Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'bbpress'

Viewing 25 results - 13,301 through 13,325 (of 64,722 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #168765
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Then I’m really out of ideas 🙁

    What you could do is just delete all of it and restart from scratch : https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started/testing-your-bbpress-installation/creating-a-test-site/

    There is something wrong with your local installation… I have never created a local one, but immediately went to a provider to have an account (even the very basic one). Maybe someone else has some ideas here.

    Pascal.

    #168761

    Topic: Newb is Very Lost

    in forum Themes
    csmalley27
    Participant

    Hi, everyone –

    I am currently working on this site ( http://www.cincinnatifrassati.com/ ) and I would like to make the font size in my forum larger, but I can’t for the life of me find where to edit the CSS files for bbpress. When I go to Plugin > Editor I only see .php and .txt files.

    I’ve read the bbpress documentation, but I don’t know PHP (do know HTML and CSS) so I wasn’t sure what to do with that information.

    I am a complete novice, so I thank you in advance for your patience with me!

    #168759
    Allyson
    Participant

    I’ve tried to use single-user.php instead of page.php to display user profile, following this: https://codex.bbpress.org/themes/theme-compatibility/template-hierarchy-in-detail/

    But my single-user.php show posts, instead of user info. Why?

    #168755
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hier zijn we weer.

    Can you check this post and see if it helps ? https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/how-to-get-bbpress-to-work-on-a-local-wamp-installation/#post-151416

    Pascal.

    #168754
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Then I would propose to ask in that support forum (https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/bbpress-new-ui) because from the database your data seems to be correct.

    #168751
    Bob1361
    Participant

    How i made the first page ?
    It’s “bbPress New UI”

    (Galère a comprendre et expliquer en anglais, j’essaye de faire de mon mieux) 😉

    #168750
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    T’en a pas trouvĂŠ plus pour bbPress 🙂

    That first page, how did you set it up ? Is it a shortcut ?

    Pascal.

    #168749
    Bob1361
    Participant

    Hi Casiepa and thx for your answer 🙂

    I already tried this operation several times without results …

    This is my activate extension :
    Akismet, bbP private groups, bbp style pack, bbPress, bbPress Enable TinyMCE Visual Tab, bbPress Go To First Unread Post, bbPress New Topics, bbPress New UI, bbPress Quotes, bbPress Unread Posts v2, bbPress Votes, bbPress WP Tweaks, bbPress2 BBCode, bbPress2 shortcode whitelist, BBSpoiler, BuddyPress, BuddyPress Captcha, Emojin, GD bbPress Tools, Krown Portfolio, Mandrill For WordPress – Email form under Post, oAuth Twitter Feed for Developers, Revolution Slider, TinyMCE Advanced, User Role Editor, Widgets on Pages, WordPress Social Login, WP Emoji One, WP Maintenance Mode, WP ULike, WPBakery Visual Composer

    Perhaps one is inconsistent ?

    I modify CSS too, but i think it’s not a problem ?

    #168744
    ryan.boder
    Participant

    Nevermind, I traced to problem back to other code that’s using a bbpress filter and causing this issue.

    #168743
    ryan.boder
    Participant

    My topic tags and topic tag feed pages are only working for admins. I would like for them to be visible to all users, even to the anonymous viewers and search engines. Is that possible? I would think that’s how it would work by default.

    For example, this topic tag has 48 pages worth of topics that show up when I’m logged in as an admin. But to the public or even participant users it just says “Nothing Found… Sorry, it appears there is no content in this section.”

    http://suretydiy.com/forums/topic-tag/2gig/

    Doesn’t this defeat the purpose of having topic tags in the first place? Help?

    WP 4.3.1, bbPress 2.5.8.

    lvictor
    Participant

    Yep, the default theme there’s no topic display issue (tested before I posted here.) Just wondering if there was a standard code snippet that should be included in any template in order to get bbpress (wasn’t thinking it would be terribly different from template to template.) Since it’s a pro template, at least I can give their support forum a shot.

    Anyone out there w/a similar theme conflict issue, how did you resolve it?

    #168741
    webguru13
    Participant

    I am so very frustrated…I am getting very very close to completing my website and getting it out in cyberspace…but one problem I am having is that I cannot get the forum in bbpress to work correctly…I have buddypress set up as well and it is working fine…I created a forum page which is showing as a child page under my “community” tab in the main header menu…when going to the forum page there is nothing at all except what I wrote when creating the page…by tutorials I have seen there should be other things showing such as “topics” and “replies” and there is nothing showing up…please help I am so so frustrated…is it that my theme doesn’t support it or do I have to break into code…Also I am afraid to send my login info or any other private info as not sure who all is seeing it….I will be checking back later tonight…I will probably be stuck on this all night as I am determined to figure this out!! Thanks, Rhonda

    #168739

    In reply to: Shorten Freshness

    manteli
    Participant

    Hi Pascal! I finally found the reason: it is the bbpress language file.

    I started everything from scratch and tested theme and plugins one by one. Your plugin works like a charm! 🙂

    But when I finally switched my test site to my language (Finnish) and uploaded the language files (.po and .mo in wp-content/languages/plugins folder) it automatically makes a switch to the standard longer time stamp. How is this happening, can you help me with this? Thanks!

    Bob1361
    Participant

    Hello,

    (Sorry for my bad english)
    I have a problem with my bbpress.
    I’m beginner in bbpress.

    My problem is for each forum, i have the same date.
    And the link in the date are bad too.

    I have no idea where the problem come …
    Do you have any idea ?

    Thx for you’re help !

    Forum

    See you !

    Bob

    #168736
    dayan89
    Participant

    Hi!

    I would like bbpress to add post author’s username, when I click to “Reply” link. What should I do for that?

    #168733
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    And another happy customer 😉

    Enjoy bbPress !
    Pascal.

    #168730
    nickharambee
    Participant

    I can confirm that the new forum I have created is a bbpress forum, as the new post went in to wp_posts rather than wp_bb_posts. So I need to know how to get the topics/replies from wp_bb_posts into bbpress.

    #168729
    nickharambee
    Participant

    Hello,

    I have experienced an issue importing posts from a BuddyPress group forum. Originally I lost the link to all topics when I manually deleted some spam users directly in the tables wp_users and wp_bp_groups_members. In the group forum it simply stated “Sorry, there were no forum topics found.” So I thought I would upgrade to bbpress using the instructions here: https://codex.buddypress.org/getting-started/guides/migrating-from-old-forums-to-bbpress-2/

    I followed all instructions up to the import process and then the import just got stuck – i.e. nothing was imported.

    Then I noticed no forums are now listed under Forums.

    So I created a new forum, which looks different to the previous forum (presumably because I am now using bbpress and not the old Buddypress group forum – how to tell?). I can link this forum to my one Buddypress group, but now none of the old topics show – they are all still in the WordPress database, but I need to know how to get them into the new forum that I have created, or import them some other way.

    I would be grateful for any advice.

    Thanks,

    Nick

    #168726
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    What you described seemed to me like a kind of cache issue. And I remembered the topic with Cloudflare (that I saw looking at your forum). Have a look here: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/you-must-be-logged-in-to-reply-to-this-topic/

    Maybe it serves, maybe not …

    Pascal.

    #168723
    Adri Oosterwijk
    Participant

    This is an issue I am struggling for a long time now.
    I have wordpress 4.3.1 installed and bbPress 2.5.8. The formerly created forums are running but I don’t see any Forum options in my dashboard. I have deleted the plugin and installed it again, to no avail.

    Even when bbPress is the only plugin activated it don’t show.
    Please help.

    mfiguerasma
    Participant

    I’m using TwentyFifteen theme, and the versions:
    WordPress 4.2.2
    BuddyPress 2.2.1
    BBPress 2.5.7

    Chris
    Participant

    Well this is still an issue and the very first problem I ran into within minutes of installing bbpress. I am no expert as I am new to this plugin but what seems to be a workaround for this is to just name both the forum root and the single slug with the same name (in most cases, “forum”). You will get a red warning in the admin that says “Possible bbPress conflict: Forum slug” but so far it seems to make no difference on the front end. Am I setting myself of future disaster here though?

    I am a little concerned with my choice of bbpress now as I see this has been a well voiced topic of concern for over 7 years and nothing has been done to fix it. Should I be considering a different solution altogether?

    #168718
    erich199
    Participant

    In loop-fourms.php file add your custom “Add Topic” button:

    <a href="/new-topic/?ForumId=<?php echo bbp_get_forum_id()?>">New Topic</a>

    Add this code to a custom .php file or directly to your theme function.php file:

    //BBpress New Topic Button // 
    add_shortcode('wpmu_bbp_topic', 'wpmu_bbp_create_new_topic', 10);
    function wpmu_bbp_create_new_topic(){
    	
    	if ( isset($_GET['ForumId']) ){
    		
    		return do_shortcode("[bbp-topic-form forum_id=".$_GET['ForumId']."]");
    		
    	}else{
    		
    		return do_shortcode("[bbp-topic-form]");
    		
    	}
    }
    //End BBpress New Topic Button //

    Make sure you’ve created a custom page titled “new topic” with a friendly url of “new-topic”

    Place the new shortcode we registered into this page:

    [wpmu_bbp_topic]

    This will automatically display contact create form of the selected forum if ID exists in the URL otherwise fall back to default shortcode.

    You can see it in action on my site:
    http://artofwargaming.net/forums/

    Hope this helps anyone who was looking to create a “new topic” button.

    I can’t take credit for this, this was all thanks to the help of the guys over at WPMUDEV – Sajid, Anang, and Tyler.

    #168716
    Mahunkhal
    Participant

    No i don’t have any topics just yet, i’m really just trying to get it styled at present and yeah, i’m using cloudflare, is this not something that can be done with bbpress then? To be fair, i am new to all of this forum malarky so don’t really know what the do’s and dont’s are but i learn fast and can take on anything people would suggest. I just want to get my forum up and running 🙂

    AndyF
    Participant

    Hi Pascal,

    Thanks for answering so quickly. I installed WordPress, then I added my Weaver Xtreme Pro template, and then I added bbPRess.

    At this point I am not using any plugins that deal with members’ roles or anything like that. It pretty much plain vanilla settings except for the settings.

    I do have the settings set for auto role but it doesn’t appear to be saving the “Participant” role that I preset.

    So far we are still in testing mode so we haven’t promoted the site to customers yet. I just noticed that the logins that I was creating didn’t have the forum role specified in the profile.

    One of the issues is that someone subscribes to the site, they get the subscriber role in WordPress but that doesn’t automatically give them a forum role. Most of the people that we are dealing with are “low tech” so If they have to log on and give themselves a forum role that will make things difficult for them. Is there a way to automate the process?

    Thanks again,

    Andy

Viewing 25 results - 13,301 through 13,325 (of 64,722 total)
Skip to toolbar