Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

strange problem with posting new posts

• elis85
    Participant

@elis85

i have a site with buddypress and bbpress installed.
    latest version of wordpress, buddypress and bbpress
    every group has a forum. i’m having a strange issue, regular users can post only one post.
    when trying to post again, the page reloads but nothing happens. the post is not saved, and wont show up anywhere, and no error massage is shown.
    searched for info about this problem but couldn’t find anything.
    any ideas what could be the problem.

thank’s,
    eli.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

in dashboard>settings>forums what is ‘Throttle posting every’ set to?

elis85
    Participant

@elis85

10 seconds.
    find it hard to believe this is the problem. it happens only with participant user level.

Robin W

@robin-w

Ok, not sure I can help further – have you got askimet spam filter switched on?

suelunn
    Participant

@suelunn

I am having the same issue but with only one user who is listed as a participant. Any suggestions on how to fix this. Others are able to post twice but not 1 user.

Robin W

@robin-w

@suelunn
    when you say ‘post twice’ – can you explain exactly what you mean ? Do you mean that a user cannot start two topics – one after another?

suelunn
    Participant

@suelunn

No, they were responding to a topic that was already started. The initial post was posted but then they wanted to add additional text….so they tried without success to get another one to post. I even tried it on other computers (at my home), and nothing showed up, even tried logging in and logging off several times. Others posted to the topic without issues. I even tried typing the text without all the special characters and it still did not show up. Suggestions please.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar