Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'bbpress'

Viewing 25 results - 13,276 through 13,300 (of 64,722 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #168842
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Since you said it turns into a draft, I guess this might be a separate plugin causing the issue.

    Try some plugin troubleshooting to try to find what plugin is causing that specifically.

    Troubleshooting

    #168841
    Robkk
    Moderator

    @tovabora

    You can also use this CSS to remove the breadcrumbs if the code @casiepa gave you doesn’t remove it.

    Place this CSS anywhere you can place custom CSS like in your child themes style.css file or in a seperate plugin.

    div.bbp-breadcrumb {
        display: none !important;
    }

    While browsing your forums though I did come across these common theme style issues that are conflicting with bbPress.

    Add both these CSS code snippets into your child themes style.css file or in a separate custom css plugin.

    This CSS should fix the gray avatar on your forum profile.

    #bbpress-forums #bbp-user-avatar .avatar {
        float: none;
    }

    This should fix the avatars looking off in your forums.

    #bbpress-forums a img.alignnone {
        display: inline;
        margin: 0;
    }
    #168840
    natinho68
    Participant

    I recreated a clone, exactly the same that the principal website.
    All is the same, I remind that the website are configured on wordpress multisite.

    Login : bbpresshelp
    password : Helpme15

    Work (click on author and get the author profil) : http://testsite.fieci-cfecgc.org/forums/topic/test/
    Doesn’t work (click on author and redirect to homepage) : http://www.fieci-cfecgc.org/forums/topic/test/

    I’m very lost

    #168837

    In reply to: No Register Page

    Robkk
    Moderator

    Are you talking about the bbPress login widget??

    The widget has configurable fields in it to customize the register and lost password urls, and you should be able to customize the widget in the widgets section in WordPress in its respective sidebar. You can add the urls of your woocommerce registration forms too.

    If your theme hardcoded it or something, you might want to contact your theme author as to how to set it up since the urls are heading to forums/register and such.

    #168836

    In reply to: Forums wont appear

    Robkk
    Moderator

    I cannot see this in the free version of your theme.

    Also you do not even have bbPress activated from what I can see.

    #168835
    nxchauvin
    Participant

    I installed and activated a theme from which included BBpress
    BBPress : 2.5.8
    WP : most up to date

    When I click on the Register or the Lost password option both bring to a 404 error

    Here is the website http://edkernels.com/forums/

    I am not sure if the path is wrong or whether it is non existant.
    Thanks
    Nick

    #168831
    samberns
    Participant

    Hi so I installed bbpress and havent changed nay settings.

    The forums/topics won’t appear on the default page and it’s just an archive:

    What do I do?

    #168829
    Robkk
    Moderator

    @bob1361

    You can just use BuddyPress since you have that installed.

    Also try to leave the plugins that you want to keep activated. There are a couple plugins that you have that have similar functionality.

    Groups
    bbP Private Groups
    BuddyPress

    Voting system
    WP ULike
    bbPress Votes

    bbcodes/shortcodes
    bbPress2 BBCode
    GD bbPress tools

    Unread Posts
    bbPress Go To First Unread Post
    bbPress New Topics
    bbPress Unread Posts v2

    Quotes
    bbP Quotes
    GD bbPress Tools

    #168828
    Sybre Waaijer
    Participant

    Hello,

    Customizer doesn’t save correctly when WP_DEBUG is enabled and bbPress is active.
    With that I mean that the save button doesn’t change state after the AJAX call has been successful. This leads to a “navigation confirmation” alert after saving when trying to navigate away from Customizer.

    I haven’t tested this without enabled WP_DEBUG, but bbPress also outputs the following notice:

    Notice: bbp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly. The current user is being initialized without using $wp->init(). Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 2.3.) in /...../wp-includes/functions.php on line 3784

    WordPress version: 4.4-beta3-35590
    Theme: Twenty Sixteen 0.1.20150828

    Thanks!

    #168827

    In reply to: Search option

    Robkk
    Moderator

    @katiemeeks

    Does this php code snippet help any?? Make sure to place this php code snippet into your child themes functions.php file or in a plugin that can hold custom php code snippets like the functionality plugin.

    //display bbPress search form above sinle topics and forums
    function rk_bbp_search_form(){
     
        if ( bbp_allow_search()) {
            ?>
            <div class="bbp-search-form">
     
                <?php bbp_get_template_part( 'form', 'search' ); ?>
     
            </div>
            <?php
        }
    }
     
    add_action( 'bbp_template_before_single_forum', 'rk_bbp_search_form' );
    add_action( 'bbp_template_before_single_topic', 'rk_bbp_search_form' );
    Redgard
    Participant

    I’m looking for a plugin for the three.

    Actually i use TinyMCE with BuddyPress Forum Editor to have a wysiwyg editor for the wordpress comments and bbpress forum. I don’t have Wysiwyg editor for the buddypress comment on the user profil and group profil.

    PieterPieterDrum
    Participant

    Hello, I have the same issue.
    I work with BuddyPress, bbPress and a them from Nitty Gritty Klein (Music theme).
    This theme creates groups. Forums can be allocated to groups.
    A member of a group can create a topic and he can reply. No problem.
    But in the menu there is an option forums, you can see your own contributions.
    Logged in, a member sees ‘You have not created any topics.’ But he has.
    Going to the forum via the group, then he can see his own topics etc. No problems.

    I have repaired with tools/forums.
    I have 3 private forums, and 1 public group and 2 private groups.
    There is something wrong with the conflict between private and public??

    #168817
    natinho68
    Participant

    Hi,

    When a user create a topic, if you want to check his profile by clicking on his picture profile or username, you are redirected on the homepage.
    I already saw this topic : https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/user-profiles-redirecting-to-home-page/
    But still not working with checking or unchecking “Disable author archive” on SEO Yoast.
    I’ve made a clone of my website, it’s exactly the same website in everything.
    But on the clone, all works good.
    I’m a little lost.
    I’m using WordPress Multisite and my clone is a child site of the WP-MU configuration.
    Don’t understand why on the clone everything works and not on the principal site…
    Can you help me please ?

    Thanks a lot guys.

    Nathan

    #168815
    houser
    Participant

    I have posted this on the support forum for the plugin as well, but posting here too and hope it’s ok.

    Our top priority feature request for an educational site would be to be able to make a new BBpress topic via email in a specific BBpress forum for a specific BP group. We need to set up 50+ of those for teachers.

    It would be perfect if it could be set so that only approved users with certain email addresses in a list can make a new BBpress topic via the addresses. Then the emailaddress does not need to be “hidden”. IMAP or POP would probably be the easiest and best way to get the email.
    The rest can be handled by out of the box BBpress functionality as I see it.
    Any chance of this happening with this very promising plugin?

    thanx for listening!
    Jan

    sbskamey
    Participant

    Hi BBPress,

    I would love to know if I can hide or blur the avatars so that only Logged in members can see the avatar pics?

    This would be so cool!

    http://sincebeingsingle.com/forums/topic/tips-on-how-to-move-a-relationship-forward/#post-23988

    Thanks,
    Kam

    #168795
    freakyy85
    Participant

    WP Version: 4.3.1
    bbPress Version: 2.5.8
    Theme: GeneratePress 1.3.18 (using the child theme)
    Also happens with Twenty Fifteen.

    If I create a post, set it as sticky, and status closed, and post it, it’s there. But if I then click open, to open the post again, the content disappears and it’s put as Draft in the topics section in the admin panel.

    It would be nice if you could fix that! The apache2 error log of that vhost doesn’t show anything. No error.

    #168794

    In reply to: Content Above Forum

    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Then maybe bbP style pack can help ?
    Check out this thread of some time ago: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/cant-get-a-banner-to-show-up-on-top-of-my-forum-pages/

    Pascal.

    #168790

    In reply to: Recent topic widget

    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    If you use (bbPress) Recent Topics, then you should be able to put ‘any’ as forum ID. That should include both parents and child forums.

    Pascal.

    #168787

    In reply to: Changing role names

    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,

    Did you check this post ? Check robkk reply on renaming in there.

    Add/Change User roles

    EDIT: Or better this one: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/changing-name-of-key-master/

    Pascal.

    #168786

    In reply to: Content Above Forum

    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Then probably the best thing is to create a standard wordpress page, add any text/images you want and below that use the correct shortcode like [bbp-forum-index] for all forums or [bbp-single-forum id=$forum_id] for a specific forum.

    Check out https://codex.bbpress.org/features/shortcodes/ for the shortcodes.

    If that is not what you are looking for, get back here.

    Pascal.

    #168783
    TeqToo
    Participant

    I dislike the term “Keymaster” as applied to my role at the forum I created. To some of my participants, it has conjured up the spectre of a certain movie dealing with the supernatural – not something I prefer to have come to mind when my participants see my title! I’d like to be able to change that to something else. I’ve searched everywhere for a simple solution and found none. I should think this would be a basic function of bbPress – to allow changing the role titles to something that fits the theme of the forum topic.

    Redgard
    Participant

    Hey,
    I’m looking for a wysiwyg editor for my gaming community’s website, I need a plugging supporting buddypress, bbpress and wordpress comments , like that our users could be less restricted.
    thanks,
    Red’

    #168776
    TovaBora
    Participant

    Hello! I have install plugin bbPress. And after that at the top of the every page of site I have see breadcrumbs.

    Help please! How to deactivate it? Maybe some php code to delete?

    Forum link:

    Форум туристический обстоятельный

    #168772

    In reply to: New BBPress User

    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    It’s getting shape !

    Enjoy bbPress.

    #168771

    Topic: New BBPress User

    in forum Showcase
    lissyhunnybee
    Participant

    After years of using vBulletin I am using BBPress on my newest site. This forum has been a really good resource while I am customising and getting used to the many differences lol

    I’d love some constructive criticism and input on how it’s coming up so far. I am the type of person who constantly tweaks – a little change here and a little change there lol

    http://www.lissyhunnybee.com/discussions/

Viewing 25 results - 13,276 through 13,300 (of 64,722 total)
Skip to toolbar