Categories
Search
Bottom

German locale at 100% – still doesn’t load automatically

• Manuel Fritsch
    Participant

@let-me-see

Hi,

in the Codex, it says that the automatic loading of locales should begin when they are at 100%. However, the German locale has not been updated in my installation since three days, that is the current date of the files in my webspace. Even though I approved strings in Glotpress every day since then.

Do you know if there is some “push” mechanism? Because WP-Members always gets updated at night (UTC) after I edited some strings. Or maybe bbpress needs to pull translations, but it does not do so, sufficiently?

~Manuel

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hi,
    There is a check every 6 hours for plugins, if they are at 100% for a locale, they should become available at that moment.
    Just make sure you do not have any pending local mo/po files anymore. And that your WordPress is set to de_DE (and not to formal or e.g. Swiss).
    Pascal.

Manuel Fritsch
    Participant

@let-me-see

Hi,
    we are just discussing this in Slack. I only translated dev, but not stable. And honestly, I see no point in manually copying every new and changed string from dev to stable, as was suggested there. This could take hours again, only to be obsolete soon.

So, when is bbpress 2.6 due? Is this correct, that then the dev translations become the new stable?
    Manuel

I was hoping to see 2.6 in January, but the latest WP broke some stuff that needs in-depth checks and testing. As everybody is a volunteer working on this project, no official dates can be set.

If you translated dev (which is the 2.6 in the ‘trunk), the translation is moved to ‘stable’ whenever 2.6 is set as a ‘stable’ version. So you only need to do the work once.

I will have a check later why the new German version is not being pushed !

Pascal.

Manuel Fritsch
    Participant

@let-me-see

Thanks for updating me about 2.6. Pity you have to do work again, only because main broke it!

Regarding push, I was told that dev is not pushed out to the users, only stable, and I only updated dev. So no wonder why dev is not pushed.

Yeah, well, I realized myself only some minutes ago that my reasoning was wrong. Of course only stable gets ‘downloaded’. That’s how it goes.
    If you have 2.6 alpha installed and you want to use the latest dev translation, you will have to download the po file and put it locally.
    Pascal.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar