Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Html tags showing up in topics & replies

• Bet Hannon
    Participant

@bethannon1

I’m not finding anything in the forums here on this, but I’m new… maybe I’m just missing something.

Topics & replies in our bbpress forums are displaying html tags like this:

<p>Hi everyone!</p><p>Included here is the agenda for the meeting on Saturday. Again, we’re gathering at 9:30, setting up, having some coffee, and then kicking off the meeting at 10am. We’ve got the space until 5, but let’s be super productive and get out of there early!</p><p> </p><p>See you tomorrow,</p><p>Patrick</p><p>———————————————————————————-</p><p class=”MsoNormal” style=”text-align: center;” align=”center”><b style=”mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;”><u>Outdoor Ministries Committee</u></b></p><p class=”MsoNormal” style=”text-align: center;” align=”center”>September 12, 2015 10:00am</p><p class=”MsoNormal” style=”text-align: center;” align=”center”>In-Person Annual Fall Debrief/Kick-Off</p><p class=”MsoNormal”> </p>

Why is this happening, and how can I get it to stop?

I’m running bbpress, bbP Private Groups, bbPress Enable TinyMCE Visual Tab, and GD bbPress Toolbox. Is this a known issue with one of them– or a combo of them?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Bet Hannon
    Participant

@bethannon1

I know that the class=”MsoNormal” is related to pasting directly from MS Word, but the <p> tags are inserted even when text is typed in.

Robkk

@robkk

Does this PHP function help any?? Place this code in your child theme or funcitonality plugin.

function bbp_tinymce_paste_plain_text( $plugins = array() ) {
        $plugins[] = 'paste';
        return $plugins;
    }
    add_filter( 'bbp_get_tiny_mce_plugins', 'bbp_tinymce_paste_plain_text' );

Bet Hannon
    Participant

@bethannon1

Hi Robkk!

Yes! I did discover that function yesterday evening, and so far it seems to be working. Since this is a new forum, the client doesn’t have users posting much yet…. so I won’t know until that starts happening, but it does look like it works!

Thanks!

Bet Hannon
    Participant

@bethannon1

Hmm… Looks like that DIDN’T do it. A user posted today and p tags were included. I’ll double check the function when I get back to my laptop, but any other ideas?

Robkk

@robkk

Does it actually print the paragraph tags??

This is for any new topic/reply right??

You might possibly see if this is a plugin issue, maybe something that modifies Tinymce somehow?
    You can also check to see if it is a theme issue also, or a possible code snippet in a child theme.

Troubleshooting

Bet Hannon
    Participant

@bethannon1

Yep, while it doesn’t do it when I post, it does print the <p> tags for at least some users–and that part is weird. It looks like this:

<p>I completely support a focus on...

I have the plugin “bbPress Enable TinyMCE Visual Tab” running. I haven’t been able to test yet, but the client really does need that full visual editor for their users, so I hope it’s not that.

I did double-check the plain text filter. Maybe there was a caching issue with respect to the filter? I emptied all the caches just to be sure.

Robkk

@robkk

The enable tinymce visual tab plugin just uses the exact same code in here.

Enable Visual Editor

I do not think cache could cause an issue like this.

It is something that slipped my mind, but it is most likely that paragraph tags are considered restricted HTML for some reason.

Use and edit this function in the plugin below to your liking.

https://gist.github.com/ntwb/7797990

You will most likely need to add this to make it work for participants.

//paragraph
    'p'          => array(
    	'class'    => true,
    ),

Admins/Keymasters can post unrestricted HTML because they have the capability to do so.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar