Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Divi theme and reply threading issue

• klink
    Participant

@klink

I am using the Divi theme by Elegant Themes and also having this problem–the threaded replies box is checked in settings, but the replies are not nested and there is no cancel button next to submit. Is there a simple fix (fingers crossed?)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

I just split your reply into a new topic because your reply is very specific with using the divi theme and reply threading feature in bbPress.

I am aware of this issue. There is a conflict with a script in the Divi Theme some custom-js.js script that holds carousel/slider javascripts and it is conflicting with bbPress’s reply threading.

A simple and fast fix, I guess would be to de-enqueue the script on any bbPress related pages.

Contact Divi Support first about the issue to see if they have a fix handy or are aware of the issue.

klink
    Participant

@klink

I have contacted them, thank you.

klink
    Participant

@klink

It took a few days to prove that Divi was the issue, but now they know and the issue has been sent to their developers. I’m not sure how to de-enqueue scripts, but I’ll see if someone can help me. Thanks.

Robkk

@robkk

It is just a conflicting piece of javascript somewhere in the file. If they already have a fix somewhere in that file for comment threading then something similar may need to be done to bbPress reply threading since both their scripts are very similar.

Try this custom php code snippet. Place it in your child themes functions.php file or in a functionality plugin.

add_action( 'wp_print_scripts', 'rkk_reply_threading_divi' );

function rkk_reply_threading_divi() {

if( function_exists( 'is_bbpress' ) && bbp_is_single_topic() && bbp_thread_replies() ) {
            wp_dequeue_script( 'divi-custom-script' );
        }
    }

klink
    Participant

@klink

Thank you @robkk It didn’t work, but I only have a basic understanding, so I’m not exactly sure if I put the code in the right place in the file. Here is what my functions.php file looks like with the code you provided.

<?php

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'theme_enqueue_styles' );
    function theme_enqueue_styles() {
        wp_enqueue_style( 'parent-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/style.css' );
        wp_enqueue_style( 'child-style',
            get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/style.css',
            array('parent-style')
        );
    }
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'theme_enqueue_styles' );

register_nav_menus( array(
    	'primary-menu'   => __( 'Primary Menu', 'Divi' ),
    	'profile-menu'   => __( 'Profile Menu', 'Divi' ),
    	'secondary-menu' => __( 'Secondary Menu', 'Divi' ),
    	'footer-menu'    => __( 'Footer Menu', 'Divi' ),
    ) );

if( function_exists( 'is_bbpress' ) && bbp_is_single_topic() && bbp_thread_replies() ) 

{
        }
    }
    ?>

Robkk

@robkk

I guess you can try this code instead to see if it works any. I guess I can can also just check out to see if the custom script file name changed. I am using an older version of Divi 2.4 for testing so it could be a possibility.

You can contact me here if you want me to check it out on your site later.
    Contact

if( is_bbpress() && bbp_is_single_topic() ) {
        }
    }

trishadams
    Participant

@trishadams

Hi @klink – Did you ever get this issue resolved? I’m also using Divi and bbpress and running into the same issue.

qoa taxicover
    Participant

@qoatctaxi

i have already using a theme wordpress platform.

can you suggest me a good theme for my website. http://qoatc.com.au/

Thanks

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar