Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'code'

Viewing 25 results - 7,926 through 7,950 (of 32,570 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #166558
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Try any of the steps in the Internal Server Error part.

    https://codex.wordpress.org/Common_WordPress_Errors#Internal_Server_Error

    #166553
    Robkk
    Moderator

    It is weird that when I check the teststudents blog in the dashboard, I can see users listed as Participant as their site role, while it should be Subscriber.

    The WordPress backend menu is all off when I hover over menu items. I do not know what is causing that. Also some bbPress tools in the Tools section, seem to have their own menu items also, which I do not know why.

    There also seems to be forums on some blogs with the same content too??

    This is one for example.

    http://theglobalschool.net/science/tilliemcr/forums/topic/hello-world/

    You can probably find more by visiting the site, and adding /forums at the end of the url.

    If you haven’t already try some troubleshooting to see what is causing all of this.

    Troubleshooting

    #166546
    Robkk
    Moderator

    That is a really old topic that used bbPress v1 standalone, which is entirely different software than what you have now. So I would recommend not using any code from topics about 3 or more years old.

    You may need to install a Find and Replace plugin to remove the tt tags, or just change back to break tags.

    To add mutiple line breaks you may need to read this, maybe install the mentioned plugin, and maybe also active TinyMCE in bbPress using the bbPress Enable TinyMCE plugin.

    http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-add-single-double-line-spacing-in-wordpress/

    #166545

    In reply to: Groups and Forums

    Robkk
    Moderator

    How you want your groups set up may be custom development for now, and you may need to hire a developer for that.

    Possibly the same thing for the topic form for now too, but you can just leave the topic form how it is by default and just scroll to the form.

    I think you may need just a conditional around the topic form so that only a member of the forum can create topics though, but that is if you leave the topic form how it is by default. The other way you want the topic form you may have to use the forum specific topic form shortcode.

    Robkk
    Moderator

    You can use the default registration forms in WordPress instead. The bbPress register shortcode is not really complete in functionality. The login shortcode should work decent enough though.

    #166532
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Does this help any?

    bbp_get_reply_topic_id()

    #166531
    Robkk
    Moderator

    copy loop-topics.php from the bbpress plugin into your child theme in a folder called bbpress and edit these lines.

    <li class="bbp-topic-voice-count"><?php _e( 'Voices', 'bbpress' ); ?></li>
    <li class="bbp-topic-reply-count"><?php bbp_show_lead_topic() ? _e( 'Replies', 'bbpress' ) : _e( 'Posts', 'bbpress' ); ?></li>

    You can change it like so.

    <li class="bbp-topic-voice-count"><?php _e( 'Participants', 'bbpress' ); ?></li>
    <li class="bbp-topic-reply-count"><?php bbp_show_lead_topic() ? _e( 'Comments', 'bbpress' ) : _e( 'Posts', 'bbpress' ); ?></li>

    Theme Compatibility

    #166527
    Robkk
    Moderator

    I took a break yesterday sorry.

    Have you tried some troubleshooting? It may be related to cache, a theme, a plugin conflict, or if you made your forums Hidden.

    Troubleshooting

    #166522
    KeithAdv
    Participant

    I’m going through the odious task of importing a Ning forum to bbPress. The hard part (or so I thought) is done. I was able to get about everything from Ning into BuddyPress.

    However, when I get to the last phase–BuddyPress to bbPress migration–which I thought would be easy-peasy, I lose all the replies to the forum topics! I’m following the migration process exactly (as far as I know) but it always fails. Here are the details:

    I’m currently on a local server using XAMPP.
    WordPress 4.2.4
    BuddyPress 2.3.3 (using the default theme)
    bbPress 2.5.8

    The only other plugins I have installed are The Events Calendar (which you kind of need for the Ning conversion) and BackupBuddy, so that I can restore/reset after every unsuccessful attempt.

    I have a smallish forum of fewer than 100 people and 4 groups.

    At the time of this writing, I’ve restored the site to its last successful state:
    – All data successfully imported into BuddyPress
    – bbPress is installed and activated
    – Final migration has not yet been attempted.

    So, you can see all forums and replies, etc., in the BuddyPress theme on the site. The bbPress forums section in the admin menu is empty, as expected.

    Now my typical next step, which always fails, is to follow the codex on migrating forums from BuddyPress to bbPress. I’ve been following it to the letter:

    Migrating from old forums to bbPress 2.2+

    Unfortunately, during Step 5, the actual import step, I get the following error message:


    WordPress database error: [Table 'foo.wp_bb_terms' doesn't exist]

    SELECT convert(term_relationships.object_id USING "utf8mb4") AS object_id,convert(term_taxonomy.term_taxonomy_id USING "utf8mb4") AS term_taxonomy_id,convert(terms.name USING "utf8mb4") AS name,convert(terms.slug USING "utf8mb4") AS slug FROM wp_bb_term_relationships AS term_relationships INNER JOIN wp_bb_term_taxonomy AS term_taxonomy USING (term_taxonomy_id) INNER JOIN wp_bb_terms AS terms USING (term_id) LIMIT 0, 100

    I can’t tell if it is just complaining or if the import has actually failed at that point. Nevertheless, I finish all the steps. At that point, the groups have become forums in bbPress and the topics have transferred but only the first post in each. All replies are gone and I haven’t found any way to restore them.

    One additional detail–I don’t know if it’s relevant. In order to do the Ning conversion, it’s best if you use BuddyPress v1.6, which I did. Afterward, I updated to the latest version. (Is that why wp_bb_terms didn’t get created?)

    I’d greatly appreciate any insight on this. I’m so happy to be getting away from Ning–I can’t believe I’m getting tripped up on the WP side! 🙂

    #166516
    tkse
    Participant

    I created a WordPress page with the name “Diskusjon” and changed the root of bbPress to be this in the settings. Now bbp-single-forum shortcode won’t work. It just shows the forum index, something I tried to avoid by creating this standalone page as root. Any tips?

    #166513

    Hi @robkk,

    that seems to answer a different question – it only lists forums I’m subscribed to in bbPress.org, not subscriptions on my website – and I can’t see how it could list those since there’s no connection. I’m talking about a self-hosting website using bbPress as a plugin.

    One reason I was asking was because of this post in the codex:

    Subscriptions

    Is this post wrong?

    mhairilongmuir
    Participant

    Hi there,

    I am using the shortcode for registration, on my registration page: [bbp-register]

    The issue I’m having is that when folk create an account, they set an username and email, but are not sent a password in the email (and/or also not made to create a password)?

    This means that they have to go to the ‘lost password’ link to get their account activated? This doesn’t seem like a streamlined workflow? is there anything I can do to avoid this?

    Cheers

    #166493
    Kona Macphee
    Participant

    I’ve recently migrated a couple of websites to WP Multisite and am now using bbPress on various multisite sub-sites. The issue I’m reporting may be specific to multisite, or it may be a new bug after the recent change to WP 4.3 (I’m using bbPress 2.5.8 and WP 4.3).

    Context:
    On the “Edit Topic” screen, there’s an “Author Information” box including an ID field. When you begin to type text into this box, the admin-ajax action “bbp_suggest_user” should auto-suggest potentially matching users.

    Issue:
    The user autosuggest is not returning any users, just “-1”. Having dug into the code, the step that’s failing is wp_verify_nonce() in check_ajax_referrer(), which is invoked on line 745 of bbPress file includes/admin/admin.php. The nonce is making it into wp_verify_nonce, but is not matching any expected/acceptable value – so wp_verify_nonce falls out the bottom with a failure.

    If I remove the check_ajax_referrer step, the Edit Topic user auto-suggestion works perfectly so it’s definitely the nonce validation step that’s the problem.

    Also, I’m NOT using any caching plugin on these sites, and the error exists whether the site uses https or not. It also continues to exist if I disable Wordfence.

    yorcht
    Participant

    Hi, thanx but what I want is to not to have to select a forum when create a new one. Like in wordpress admin panel. Just create the new forum with short codes at the same level that others. On top. Is it possible?

    #166472
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Weird that the BuddyPress widget works fine. You might want to deactivate everything but bbPress to see if the issue persists and to test everything fresh. You might want to test the bbPress login widget also.

    Does this PHP code snippet help anything when trying to logout with only bbPress activated?

    add_filter( 'logout_url', 'my_logout_page', 10, 2 );
    function my_logout_page( $logout_url, $redirect ) {
        	$logout_url = str_replace('%3Floggedout%3Dtrue', '', $logout_url);
    	return $logout_url;
    }
    #166470
    Robkk
    Moderator

    It works fine when I tested it on my site.

    You can try to test to see if works fine in a topic, reply, and a blog post to see if you get different results from each.

    Try some troubleshooting to see if a plugin/theme functionality caused the issue.

    If you acquired a ton of code snippets and placed it in your child theme check on that.

    Troubleshooting

    #166467

    Topic: Groups and Forums

    in forum Plugins
    chigoziekyrian
    Participant

    First of all thanks to the Bbpress forum Developers and supporters, i commend you all.

    I want to ask if you have this feature in a plugin or if is tweak able..

    Creating different groups with different Forums associated to each group respectively

    For example

    Group A can Post Topics and Reply in Forum A

    Group B can Post Topics and Reply in Forum B

    Group C can Post Topics and reply in Group C

    BUT Group A can only reply in Forum B and C, they can’t post Topic in Forum B and C (They can only post Topic in their own associated Forum A)

    Group B can only reply in Forum A and C, they cant post Topics in Forum A and C (They can only post in their own associated Forum B)

    Group C can only reply in Forum A and B, they cant post Topics in Forum A and B (They can only post in their own associated Forum C)

    AND

    In the Topic Form with this short code [bbp-topic-form] let the drop down forum be only forums associated with the Group
    example

    If Group A member logs in to post via [bbp-topic-form] page, he will see only Forum A at the select Forum option,
    (he will only see drop down of forums associated with his group, or both Sub Forums)

    because I wont display the Full forum index on the site, i will only display Recent Topics, Recent comments, etc then with handle of ‘Start a topic’ with this form [bbp-topic-form]

    Thanks…

    #166464
    timsilva_
    Participant

    I am migrating a forum database from the latest version of SMF to the latest version of bbPress. In SMF, many posts had multiple line-breaks in between sentences, paragraphs, images, videos, etc. It appears that WordPress, and bbPress, strip out multiple line breaks and limit them to a single line break (probably to prevent people from creating giant vertical gaps for no reason that other users have to scroll through). The way that bbPress deals with line-breaks from the SMF database migration was not very clean. It was mostly just random blocks of text and sentences without line breaks in between paragraphs that existed in SMF. There were PRE tags added in sometimes, and seemingly inconsistent P tags as well. BR tags appear to have been converted into empty TT tags. I was able to correct some of these formatting issues by tweaking lots of CSS (and a little JavaScript) in the default bbPress template. At the same time, I have also tested how line-breaks work separate from the migrated database and it appears that this maximum-of-one-line-break philosophy is on purpose. I see where that’s coming from, but I want to allow it anyways.

    I have read of methods where admins (and/or other users) can manually type in br tags as html with non-breaking spaces in between them as a hacky method of moving down three or four lines for whatever reason. I don’t want to have to train users how to do something that should be as simple as press enter like in any text editor.

    How can I simply achieve this in bbPress’s default comment forms? I don’t want users to have to type in…

    <br />&nbsp<br />

    …when they can simply just press enter twice in the textarea input.

    #166454
    Léo
    Participant

    I noticed something interesting, there is no problem when I log out using the BuddyPress widget.

    Do you have a multisite installation?
    No.

    Is WordPress installed in a sub-folder?
    No.

    What is the url you get when you try to logout?
    With the WordPress toolbar: http://original-beast.revhost.fr/wp-login.php?action=logout&_wpnonce=323d408059&redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Foriginal-beast.revhost.fr%2F%3Floggedout%3Dtrue
    With the BuddyPress widget: http://original-beast.revhost.fr/wp-login.php?action=logout&redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Foriginal-beast.revhost.fr%2F&_wpnonce=323d408059

    What areas did you try to logout from? The WordPress Toolbar, bbPress login widget, something else?
    WordPress toolbar.

    Did this issue occur when you immediately activated bbPress? Or did the issue occur after a certain upgrade?
    Only when bbPress is activated.

    Did you have any cache plugins activated? Have you tried flushing the cache? If it is deactivated reactivate the plugin and flush the cache.
    I don’t have any cache plugin.

    Anything that can cache activated on your site, server cache, cloudflare, object cache, opcode caching?
    I don’t have that.

    What hosting provider do you have?
    Revolta Hosting

    #166457

    In reply to: forum link in admin

    Robkk
    Moderator

    Try as much of the basic troubleshooting steps as you can, also try some of the additional solutions listed.

    Some users have a plugin issue with this, while others it may be a theme, or it could be resolved using the repair tools.

    THere is a guide linked in here about fixing some possible 404 errors too.

    Troubleshooting

    #166451
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Yes, it is PHP code mostly so that would go into a child themes functions.php file or into a plugin that can hold code snippets like functionality.

    For any CSS listed you put that into your child themes style.css file or any other custom css plugin you may have.

    Robkk
    Moderator

    The widget doesn’t really work by days. It displayed the recently published topics by default. If a topic is published twenty days ago and none were published until one was five minutes ago, those two topics are next to each other in the widget listing.

    You can change it to display topics that have been posted last though.

    To style the widget you can use the class .widget_display_topics

    THen you could do something like this.

    .widget_display_topics 
    .widget_display_topics li
    .widget_display_topics a

    or add whatever additional classes are in the source code.

    #166448
    AilyRoot
    Participant

    Hi

    which file shall I add those codex so future upgrade won;t cause any issues

    theme’s functions.php file?

    #166445
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Toward the bottom of #24 it mentions that icon fonts can work too.

    Layout and functionality – Examples you can use

    #166444
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Not my forum.

    I think your theme author pretty much just took this and fused it with their theme.

    https://github.com/syamilmj/Supportte

    This theme (supportte) is really intended to be used as a theme for Envato authors that want a support forum also for their product.

    The verification dialogue is there because the Aqua Verifier plugin is required for some instances of your bbPress forums. The plugin is to restrict access to only users who bought a product from you (best if you are an Envato theme author) and they need to input the purchase code of the product they purchased (from Envato) to have access to the forums.

    https://github.com/syamilmj/Aqua-Verifier

    There is no setting in bbPress that can modify this like I said, it is all in your theme and the Aqua Verifier plugin is required.

    Link your theme author to this topic if you need to.

Viewing 25 results - 7,926 through 7,950 (of 32,570 total)
Skip to toolbar