Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

is it possible to allow all users create new forum ?

• antderdog72
    Participant

@antderdog72

i am using wordpress 3.9.2 and bbPress 2.5.4-5380.

i want all my user (participant or moderators) can create new forum in front-end, so they not enter the wordpress admin, is it possible? if yes can anyone tell me how to do that.
    thanks

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

i dont think this would be great idea to allow participants to create new forums.

i can see a reason why maybe you would want moderators though, but i mean it still isnt a great idea.

there is also a limit on the number of forums i think like 50 or so, so take that into consideration.

think you should have a site suggestion forum on upcoming improvements , and if your users want a specific forum to be added to your site you should post what they want and then you can choose from there.

you can create a page and add this shortcode to display the forum form in the front-end.

[bbp-forum-form]

you can also download @netwebs plugin from this link which will add a forum form for users who can moderate on their profile home

https://gist.github.com/ntwb/10701087

antderdog72
    Participant

@antderdog72

@robkk thanks for your respond,
    i just wondering if i can remove the limit on the number of forums. Is there anyway to do that?

Robkk

@robkk

well its not really a limit on having a certain number of forums
    i think its just a limit of it being on the root page since it doesn’t have pagination.

for example if you have over 50 forums displayed in the forum root page any additional forum will not display

i found this function doing a search , i havent tested though.

plop the code into your child themes functions.php file or your functionality plugin
    and change 100 to whatever you like

function bbp_increase-forum-per-page( $args = array() ) {
    $args['posts_per_page'] = get_option( ‘_bbp_forums_per_page’, 100 );
    return $args;
    }
    add_filter( ‘bbp_before_has_forums_parse_args’, ‘bbp_increase-forum-per-page’ );

code is from this topic

Hitting 50 forum limit? What can I do?

antderdog72
    Participant

@antderdog72

@robkk i have tried it and it works.

thanks.

mfiguerasma
    Participant

@mfiguerasma

So, if I want a BP group to have its own forum (same group, same interests, same forum) I need the administrator to create it?
    So, a user can create a group but not the group’s own forum?
    Isn’t it a nosense?
    I mean, if I have a group for cats and a group for dogs, why have everybody to access to the same forum instead of having a forum for cats inside the cat’s group?
    And the same for 200 groups. Admin can not go after every created group to assign the forum…

Robkk

@robkk

@mfiguerasma

You can allow users to create forums if you give them the capability to do so , or create a new bbPress role for them to default as so that they can all create forums.

I only recommend this if you can moderate all activity somehow , and your site is built to handle users creating a bunch of forums.

Also note that some forums that a user could create could have minimum activity and really just be a dead forum if it is not as popular.

If users are able to create groups , I mean that is BuddyPress and there could be a way to disable user group creation from low level users , if you want to disable it.

IF BuddyPress has a different capability to add forums to groups then , I do not know if I can help there.

mfiguerasma
    Participant

@mfiguerasma

Ok, thanks, we’ll change our working method and use topics for the use they wanted to give to forums, at the end it’s gonna be the easier solution…
    Thanks!

injili
    Participant

@injili

Hello, please help, I have same problem. Please contribute to https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/allowenable-all-users-create-groups-under-bbpress/

I need contribution of your ideas please. I have a wordpress site that I am designing and I am stuck. I would like to allow/enable all users to be able to publish/create groups under bbpress.

I would like to do this urgently. Your ideas are needed.

Thank you.

Vinod Dalvi
    Participant

@vinod-dalvi

@injili Just replied to your shared topic.

injili
    Participant

@injili

thanks, let me see if it works for my site

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar