Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Groups and Forums

• chigoziekyrian
    Participant

@chigoziekyrian

First of all thanks to the Bbpress forum Developers and supporters, i commend you all.

I want to ask if you have this feature in a plugin or if is tweak able..

Creating different groups with different Forums associated to each group respectively

For example

Group A can Post Topics and Reply in Forum A

Group B can Post Topics and Reply in Forum B

Group C can Post Topics and reply in Group C

BUT Group A can only reply in Forum B and C, they can’t post Topic in Forum B and C (They can only post Topic in their own associated Forum A)

Group B can only reply in Forum A and C, they cant post Topics in Forum A and C (They can only post in their own associated Forum B)

Group C can only reply in Forum A and B, they cant post Topics in Forum A and B (They can only post in their own associated Forum C)

AND

In the Topic Form with this short code [bbp-topic-form] let the drop down forum be only forums associated with the Group
    example

If Group A member logs in to post via [bbp-topic-form] page, he will see only Forum A at the select Forum option,
    (he will only see drop down of forums associated with his group, or both Sub Forums)

because I wont display the Full forum index on the site, i will only display Recent Topics, Recent comments, etc then with handle of ‘Start a topic’ with this form [bbp-topic-form]

Thanks…

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

How you want your groups set up may be custom development for now, and you may need to hire a developer for that.

Possibly the same thing for the topic form for now too, but you can just leave the topic form how it is by default and just scroll to the form.

I think you may need just a conditional around the topic form so that only a member of the forum can create topics though, but that is if you leave the topic form how it is by default. The other way you want the topic form you may have to use the forum specific topic form shortcode.

chigoziekyrian
    Participant

@chigoziekyrian

Thanks for your reply, please where can i get the forum specific topic form short code, do you have or know it? because i haven’t seen it before.. thanks

Robkk

@robkk

[bbp-topic-form forum_id=$forum_id] – Display the ‘New Topic Form’ for a specific forum ID.

Shortcodes

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar