. There is a conflict with a script in the Divi Theme some custom-js.js script that holds carousel/slider javascripts and it is conflicting with bbPress’s reply threading.

    A simple and fast fix, I guess would be to de-enqueue the script on any bbPress related pages.

    Contact Divi Support first about the issue to see if they have a fix handy or are aware of the issue.

    #166960
    thunksalot
    Participant

    I have a private WordPress community in which I am not concerned about members posting malicious code. The site is a dues-paying professional networking site and the profession is non-techie, so it would be really odd for someone to get malicious on it, and I have back-ups I can restore with were that to happen. That said, I don’t want to make everyone an Administrator because that gives users control over other people’s content, which I don’t want to give them. I just want to give all Participants the ability to paste unrestricted HTML content so that they can copy and paste from Word or a website and have it come through looking just fine, the way I can as an Admin with the “unrestricted HTML” permission. How can I achieve this?

    #166953
    aaron2310
    Participant

    Thanks for the reply Robkk.

    #bbpress-forums li.bbp-header,
    #bbpress-forums li.bbp-footer {
    border-top: 1px solid #eee;
    }

    #bbpress-forums li.bbp-body ul.forum,
    #bbpress-forums li.bbp-body ul.topic {
    border-top: 1px solid #eee;
    }

    I’ve changed the hex code and added it to my style sheet but it doesn’t seem to be working. Do I want to edit the actual bbpress style directly?

    Second question is tough for me to try to find what is causing the issue.

    DId you do anything to make /forums page any different from your other pages??

    Nope. It’s the same theme.

    #166952
    Robkk
    Moderator

    I think these are the borders the plugin is missing the ability to customize.

    #bbpress-forums li.bbp-header, 
    #bbpress-forums li.bbp-footer {
        border-top: 1px solid #eee;
    }
    
    #bbpress-forums li.bbp-body ul.forum, 
    #bbpress-forums li.bbp-body ul.topic {
        border-top: 1px solid #eee;
    }

    Second question is tough for me to try to find what is causing the issue.

    DId you do anything to make /forums page any different from your other pages??

    #166941

    In reply to: Profanity filter

    Robkk
    Moderator

    I do not use the plugin, I just found it in the WordPress repository.

    The plugin author has been active in the support forums in the past few weeks, so I assume people are using it still and with at least most with the latest version of WordPress.

    You can contact the plugin author in their support forums if you have any concerns with the plugin working with the latest version of WordPress.

    If a bbPress post contains a word that you put in the comment blacklist, the topic or reply will be marked as pending, and will be pending until moderation approval.

    Moderation and BlackListing

    The plugin I linked to just replaces profanity words you list with characters such as ***

    #166939
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Which one did you link me?

    Robin’s plugin for just bbPress fields.

    What I did, which seems to work fine for now…

    Yeah I told you the WordPress code would work. If you want cleaner templates you may nee to use the hook.

    bbp_theme_after_reply_author_details

    I might be saying very stupid things here (gotta learn some way), but I tried changing bbp_theme_before_topic_title to bbp_topic_class which is what my inexperienced self thought would do the trick, but it didn’t.

    Oh, you are trying to make a post class. You can try this to see if it adds a new-topic post class to any new topics. I haven’t tested this though.

    add_filter( 'bbp_get_topic_class','rkk_unread_topic' );
    function rkk_unread_topic($classes) {
    	$offset = 60*60*1; 
    	if ( get_post_time() > date('U') - $offset ) {
    			  $classes[] = 'new-topic';
    		  return $classes;
    	}
    }
    #166938
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Does it actually print the paragraph tags??

    This is for any new topic/reply right??

    You might possibly see if this is a plugin issue, maybe something that modifies Tinymce somehow?
    You can also check to see if it is a theme issue also, or a possible code snippet in a child theme.

    Troubleshooting

    #166932

    In reply to: Phpbb imort

    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    Sounds like the issue I’ve got documented on the codex here:

    Import Troubleshooting

    #166917
    tkse
    Participant

    There is a plugin Robin made that can basically do that. There is also a different plugin for displaying BuddyPress profile fields

    Which one did you link me? What I did, which seems to work fine for now is simply check for the_author_meta and display it if there’s anything there. I placed it within loop-single-reply.php without issues.

    <div class="bbp-reply-author">
    
    <?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_before_reply_author_details' ); ?>
    
    <?php bbp_reply_author_link( array( 'sep' => '<br />', 'show_role' => true ) ); ?>
    
    <?php if ( bbp_is_user_keymaster() ) : ?>
    
    <?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_before_reply_author_admin_details' ); ?>
    
    <div class="bbp-reply-ip"><?php bbp_author_ip( bbp_get_reply_id() ); ?></div>
    
    <?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_after_reply_author_admin_details' ); ?>
    
    <?php endif; ?>
    
    <?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_after_reply_author_details' ); ?>
    		
    <?php if(get_the_author_meta('twitter')):  ?>
    
    <p>Twitter: <?php the_author_meta('twitter'); ?></p>
    
    <?php 
    
    else: 
            // do nothing
    
     endif; ?>
    
    </div><!-- .bbp-reply-author -->

    Yeah you do not have to leave the [status] and just leave the classes there so you can style with just CSS.

    I can’t completely grasp what you’re saying here. Say if I wanna add the class “new-topic” instead of a “new” label. What would I change here?

    function rk_new_topics() {
    $offset = 60*60*1; 
     
       if ( get_post_time() > date('U') - $offset )
          echo '<span class="new">[New]</span>';
    }
     
    add_action( 'bbp_theme_before_topic_title', 'rk_new_topics' );

    I might be saying very stupid things here (gotta learn some way), but I tried changing bbp_theme_before_topic_title to bbp_topic_class which is what my inexperienced self thought would do the trick, but it didn’t.

    #166916
    yoshimitsu1234
    Participant

    I tried various permutations and combinations. Following codes worked for me.

    
    	add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails', array( 'post', 'forum', 'topic' ) );
    	add_post_type_support('post', 'thumbnail');
    	add_post_type_support('forum', 'thumbnail');
    	add_post_type_support('topic', 'thumbnail');
    
    #166915
    Robkk
    Moderator

    The custom profile fields, what exactly do they do? I get that I can now add my Twitter handle from profile settings, but it’s not displayed anywhere on the site.

    Yeah you have to manually place the any extra fields you want on the frontend of the user profile and and place the code in the template user-profile.php, that should be in your child theme for easy customization.

    in user-profile.php you will already see an example of the user’s description field being displayed, and you would need to do some of the same procedure.

    <?php if ( bbp_get_displayed_user_field( 'twitter' ) ) : ?>
    
        <p class="bbp-user-twitter">
            <a href="<?php bbp_displayed_user_field( 'twitter' ); ?>" title="<?php bbp_displayed_user_field( 'display_name' ); ?>'s Twitter" rel="nofollow">
                 <?php bbp_displayed_user_field( 'twitter' ); ?>
            </a>
        </p>
    
    <?php endif; ?>

    I will probably put an example for user’s to place the links on their profile templates later on that guide.

    I would love for it to be displayed beneath my avatar and username phpBB-style in topics, or at least on my visible forum profile.

    Yep, there is a way to that too. I can’t remember much but I think it just involves a hook to place the data. There is a plugin Robin made that can basically do that. There is also a different plugin for displaying BuddyPress profile fields. You can dig around the plugins code if you want to see how he did it.

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-profile-information/

    This doable? Obviously I can’t use the_author_meta() in bbpress, so…

    I think it is possible to just use the WordPress code with bbPress. bbPress is just a plugin of WordPress now.

    Also, instead of adding labels to certain topics. Can I add classes so I can do changes in CSS?

    Yeah you do not have to leave the [status] and just leave the classes there so you can style with just CSS.

    #166911
    tkse
    Participant

    This works nicely. Sorry to bug you so much.

    The custom profile fields, what exactly do they do? I get that I can now add my Twitter handle from profile settings, but it’s not displayed anywhere on the site. I would love for it to be displayed beneath my avatar and username phpBB-style in topics, or at least on my visible forum profile. This doable? Obviously I can’t use the_author_meta() in bbpress, so…

    Also, instead of adding labels to certain topics. Can I add classes so I can do changes in CSS?

    Thanks! 🙂

    #166907
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Pretty permalinks should work fine in bbPress if you have set up the permalinks to use the post name structure in Settings > Permalinks.

    https://codex.wordpress.org/Settings_Permalinks_Screen

    I don’t think it would be a step backwards, I am not sure all that the vbSEO plugin did SEO wise, but I bet there is a WordPress plugin that works fine with bbPress.

    There are two different vBull converters, vBulletin and vBulletin3. The last one is what you would want to use.

    #166906
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Not really a bbPress related question, but use this.

    ul#menu-secondary-menu {
        float: right;
    }

    Make sure to keep it bbPress related next time.

    #166905

    In reply to: Facebook Meta Data

    Robkk
    Moderator

    It might be that bbPress does not have support for featured images, and the SEO plugins pull from the featured images.

    I think you are the first to mention a feature request for a fallback image in bbPress.

    There have been users that were suggesting a possibility for featured images for forums for forum thumbnails/icons. There is a neat little piece of code to that here.

    http://www.kristarella.com/2013/04/bbpress-forum-icons/

    There might be a way to get the forums featured image to and I guess set it as the child posts (topic) featured image, but right now I am not sure how to do that right now.

    #166903

    In reply to: Adding design to page

    Robkk
    Moderator

    I am not sure using Visual composer, but since bbPress has dynamic pages and not static WordPress pages, I am not sure a page builder will help much.

    If you have a custom bbpress.php file in your theme you can add a banner to all bbPress pages or just the ones of your choice with some conditionals.

    If you are adding the banners using a shortcode you can echo the shortcode like this.

    <?php echo do_shortcode("[shortcode]"); ?>

    Just make sure to edit the bbpress.php file in your child theme and place the shortcode in the template.

    #166901
    Robkk
    Moderator

    I guess double check and make sure the email is the same.

    https://en.gravatar.com/support/gravatar-locations/

    You can also try and see if a plugin/theme is causing the issue.

    Troubleshooting

    #166895
    Robkk
    Moderator

    This guide should be helpful.

    How to change my user avatar?

Viewing 25 results - 7,826 through 7,850 (of 32,570 total)
Skip to toolbar