Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Users unable to register and login

• rbrynest
    Participant

@rbrynest

Whenever a new user tries to register or login to my site, it just shows a white page with “blocked” written on it.

I am using bbPress forum plugin and have the “Allow anyone to register” checked.

My register page is using the register shotcode and as a login I use the (bbpress) login widget in a sidebar.

I have checked for conflicts by deactivated all plugins but bbpress and switched to the default twentytwelve theme to see if this fixes. Unfortunately with negative results.

Any idea what’s going on?

Register URL: http://www.oppfraavgrunnen.no/registrer-deg/
    Login URL: http://www.oppfraavgrunnen.no/bbpress/

Thanks in advice

Regards
    Rune

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I got

the website declined to show you this page – permisisons issue – talk to your host provider about this

rbrynest
    Participant

@rbrynest

I have duplicated my website on a test domain with another host provider, and it’s the same problem there too.

However, I have found out that it works perfect when I use Firefox, but not when I use Chrome or Internet Explorer.

As far as I can see I get the white page with “blocked” written on it when the login and register page redirects to the wp-login.php page.

Is it possible to redirect from the register page and the login page to the forum page without involving the wp-login.php page?

Thanks again

Regards
    Rune

rbrynest
    Participant

@rbrynest

An update on this.

I got it to work by editing the .htaccess file.

Add this code block at the start of the file:

<FilesMatch “^(wp-login|wp-log|index)\.php$”>
    Header set Set-Cookie wordpress_test_cookie=WP+Cookie+check
    </FilesMatch>

Regards
    Rune

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you’re fixed !

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar