Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'bbpress'

Viewing 25 results - 12,626 through 12,650 (of 64,722 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #171048
    charley777
    Participant

    I’ve installed bbpress plugin but it seems to be conflicting with at least 2 other plugins mentioned. They work fine with each other, but not with bbpress. The symptom is I’m not able to see most of my admin pages. I can get to the control panel but all links go to a blank screen. (I have to deactivate all plugins via server control panel).
    If I deactivate all other plugins I can at least see the setup for BBpress, haven’t done that yet because I need the other plugins, specifically the calendar.
    I’m using WP 4.4.1 and 2010 theme (same problem in 2014). BBpress is 2.5.8.
    My site is Soilhealth.net.
    I’m very much a novice at coding so help will have to be very specific if I need to edit any files.
    Thanks for any help!

    #171043
    Manuel Fritsch
    Participant

    Hi,

    during my little adventure this evening regarding bbpress and double clicking on links, which was a dead end afterall, I deactivated bbpress on subsite and activated on network dashboard. Then, bbpress was broken except for the main page (http://de.movemeta.org/foren/). Okay, so I deactivated on network admin and activated on subsite again. Forums worked, but Freshness is not working fine any more. There had been posts after those listed. And then, I posted another one, just to make sure, and after some minutes it, too, vanished from the Freshness display, to make room for an older one.

    Okay, maybe I was stupid here, but please help… :/

    I already tried various repair functions that seemed to fit the case, but to no avail.

    Manuel Fritsch
    Participant

    Okay, I can deactivate bbpress if I remember to deactivate bbp Style Pack. And the double click is due to some other reason… so this case can be closed.

    #171036
    elis85
    Participant

    i have a site with buddypress and bbpress installed.
    latest version of wordpress, buddypress and bbpress
    every group has a forum. i’m having a strange issue, regular users can post only one post.
    when trying to post again, the page reloads but nothing happens. the post is not saved, and wont show up anywhere, and no error massage is shown.
    searched for info about this problem but couldn’t find anything.
    any ideas what could be the problem.

    thank’s,
    eli.

    Manuel Fritsch
    Participant

    Hi there,

    in my new bbpress forums, and apparently also in my general site menu, since this evening one has to click on links (topics, forums,…) twice, not just once, to get ahead.

    Also, when I deactivated bbpress, my site did not load except for the top right FB-circle logo. So I had to activate it again. I’m worried.

    http://de.movemeta.org/foren/

    #171028

    In reply to: vbulletin 3.x import

    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    I suppose you tried in the last stable version (2.5.8) of bbPress ?
    Have a try with 2.6-alpha. Improvements have been made on importing.
    https://bbpress.org/download/

    Pascal.

    #171027
    blandow
    Participant

    I am trying to import an old vbulletin 3.8.4 message forum to bbPress. Over 1.8 Million posts.

    What is the best method to get this done? I gave the import tool in wordpress a shot, but it kept saying nothing to import. Any guidance would be appreciated, as I have never worked with forum exports/imports before.

    #171022
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    No, it currently does not, its an interesting idea though, along with its counterpart to “bump` a topic without adding a reply, I’d love to see a plugin that offers one or both of these functions, we could then look to adding the plugin to bbPress #core via the “featured plugin” process similar to WprdPress #core

    https://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/about/release-cycle/features-as-plugins/

    #171020
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    As everybody is volunteer, it depends on the time that developers and testers can spend on bbPress. Only when the product is considered ready, it will be moved to stable.
    We are all hopeful that it will be soon.
    Pascal.

    #171019
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    All translations are now centrally managed. Danish seems to be at 92% for the stable version.
    Anybody can contribute to the translation (https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/da/default/wp-plugins/bbpress)

    When it reaches 100%, you can get in touch with a Global Translator Editor for the Danish locale to see how to continue.

    Pascal.

    Manuel Fritsch
    Participant

    Hello all,

    it is nice to have Gravatars built in with bbpress (and actually WP, of course). However, unless my users get to know about this service, they will never find out. They have nothing to do with the WP community and so they never heard of it. It’s like RSS to some remote amazon natives.

    So I propose a small notice with a link to gravatar.com below the profile picture on user profile edit pages. Could the delevolers integrate that? I would be most happy!

    Best
    Manuel

    #171010
    Gunilla
    Participant

    In my WP multisite with bbPress there isn“t possible to browse between different pages with topics.
    If I have 10 pages with topics it stands 1 2 …… 10. When I click on 2 I get a 404 page.
    However, if I open a topic there is possible to browse between answers to the topic.
    How do I solve this problem?

    #171006
    timsilva_
    Participant

    Hi all!

    Does bbPress have an way of “sinking” threads like Vanilla offers natively? (https://blog.vanillaforums.com/philosophy/diffuse-community-uproar-with-discussion-sinking/)

    I did tons of searching for settings, custom functions, documentation, and plugins for this. Didn’t find a single bit of information on it. It is an incredibly powerful moderation tool, I’m surprised I could find anything about it.

    #171005
    Trike27
    Participant

    Good day,

    do you know when BBPress 2.6 is released with the improved import for phpBB 3.1-Forums?

    Thanks in advance,

    Martin

    #171004
    Munkx
    Participant

    Hey,
    I just tried to get the danish translation for BBPress and found out the website you refer to aint working anymore.. and it have been like this for some days now?

    Is it possible anyone have a link where i can get it that aint danieljuhl.dk/wordpress/oversaettelse/ (as it is not working anymore).

    Greets
    Munk

    #170999
    Robin W
    Moderator

    try my style pack

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-style-pack/

    will let you style most of bbpress

    #170997
    Serchgdl
    Participant

    Sorry respond so late, I was waiting for a response from the developers of the plugin, but I guess they are very busy and have not had time …

    Smilies remain “disappeared”, but I found a temporary solution to this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/font-emoticons/ which by the way I liked it.

    P.S. I have the latest versions of WordPress and bbPress.

    Cheers.

    #170995
    Robin W
    Moderator

    If you know how to add stuff to css, this should do it

    .type-forum .post_info {
    display: none;
    }

    If you don’t know how to do that, your theme may allow custom css – have a look in dashboard>appearance and see what theme changes you can see in there, or have a look at

    https://codex.bbpress.org/functions-files-and-child-themes-explained/

    Do come back if you need further help !

    #170994
    ZivotsRS
    Participant

    I need to display the latest topics and posts on the homepage. In the widgets of course I have, but on the home page can I be set:
    only the most recent topics
    only latest posts
    Can this be somehow connected? To the homepage displaying the latest topics and the latest posts?

    Me failed to find a way to, plugin, etc.
    You advise me please, anyone?
    Vendulka

    PS: Please excuse, I do not speak English, only compiler.

    WP – 4.1.9
    bbPress – 2.5.8
    web: http://www.takyzijemsvami.eu (but it yet locked – I work thereon)

    #170993
    Birchwind
    Participant

    Hi –
    I’m running WordPress 4.4.1
    BBpress is the 2.58
    Theme is Optimizer

    I have successfully increased the font size of the forum itself. What I have not been able to do is figure out how to change the text that one sees to get back to the various Forum categories or Forum home – as shown in image below:
    https://i.gyazo.com/0882075309c65c8058da2fe97caea9aa.png

    I used this info here: https://codex.bbpress.org/bbpress-styling-crib/ and according to that, it is #8 I want to adjust, and on that ‘how-to’ it says that that area is:

    8. Breadcrumb and link colors
    Inherited from your theme

    Just wondering where to find this so I can make it larger in size.

    #170987
    Kevingtec
    Participant

    I have a forum set to private. When a user who without access (often not logged in) goes to the forum landing page src/forums they get the no forums feedback message. However if they follow a link to a topic or subforum they are redirected to the WordPress 404 page instead.

    The links work fine when logged in, or if the forum is set to public. Changing the theme to Twenty Twelve has no effect. WordPress ver 4.4.1 bbPress ver 2.5.8

    How can I redirect all pages (topics, subforums, etc) in a private forum to the no forum feedback page?

    #170977

    In reply to: Problem with language

    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    The current Bulgarian translation still has some strings waiting: https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/bg/default/wp-plugins/bbpress
    If it reaches 100%, it should come automatically.

    Please talk to one of the General Translation Editors on Slack: https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/teams/?locale=bg_BG

    Pascal.

    #170976

    In reply to: Problem with language

    gnikolova92
    Participant

    The problem is. I found in this forum here steps to change my bbpress language, I found the language mo and po files and I uploaded them, but nothing change, can u tell me what steps exactly I should follow to translate my bb press to bulgarian. Thank you !

    #170974

    In reply to: Problem with language

    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    Can you please explain me better your specific bbPress issue ?
    Thanks, Pascal.

    #170970
    shareef790
    Participant

    Hi Robin
    Yes in the default theme, the date is not showing on the homepage of bbpress which is good. The theme developer earlier when I asked is not supporting on this at all. Any idea or clues or atleast to remove the date completely from the homepage please.. appreciate your help thanks

Viewing 25 results - 12,626 through 12,650 (of 64,722 total)
Skip to toolbar