Search
Bottom

bbpress & disappearing post

• freakyy85
    Participant

@freakyy85

WP Version: 4.3.1
    bbPress Version: 2.5.8
    Theme: GeneratePress 1.3.18 (using the child theme)
    Also happens with Twenty Fifteen.

If I create a post, set it as sticky, and status closed, and post it, it’s there. But if I then click open, to open the post again, the content disappears and it’s put as Draft in the topics section in the admin panel.

It would be nice if you could fix that! The apache2 error log of that vhost doesn’t show anything. No error.

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

Since you said it turns into a draft, I guess this might be a separate plugin causing the issue.

Try some plugin troubleshooting to try to find what plugin is causing that specifically.

Troubleshooting

freakyy85
    Participant

@freakyy85

Even with all plugins disabled it happens. the text inside the post is gone.

freakyy85
    Participant

@freakyy85

View post on imgur.com

no it’s still the same as seen in the picture. the content doesnt show.

Robkk

@robkk

I cannot see the same issue you are getting with the generatepress theme and also twenty fifteen.

Did you close and sticky a topic from the WordPress backend??

Can you link to your site so I can see if this is a possible CSS issue?

When you switch to a default theme to leave it as default, do not transfer custom code snippets that you may have from one theme to it. Same thing if you have custom code snippets in a seperate plugin to try to pinpoint where the issue is present.

freakyy85
    Participant

@freakyy85

Robkk

@robkk

I get a 404 when I go to the test topic for some reason. Can you close the embed topic, and also add a test reply so I can see if this issue is present.

freakyy85
    Participant

@freakyy85

i closed it, reopened it now it appeared again. then i added a testreply now when closing and reopening it doesnt disappear anymore?

Robkk

@robkk

@freakyy85

So everything is fine?

freakyy85
    Participant

@freakyy85

Yes, everythings working now.
    Thank you very much!!! 🙂

freakyy85
    Participant

@freakyy85

oh wait sorry i thought this is the wrong topic. no it’s not working still the posts disappear if i post as closed and then reopen. on reopening the post disappears.

Robkk

@robkk

@freakyy85

Does the error only happen on specific post?? Or does it happen to all topics you make sticky and closed, then reopening??

Like I said before are you closing and reopening a topic all on the frontend or in the backend??

freakyy85
    Participant

@freakyy85

it happens to everything i post like that. i close while writing, and reopen in frontend.

Robkk

@robkk

Ok I just duplicated the issue. Now I will check to see if it only happens in that specific theme or what.

To bypass the issue you can just create/close/reopen a topic from the frontend instead for now.

It is a pretty easy to avoid the issue.

freakyy85
    Participant

@freakyy85

u mean not create it closed but instead create, then close, then reopen?

Robkk

@robkk

Well just setting a topic as closed at first on the frontend then reopening it after a few replies does the same thing. So I guess there is no workaround unless you publish the topic from the backend again.

So I am probably going to reply to that trac ticket you created.

freakyy85
    Participant

@freakyy85

ok 🙂

Robkk

@robkk

This bug is definitely in the latest 2.5.8 release while testing the default themes 2013-15, but is nonexistent in the 2.6 dev version.

So I assume it is fixed already, thing is its in 2.6.

freakyy85
    Participant

@freakyy85

when is 2.6 released? 🙂

Robkk

@robkk

Hopefully soon.

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar