Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'bbpress'

Viewing 25 results - 13,326 through 13,350 (of 64,722 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi Andy,

    1. If you just installed bbPress on top of WordPress, then your usermanagement is done by having normal users in WordPress (see the extra fields like setting the forum roles)

    2. Are you using any plugins that deal with members or roles ? If you have set the ‘Settings > Forums > Auto role’ it should be sufficient. Try also to run the repair tool “Remap existing users to default forum roles”

    For the forums on the frontend, have a look at this: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/is-it-possible-to-allow-all-users-create-new-forum/

    Hope it helps,
    Pascal.

    #168709
    Mahunkhal
    Participant

    Hi there, i’m pretty new to this so i may well be doing something wrong but i just installed bbpress, got the bbp style pack to make it easier to pimp out my forum and i made 1 single change to see what was what… I changed the background colour to black from default. I went out of the room for 20 minutes, came back and went to make more changes but now it doesn’t want to change anything at all. I’ve tried changing the background colour back with no effect. I’ve disabled my caching plugin to see if that was having any effect but nay…..

    I’ve even deleted ALL options from the bbp style pack options but it’s kept the styles on the page which is even stranger.

    Please can someone help with this if they can as i’ve spent a whole week attempting another forum plugin only to realise that it was pony and i should have gone with this one in the first place but now i can’t this one to work either haha. πŸ™

    my website is 10tu8.com but it’s nowhere near a complete site just yet.

    Thanks in advance for any help at all πŸ˜‰

    Neil

    #168708
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,

    Most probably a security issue or a redirect to your login page that does not work. If you have any security plugins (like Theme my login) or captcha (like in Jetpack), try to deactivate. Somebody found this: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/users-unable-to-register-and-login/

    Just be careful : Editing .htaccess can block your complete site. Make sure you have a contact point with your provider and you know what you are doing

    Defaults for the .htaccess can be found here: https://codex.wordpress.org/htaccess

    Let me know if it helped,
    Pascal.

    Robkk
    Moderator

    1.

    Instead of using the shortcodes, download this loop-forums.php file and place it in your child theme in a folder called bbpress.

    https://github.com/robkk/bbPress-Hierarchical-Forum-and-Category-Layout

    2.

    I think this would show up if you use the file above. It might not have nice color coordinated categories though.

    3.

    Download this bbpress.php and put it in the root of your theme to have full width forums.

    https://gist.github.com/robkk/f51753f1c7a5641796d8

    zapsplated
    Participant

    Hello. I want to disable the edit profile link on my forum using bbpress, which I have found the following code to add to functions.php. It works, except for next to the username and profile pictures there is a comma, and it looks messy… anyone with php knowledge know why this code is producing a comma next to the username and profile pic?

    Thanks

    <?php
    add_filter( ‘bbp_get_author_link’, ‘remove_author_links’, 10, 2);
    add_filter( ‘bbp_get_reply_author_link’, ‘remove_author_links’, 10, 2);
    add_filter( ‘bbp_get_topic_author_link’, ‘remove_author_links’, 10, 2);
    function remove_author_links($author_link, $args) {
    $author_link = preg_replace(array(‘{<a[^>]*>}’,'{}’), array(“,”), $author_link);
    return $author_link;
    }
    ?>

    #168700
    mvaneijgen
    Participant

    I use the following code on a webshop to display all tags being used on the website in the custom post type product

    <?php
      $terms = get_terms( 'product_tag' );
    
      if ( ! empty( $terms ) && ! is_wp_error( $terms ) ){
        foreach ( $terms as $term ) {
          print '<option data-filter="tag-'.$term->slug.'"value="tag-'.$term->slug.'">'.$term->name.'</option>';
        }
      } ?>

    How do I find the equivalent for bbPress to `product_tag

    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi Chris,

    What I know is that forum moderation is being completely reviewed and improved a lot for v2.7 of bbPress. If you want to meet today those requirements, you might need a combination of plugins and custom development to get there.

    And to answer your next question: No, I don’t know when 2.7 will be released. It’s all done by volunteers in their spare time.

    Pascal.

    Momshof
    Participant

    Hi – thank you. I should have stated this in my post (sorry) – the BBPress forums aren’t locked – in the footer there’s a nav tab Forum 2 – those are the BBPress ones I am trying to get configured.

    #168694

    In reply to: Post Topic Request

    TKServer
    Participant

    I just finished all this. Total pain. I had to reverse engineer the DB posts, then look at the bbpress functions to see what ones I could use, or simply which queries etc I could utilize.

    Chris
    Participant

    Hi all
    I have a question before I move forward installing bbpress. I will be creating a forum for my company that will have different categories based on company departments. Each category would be assigned a moderator within that department in the company and I need different moderators to be notified of new posts within their category.

    In other words, can you assign different admin notifications depending on the category a post is created in?

    I hope that made sense and thank you for the help.
    Chris

    #168688

    In reply to: Post Topic Request

    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi Trent,

    For bbPress: both a topic and a reply are inserted in the ‘posts’ table. The thing that mainly changes is the ‘post_type’. Then the meta data (dates, parents, …) go into the ‘post_meta’ table. So the global idea is exactely like posts, yes.

    Pascal.

    #168687

    In reply to: Post Topic Request

    tmg
    Participant

    TK, I’ve already extended an existing plugin of mine to post regular wordpress posts to the website using the wp_insert_post function. Is that the same function I need be using to post to bbpress, just with additional metadata?

    #168684
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Link to your site as @casiepa suggested, so we can check on it and make sure.

    You can try some troubleshooting to see if this only occurs in your current theme. You can try the other additional solutions to troubleshoot too.

    Troubleshooting

    #168681
    Robkk
    Moderator

    There is an issue with the .hentry class that bbPress is inheriting for its posts. This is a common theme conflict.

    #bbpress-forums .bbp-body .hentry {
        margin: 0;
    }
    #168677
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Some themes are not handling well the replies. Could you try to add this somewhere as extra css:

    #bbpress-forums .reply {
        font-size: inherit;
        padding: inherit;
        position: relative;
        right: inherit;
        top: inherit;
    }

    Pascal.

    #168671
    AlixFalconer
    Participant

    Hi – running BBPress a modified version of the TwentyFifteen theme but i am finding my users posts are being hidden.

    Tried displaying the overflow but still no joy – any suggestions would be so needed!

    Kind regards

    Alix

    James Jams
    Participant

    Hello peoples,

    We have a WordPress site running WP 4.3.1 and bbPress 2.5.8. We have a instance coming up that we would like to open up one of the forums parent groups on our forum to allow anonymous posting, but keep the rest of our forums locked up.

    Is this possible? Either through coding on bbPress or through a 3rd party plug-in? Hmmm

    #168668
    Andreas Andersen
    Participant

    Ok, that makes sense. Again thank you very much. You just turned my bbpress forum into a much more useful forum system. Have a nice day.

    #168667
    Robkk
    Moderator

    It is a common theme issue related to styling wordpress comments.

    Your theme has this CSS to style the wordpress comments. Thing is bbPress has an entire class for each reply which is .reply and it affected any link in a bbPress reply.

    .reply a {
        font-weight: bold;
        float: left;
        padding: 0;
        font-size: 12px;
    }
    #168665
    Andreas Andersen
    Participant

    That worked – thank you very much πŸ™‚ Was this a mistake in my WP theme or in BBpress?

    #168664
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Add this custom css anywhere you can add custom css like in your child themes style.css stylesheet or in a separate plugin.

    #bbpress-forums .reply a {
        float: none;
    }
    #168662
    Robkk
    Moderator

    I guess it could be CSS related then. Place a link to your forums so I can see if possible margin or padding css is causing the issue for any links in a bbPress post.

    #168661
    Robkk
    Moderator

    I don’t think there is a free version of this plugin.

    There isn’t even a free extension for users to use to make it work with bbPress from what I can see.

    I would like to know how to remove the link to main Forum page that appear in the course unit when I embed the topic ( [bbp-single-forum id=$forum_id]) . for instance, Which file and where is it located, and what I have to change?

    bbPress uses custom post types which are similar to the WordPress posts, it just outputs different templates for the display of the forum posts.

    Deleting these posts, would make the shortcode not owrk.

    What you would need to do is conditionally allow only users of a certain course to be able to see a certain forums or topics from bbPress’s pages not just use a shortcode to place a forum on a course page.

    I have found that some user recommend some additional membership/restrict content plugins to make it work for bbPress forums this way.

    It might be best to contact the wpcourseware plugins support to know what is best to hook up bbPress with that plugin.

    #168658
    Robkk
    Moderator

    @balmfoc48

    As the user above states some hosts have a limit of emails that are able to be sent out.

    Install this plugin to fix possibly part of the issue. The code used in the plugin will probably be used in a future version of bbPress.

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/asyncronous-bbpress-subscriptions/

    You may need to also look into asking your server support to increase the email limit if your emails sent grow significantly or use a service like sendgrid or mandrill.

    #168657
    Robkk
    Moderator

    I don’t want to import from my yahoogroups

    Ok

    I just want the feature of having an email address that will post to the forum subscribers without having to go into the website.

    This is the only post via email plugin for bbPress I think. I am not sure if it does exactly what you are wanting by sending the message to the user they are replying to as I never really tested it out.

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-post-via-mail/

Viewing 25 results - 13,326 through 13,350 (of 64,722 total)
Skip to toolbar