Categories
Search
Bottom

when user registers with shortcode, they don’t get sent a password

• mhairilongmuir
    Participant

@mhairilongmuir

Hi there,

I am using the shortcode for registration, on my registration page: [bbp-register]

The issue I’m having is that when folk create an account, they set an username and email, but are not sent a password in the email (and/or also not made to create a password)?

This means that they have to go to the ‘lost password’ link to get their account activated? This doesn’t seem like a streamlined workflow? is there anything I can do to avoid this?

Cheers

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

You can use the default registration forms in WordPress instead. The bbPress register shortcode is not really complete in functionality. The login shortcode should work decent enough though.

nadea.neve
    Participant

@nadeaneve

Hello,

I have encountered the same issue. As our website is just an information website and users don’t have to register, going through the WP registration is troublesome, they only need to register to post something on the forum. When will it be possible to get the password by email?

Robkk

@robkk

bbPress uses the WordPress registration process, they are unified. THe bbPress shortcodes for lost password, registration, and login are there for frontend forms but they are incomplete in functionality, there shouldn’t be a problem with using the default WordPress registration form by default.

You can customize the default the WordPress forms by a plugin, or using some PHP functions too.

donnaWPadmin
    Participant

@donnawpadmin

1.5 years ago, nothing’s changed. finish the stupid plugin already. What’s up with the incomplete code???

mhairilongmuir
    Participant

@mhairilongmuir

yep, agreed, bad form

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar