Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Questions about Forum Role Assignment & Question about creating new forums

• AndyF
    Participant

@afracica-ati

I am using WP 4.3.1 The link to my site is http://oaktreefriends.com and I am running the Weaver Xtreme Pro theme.

The issues that I seem to be having are
    1. there is no forum login/signup button – that I can see – not sure if there is supposed to be one.
    2. When someone subscribes to the site through the wp-admin login screen they do not automatically get assigned as a participant to the forum even though I have it set up that way in the forum settings.

As the keymaster, when I am logged into the site I do not see a way to create new forums or topics without going into the back end. Do I need to find the gatekeeper to do this? Eventually I want the site moderator to be able create new forums as need and I want participants to be able to create new topics as they see the need.

Thanks,

Andy

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hi Andy,

1. If you just installed bbPress on top of WordPress, then your usermanagement is done by having normal users in WordPress (see the extra fields like setting the forum roles)

2. Are you using any plugins that deal with members or roles ? If you have set the ‘Settings > Forums > Auto role’ it should be sufficient. Try also to run the repair tool “Remap existing users to default forum roles”

For the forums on the frontend, have a look at this: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/is-it-possible-to-allow-all-users-create-new-forum/

Hope it helps,
    Pascal.

AndyF
    Participant

@afracica-ati

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for answering so quickly. I installed WordPress, then I added my Weaver Xtreme Pro template, and then I added bbPRess.

At this point I am not using any plugins that deal with members’ roles or anything like that. It pretty much plain vanilla settings except for the settings.

I do have the settings set for auto role but it doesn’t appear to be saving the “Participant” role that I preset.

So far we are still in testing mode so we haven’t promoted the site to customers yet. I just noticed that the logins that I was creating didn’t have the forum role specified in the profile.

One of the issues is that someone subscribes to the site, they get the subscriber role in WordPress but that doesn’t automatically give them a forum role. Most of the people that we are dealing with are “low tech” so If they have to log on and give themselves a forum role that will make things difficult for them. Is there a way to automate the process?

Thanks again,

Andy

AndyF
    Participant

@afracica-ati

Please help me with this issue. I have to take the site public this week and I still don’t see a way to get WordPress to assign the forum roles. I have the bbpress forum settings set to: “Auto role: Automatically give registered visitors the participant forum role.”

WordPress is not seeing this. When a new user signs up they just get the WordPress subscriber role and no forum role.

Please help.

Thanks,

Andy

AndyF
    Participant

@afracica-ati

Please ignore. I did something and it is working now. The problem is I don’t know what I did.

Andy

Glad it’s solved.
    Pascal.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar