Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

CSS Questions – Borders and Width

• aaron2310
    Participant

@aaron2310

Hi guys. I’m after some help for a website I’m currently working on. The board in particular is this – http://www.battle-bridge.co.uk/forums/ I used a plugin called bbp style pack to save me having to go through the CSS to make changes. However, there’s still some changes I was unable to make with this plugin and the author has referred me onto here.

If you see the index of the board the over all borders are the colour I set via the plugin which is #11678C. But some of the borders still remain white and the plugin author has advised me he can’t do. Where in the CSS is this to change? I can’t find it.

Second question is setting forum width. The index and any page with substance content on fill the containers. However, any pages without much such as this http://www.battle-bridge.co.uk/forums/forum/general-discussion/ don’t fill the container. I’d like to set the width to be 100% but I also can’t see that in the CSS.

I’d appreciate being pointed to the right bit. Thank you kindly 🙂

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

I think these are the borders the plugin is missing the ability to customize.

#bbpress-forums li.bbp-header, 
    #bbpress-forums li.bbp-footer {
        border-top: 1px solid #eee;
    }

#bbpress-forums li.bbp-body ul.forum, 
    #bbpress-forums li.bbp-body ul.topic {
    }

Second question is tough for me to try to find what is causing the issue.

DId you do anything to make /forums page any different from your other pages??

aaron2310
    Participant

@aaron2310

Thanks for the reply Robkk.

#bbpress-forums li.bbp-header,
    #bbpress-forums li.bbp-footer {
    }

#bbpress-forums li.bbp-body ul.forum,
    #bbpress-forums li.bbp-body ul.topic {
    }

I’ve changed the hex code and added it to my style sheet but it doesn’t seem to be working. Do I want to edit the actual bbpress style directly?

Second question is tough for me to try to find what is causing the issue.

DId you do anything to make /forums page any different from your other pages??

Nope. It’s the same theme.

Robkk

@robkk

Place the CSS code I gave you your child themes stylesheet or in a separate custom css plugin.

The /forums page looks fine now, now it is only the single forums pages. Clear any cache to see if that could fix anything.

aaron2310
    Participant

@aaron2310

Place the CSS code I gave you your child themes stylesheet or in a separate custom css plugin.

Hi Rob, it is my theme’s style sheet with changed colour code and it’s not styling.

The /forums page looks fine now, now it is only the single forums pages. Clear any cache to see if that could fix anything.

The index was fine – I assume because I filled in description and it’s filled out. Specific board indexes don’t fill to 100% nor do thread pages without much written in the posts.

Robkk

@robkk

Hi Rob, it is my theme’s style sheet with changed colour code and it’s not styling.

Did you try adding !important to see if that would work??

The index was fine – I assume because I filled in description and it’s filled out. Specific board indexes don’t fill to 100% nor do thread pages without much written in the posts.

Yes. Sorry my mistake. It might be that bbPress is inheriting different templates for archive and single pages. Try to check that by installing the What the File plugin and see what template is being inherited from the forum archive and single topic pages and see if it is different.

aaron2310
    Participant

@aaron2310

Did you try adding !important to see if that would work??

I didn’t. But that’s worked perfectly. Thanks.

Going to check out What the File shortly.

aaron2310
    Participant

@aaron2310

I’ve sorted it! Thank you kindly!

Robkk

@robkk

Glad you resolved your own issue. 🙂

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar