Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

No of topics, replies & voices not showing

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

Try some troubleshooting to see if it could be a plugin issue.

Troubleshooting

mrsminkie
    Participant

@mrsminkie

Hi,

Thanks for weighing in.

I’ve run debugging mode and found nothing. I have deactivated ALL plugins apart from BBPress (including clearing all caches) and the problem remains.

I can’t find anyone else reporting the same issue after extensive searches.

Any other ideas?

Thank you.

mrsminkie
    Participant

@mrsminkie

If I view the source code, the copy that is usually rendered by these lines of code:

$retstr = sprintf( esc_html__( 'This topic contains %1$s, has %2$s, and was last updated by %3$s %4$s.', 'bbpress' ), $reply_count, $voice_count, $last_updated_by, $time_since );

is displaying but it seems that %1$s and %2$s isn’t pulling any data through, but %3$s %4$s is.

mrsminkie
    Participant

@mrsminkie

I have also tried the repair functions in Tools – have done each one individually.

Robkk

@robkk

I can’t find anyone else reporting the same issue after extensive searches.

Yeah your issue is pretty unique.

You haven’t been editing bbPress core plugin files right??
    Have you copied the editable bbPress templates to your theme?
    You did try a default theme like twenty twelve temporarily to see if it solves the problem?
    Did you try disabling all plugins except bbPress, to see if there was a plugin issue?

I am also wondering why your freshness area shows the date instead of 2 months ago, and why your Freshness label is missing.

mrsminkie
    Participant

@mrsminkie

Yes – I seem to attract these!

No – I’m using a child theme properly and haven’t edited the core files. I’ve used a couple of functions, but I activated the parent and the problem remained so it can’t be in any of that.

I haven’t altered the theme yet because the theme developers confirmed it couldn’t be their theme, and also the website settings will drop out if I do so. It’s a last resort, and I’d be better copying the site into a test environment to test that theory.

Disabled all plugins, cleared all caches – problem still there.

The freshness area is being affected by a plugin: BBP Last Post. It wasn’t installed by me, but I’ve tried deactivating it and the notification still isn’t complete.

Robkk

@robkk

Sorry for the late reply. I hate this issue you have, because I cannot really find a resolution without straight up guessing to try to find something.

I do see that you have removed it though. But you do not need to remove it with CSS or it will hide the other notices too.

You can try this PHP function instead.

add_filter( 'bbp_get_single_forum_description', 'ja_return_blank' );
    add_filter( 'bbp_get_single_topic_description', 'ja_return_blank' );
    function ja_return_blank() {
        return '';
    }

If you want you can contact me so I can just see what could be causing the issue.

Contact

mrsminkie
    Participant

@mrsminkie

Don’t worry – I appreciate the help and I’m just really pleased that I’m not alone in being able to resolve the issue.

I have removed my lazy CSS and applied that function – which I had found on another thread. Works fine – thank you.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar