Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Hidden Groups not being listed

• BewitchingFiction
    Participant

@bewitchingfiction

I look after a site that is purely used as a forum and news posts and have two small groups that have an exclusive membership, the groups are hidden and until recently they appeared on the groups list. They are now invisible to the members of said groups though the list shows that there are some, you just can’t see them.

I am using the following:

Theme: Quest (1.3.0)
    Plugins: Anti-Spam by CleanTalk (5.31), Buddypress (2.4.0), BBpress (2.5.8), FEEDZY RSS Feeds by b*web (2.6.1), Jetpack by WordPress.com (3.8.0), MailChimp Forms by MailMunch (2.1.3), Meta Slider (3.3.5), Sitewide newsletters (0.4)

I have tested this with Twenty Fifteen (I do not have the others installed). It works with Twenty Fifteen (but looks pretty awful).

I know that I can give people links to the forums, but it looks incredibly odd and is rather difficult for those who aren’t so savvy (or are looking for something quickly).

Does anyone have any idea why this isn’t working?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

Hidden Groups in BuddyPress are only to be seen to the group members. they are not to be visible in the groups list.

Only users who are invited can join the group.
    This group will not be listed in the groups directory or search results.
    Group content and activity will only be visible to members of the group.

Can the members of the hidden group see it fine??

Are the forums not visible, because the groups are really part of BuddyPress.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar