Categories
Search
Bottom

Nothing happens after install

• bo-oz
    Participant

@bo-oz

Hi,

I tried installing bbPress, after activation I was redirected to a page which told me “you have insufficient rights”. After a refresh, the plugin was activated but nothing changed in the menu (no formums menu option, also no settings -> forums was added). I tried deactivating -> activating and completely re-installing the plugin, but nothing worked so far.

I use wordpress 4.3.1 and the latest version bbPress to automated plugin install.

I’m also using WPML, could that be causing conflicts?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hi bo-oz,
    I don’t know what could cause the issues (probably another plugin), but for your last line: we also use WPML and bbpress works fine.
    Pascal.

bo-oz
    Participant

@bo-oz

I suppose activating the plugin should create some tables in the database… but this doesn’t happen. Only thing I see is 3 records added to the wp_options table. Is there something I can do to pinpoint why the plugin is not working?

I even uploaded a the plugin from another website to the current website. This plugin is working on the other wordpress, but still doesn’t do anything on my new installation. It’s not running any plugins different from the one on which it’s working. The working website has about 50 records in the wp_options table.

samuelstraka
    Participant

@samuelstraka

I have same problem. After activation of this plugin I am redirected to the page with information about my insufficient rights.

Robkk

@robkk

This has happened to a couple users before, so it may be a bug in bbPress that needs to be reported now.

Just to make sure that it is just bbPress causing the issue.

Make sure you have already done most of these troubleshooting steps. Also try in a different browser and see if it helps any.

Troubleshooting

And please answer these questions also.

Is this a single site installation or multisite?
    If it is a multisite installation, what is your current user role Admin or Super Admin?

After all this I have to collect all the topics on here about the issue in the last year.

samuelstraka
    Participant

@samuelstraka

Hi Rob,

I have single site installation only. I could try it with Chrome and Firefox and it was same in both browsers.
    But I tried to install bbpres 2.6 alfa yesterday. After installation same problem exist. Today afternoon I tried to look once again to WordPress dashboard and there was added menu item Forum with submenu Settings where I could setup bbpress.
    I don’t know how it make. I didn’t make anything after this unsuccessful installation. It seems bbpress is OK now.

Robkk

@robkk

There was an additional sub menu?? Was it the forum moderators menu??

Hopefully you are not running the alpha version on a production site.

bbPress is installed and activated now after a manual installation??

samuelstraka
    Participant

@samuelstraka

I thought that when I click to Forum there was submenu with one choice Seetings.
    bbPress 2.6 alpha is installed and activated by manual installation but I don’t use it now on our web because I don’t want to use it in English. I will find Czech translation or I will try to translate it …

Kari1
    Participant

@kari1

is there a polish language pack for bbPress 2.6 too?

redshoee
    Participant

@redshoee

Hi,
    you can try to disable all the plugin but bbpress.
    I had the same problem as yours but when I disable the WPML Multilingual CMS ,then the button is appeared

Robkk

@robkk

@samuelstraka

In the WordPress backend you will see these new menu items when activating bbPress.

Forums
    -All Forums
    -New Forum
    -Forum Moderators (in 2.6)
    Topics
    -All Topics
    -Topic Tags
    Replies
    -All Replies
    -New Reply
    Tools
    -Forums
    Settings
    -Forums

I am sorry but the Czech language is incomplete right now. It will be much appreciated if you do help use in creating a new czech translation for bbPress. If you want create a new topic on this site and I will try to help you the best I can in creating the translation file.

https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/bbpress/stable/cs/default

@kari1

Sorry Polish language file for bbPress is incomplete also, would love if you helped create the file. If you want create a new topic and I will try to help you the best I can in creating the language file.

https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/bbpress/stable/pl/default

barglm
    Participant

@barglm

Hello you have mentioned Czech is incomplete right now. I am front-end developer, I need CZ for bbPress so I spent some time to fill all missing strings in GlotPress (https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/bbpress/dev/cs/default). I am not sure how/when it will be approved.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar