Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Few questions about BBPress

• reminisce32
    Participant

@reminisce32

I currently have a vbulletin, and used to have vBSEO for thread title to show up in the url. I’ve since lost this.. if I convert to BBpress, can I somehow get the thread titles in the url for seo purposes?

Also, if I install bbpress, will it look like the one on this site by default, with the different forum topics on the left? Thanks.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• reminisce32
    Participant

@reminisce32

And just a follow up.. there certainly wouldn’t be a step backwards in terms of seo if I covert my vbulletin to bbpress, correct? especially given that my vB thread urls contain no words?

reminisce32
    Participant

@reminisce32

And my vbulletin is only a 3.8 as well. Is there not support for 3.8 or would I have to upgrade it to vBulletin v4.x first?

Robkk

@robkk

Pretty permalinks should work fine in bbPress if you have set up the permalinks to use the post name structure in Settings > Permalinks.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Settings_Permalinks_Screen

I don’t think it would be a step backwards, I am not sure all that the vbSEO plugin did SEO wise, but I bet there is a WordPress plugin that works fine with bbPress.

There are two different vBull converters, vBulletin and vBulletin3. The last one is what you would want to use.

reminisce32
    Participant

@reminisce32

Thanks for the response. Can you provide the link to convert a vbulletin 3.8? I only see the vBulletin v4.x Importer for bbPress.

Robkk

@robkk

Nevermind I think you have to update to 4x, the other importer is for a much older version of vBull.

Make sure to have a backup saved before doing an import. You may try doing a backup on a test server also.

https://codex.bbpress.org/import-forums/vbulletin

Import Forums

Import Troubleshooting

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar