Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

adding more to user tool bar – upload image/video, font size, family et etc

• Momshof
    Participant

@momshof

Hi – Does anyone have knowledge of a plugin for BBPress or what I can do to add:

A. image upload option to tool bar
    B. video upload option to tool bar
    C. more options (font size, family, remove formatting, et etc) to the tool bar

for my users?

I have an enhanced editor plugin installed on my site – those options are not showing up in BBPress for creating a topic or replies. It may have too many options for my users though. More than I want.

Thanks for your insight.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Check for TinyMCE, that’s probably the best option.
    Pascal.

Robkk

@robkk

A. image upload option to tool bar

You can use the simple external link image button and oembed for images hosted on imgur.

There are two plugins that can add image uploading in bbPress though.

gd bbPress attachments for file attachments upload is not through the toolbar though

BuddyPress Forum editor which adds a TinyMCE upload image button, but requires BuddyPress, and I am not sure how this could work with TinyMCE Advanced.

B. video upload option to tool bar

oembed will you embed youtube videos automatically by placing the url of the video straight into the forum post.

C. more options (font size, family, remove formatting, et etc) to the tool bar

You would need to enable tinymce in bbPress either through a plugin like the bbPress enable visual tab plugin or by adding the code snippet in this guide.

Enable Visual Editor

To have the extra buttons, the plugin TinyMCE Advanced would help, as long as you have teeny mode set to false in code snippet or enable the extra buttons through the bbPress visual tab plugin.

Momshof
    Participant

@momshof

I already have WP Edit installed as I use it on the admin side. Is there any way to get the WP Edit buttons to show up in BBPress?

Momshof
    Participant

@momshof

I decided to go ahead & purchase GD bbPress Toolbox to control this. Thanks for your input.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar