Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

‘Blocked’ on blank page on login

• Sapsford11
    Participant

@sapsford11

I noticed a few other people have had the same issue but no one has provided an answer to this. I have created a forum and when i go to log in i get a blank page that says blocked in the top left corner. This is also same for other visitors to my site. This doesn’t happen all the time but 9/10 i can’t log in. The fact that it works sometimes makes it hard to diagnose.

Does anyone have any idea of the solution to this? I haven’t accidentally blocked myself or anyone else.

Regards

Craig

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

This could be from some security/spam plugin.

Go through these troubleshooting steps

Troubleshooting

Sapsford11
    Participant

@sapsford11

Thanks very much for your reply Robkk. I’m glad someone has seen my post and can relate to it a little.

I have tried all the steps through the guide without success. The error still occurs with all other plug-ins disabled, in Twenty-Twelve theme, changing the permalinks to default and in all other browsers etc etc. After clearing the cache and restarting the browser i get the error. However . . .

– If i log in to the site via ‘site.com/wp-admin’, i can access the forum fine.
    – Then i log out and log in to the forum, no problem.
    – If i close and re-open the browser, i am blocked!

The forum is live so i am desperate to resolve this issue. URL http://www.thingstodoinbergen.com/bergen-forum/

Any help or advice much appreciated.

Robkk

@robkk

You can let me check it out , contact me through email.

Contact

xponera
    Participant

@xponera

I have the exact same problem as Sapsford11. Can log in via wp-admin, but refused login on site. Did you guys work it out?

And… of course I have tried dectivating plugins, looked through the site settings and more but can’t find what is wrong.

Hi,

Most probably a security issue or a redirect to your login page that does not work. If you have any security plugins (like Theme my login) or captcha (like in Jetpack), try to deactivate. Somebody found this: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/users-unable-to-register-and-login/

Just be careful : Editing .htaccess can block your complete site. Make sure you have a contact point with your provider and you know what you are doing

Defaults for the .htaccess can be found here: https://codex.wordpress.org/htaccess

Let me know if it helped,
    Pascal.

xponera
    Participant

@xponera

Hi, this was a good lead. My host had another recepie for .htaccess

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/
    RewriteRule .* - [CO=wordpress_test_cookie:WP+Cookie+check:%{HTTP_HOST}:1440:/]

It worked at once.

Thx

And another happy customer 😉

Enjoy bbPress !
    Pascal.

Ingmarc
    Participant

@ingmarc

Hello, I have the same issue: white page stating ‘blocked’, most of the times…
    I tried all disabling all plugins. In my case too, the forum is live, help would so much appreciated!
    editing .htaccess would be something I never did before i.e. I don’t really know what I’m doing.
    link to the forum

Robkk

@robkk

Sorry to bump this old topic, but I’m looking over some old topics of mine to see if I put any real fixes to some issues where I had to contact people personally to troubleshoot things to find issues instead of guessing.

On this one I forgot to post the solution to the issue.

I would like to point out that @xponera posted the code that would fix the issue.

This issue could be only specific to certain web hosts like one.com hosting, but I am not totally sure on that.

Here is a step by step guide for users that are using one.com hosting to follow that come across this same issue stated in this topic.

http://one-docs.com/guides/en/wordpress-login-blocked/

lenwej
    Participant

@lenwej

Thanks för the bump Robkk – saved my day!

Wow, this has really bugged me for a while.

22organic
    Participant

@22organic

Thank

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar