Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

• lissyhunnybee
    Participant

@lissyhunnybee

I’ve changed the avatar size for topics to 80px, I’d previously changed it from the default size to 50px which I still have it set to with the css on the forums and listing pages, however it is still “pulling” the 50px image and making the topic avatar blurry. I don’t have any cache plugins. Does anyone have any ideas why I can’t get the larger size to display?

Example page: http://www.lissyhunnybee.com/topic/welcome-to-the-forums/

Thanx 🙂

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• lissyhunnybee
    Participant

@lissyhunnybee

I have found that this is a plugin issue. Not a BBPress issue. So now I have to see if I can fix that LOL

lissyhunnybee
    Participant

@lissyhunnybee

I managed to fix my original issue which was caused by a social login plugin creating default avatars from facebook profile pictures, however I have come round full circle lol

I decided I wanted the avatar on the topic page larger and so changed the sizes from 80 to 120 in the only files I can find the code in, loop-single-topic.php and loop-single-forum.php

This has successfully changed the image sizes in the listings (kept to 50px via css) but has had no effect on the topic page. I have searched and searched and feel like I am banging my head on a brick wall lol

Robkk

@robkk

@lissyhunnybee

I think the file you need to edit is the loop-single-reply.php file if you want 120px avatars.

If you allowed the lead topic to show, you edit loop-single-topic-lead.php too.

lissyhunnybee
    Participant

@lissyhunnybee

I tried looking at those files but they don’t have the same code for the avatar size as the other two I edited, so I don’t know where to do from there lol

This forum looks to have a similar issue, the avatar for the first post has an 80px image scaled up to 100px whereas the replies are fine.

I guess I am stuck with it for the time being lol

lissyhunnybee
    Participant

@lissyhunnybee

I have found that the following files have functions that might be making the size stick no matter what

From bbpress\includes\topics\template.php

function bbp_get_topic_author_link( $args = '' ) {

// Parse arguments against default values
    		$r = bbp_parse_args( $args, array(
    			'post_id'    => 0,
    			'link_title' => '',
    			'type'       => 'both',
    			'size'       => 80,
    			'sep'        => ' ',
    			'show_role'  => false
    		), 'get_topic_author_link' );

And from bbpress\includes\replies\template.php

function bbp_get_reply_author_link( $args = '' ) {

// Parse arguments against default values
    		$r = bbp_parse_args( $args, array(
    			'post_id'    => 0,
    			'link_title' => '',
    			'type'       => 'both',
    			'size'       => 80,
    			'sep'        => ' ',
    			'show_role'  => false
    		), 'get_reply_author_link' );

If someone could write me a function for just the size part perhaps that would work? I don’t know enough to be able to write one myself lol

Robkk

@robkk

You can customize the <?php bbp_reply_author_link(); ?> and add more attributes to it like what is explained in this guide.

bbp_reply_author_link

The functions you found, show the default arguments set for the links.

lissyhunnybee
    Participant

@lissyhunnybee

Perfect! Thanx so much 🙂 I saw that page wheile I was searching how to do the function but somehow missed the size section there lol

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar