Categories
Search
Bottom

forums redirected to 404 page

• UgoDimma
    Participant

@lovecoinz

Hey buddy

I have bbpress install with buddypress in my WordPress, all with the latest version as at the time of writing this post.

My forums and topics redirects to 404, page not found when my users clicked on any of them, except the forums that are part of the buddypress group the said user is a member of.

As an admin, I can view all of them the normal way without any form of restriction and redirection both at the front and back end.

Even forum category that is the mother of some forums and topics are been redirected to 404 page even if the user has a forum he/she has an access to.

I have followed some directives of people on similar cases, but none works for me, wp-admin –> tools –> forum and recalculated everything there, and went to wp-admin –> tools –> buddypress and recalculated everything.
    I went to permalink and update it, but nothing seems to be working.

Please some help.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

Did you try refreshing your permalinks??

Navigation Links Return 404s Errors

Also make sure it is not a plugin conflicting with bbPress or your current theme/a code snippet in your theme causing the issue also.

Troubleshooting

UgoDimma
    Participant

@lovecoinz

@Robkk
    Thanks for your support.
    I finally added define( 'WP_DEBUG', true); in my wp-config.php, and I am getting this error report;

Notice: bbp_setup_current_user was called <stromg>incorrectly. The current user is being initialized without using $wp->inot(). Please see debugging in WordPress forore onformation. (This message was added in version 2
    3.) In ******\blessed\wp-includes a functions.php on line 3622

Notice: the called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construction()
    Instead. In ******\blessed\wp-includes\functioms.php on lime 3457

Please am sorry to bore you this time again, am not good incoding, how can I resolve this issues

Robkk

@robkk

Sorry I missed your reply.

The bbPress error is displayed when there is another plugin causing it.

It is detailed here.

bbp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly

You did to see if was a cache, theme, and plugin issue right, and received no resolutions?

Can you tell me the url you are being directed to instead of the topic pages?? Can you check in your browsers dev tools to tell me the url in the link?

You are experiencing this issue as a logged in registered user right??

Did you try reinstalling bbPress as a last resort?? It is possible for an issue to happen during installation because of some server hiccup.

Has bbPress worked fine before, then it just broke all of a sudden, or was it just broken during a fresh installation??

UgoDimma
    Participant

@lovecoinz

Hey @Robkk2.0

Thanks for your response. But am sorry for taking to long to respond. Is just that I was tryen the new ideas you gave me to see which one will work it out. But I regrete to come back without any solution yet.

I deactivated all plugins except bbpress, but it does not resolve it.

I Have no caching plugin on the site as it stands now.

Ideactivated, deleted, re-install, andre-activated bbpress, and yet, no solution.

I switched theme to default twentyfifteen, and the issue just changed, but to no better.

Here is the situation on the default theme.

Logged out users can view the forum root, and every topics, but once logged with participant role, every page will start return to error 404, both the forum root, except the forums that are associated with the buddypress group, which can only be accessed through the group.

But with moderator’s role and admin role, been logged in, he/she can view the forum root and all othe forums, topics and replies the way it surpose to be.

Since installation, I was using Admin role and capability to access my site, untill I created a new user to test run some page do I started noticing all these. So I cannot tell exactly if it worked fine at onset.

Robkk

@robkk

Did you ever install any user role and capability editing plugins before?? Some plugins could have an issue with the bbPress capabilities.

UgoDimma
    Participant

@lovecoinz

I installed user role capability in the first installed i noticed this issue on, but while running a test, i chooses a different installation that does not have user role and capabilty editor, andthe problem remain the same even when all the plugins are deactivated.

Robkk

@robkk

Do you have any hidden forums?? Hidden forums are only for Admins and mods, participants might get a 404. There might also be a bug if you are using it with BuddyPress groups for group forums.

You can test to see if it could still be a user capability issue on your site too. Just installing a plugin that modifies the bbPress user role capabilities could mess it up and it could still mess up even if you removed the plugin. Some users say the Members plugin by Justin Tadlock resolves some user role capability issues just by installing it, so you can try that.

Makes sure to test this in a default theme to make sure you do not have multiple issues regarding capability issues and a theme issue.

Make sure to test with your normal Keymaster role and also with a testuser accout with a Participant role.

UgoDimma
    Participant

@lovecoinz

I tried members plugin, but it was unable to resolve it. I tried another method I got from this topich ttps://bbpress.org/forums/topic/only-admin-can-see-forums/#post-167366 but way close to my issue. I then took the final step by deactivating all the plugins!, except bbpress, but nothing happened. It makkethink that my installation has been compromised beyond what I can resolve through forum discussion, so I trash the whole installation and start all over again.
    Now everything is working just fine as it suppose to work, though not all plugins has been activated yet. So am taking a careful step to be sure my weeks and months of work nrr go down again.

Robkk

@robkk

Sorry you had to start over, but glad you got bbPress working fine on your site.

Make sure to take regular backups, so that you do not have to just redo everything and just restore to a previously saved backup.

https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups

Backing up your Database and Files

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar