Search Results for 'bbpress'
-
Search Results
-
Hello
I’ve installed wp 4.3.1 with buddypress 2.5.8 and bbpress latest version
To see the custom profile field i use bbp buddypress profile information with BuddyPress XProfile Image Field with is working.In that forum i have the following details with the forum reply’s.
linkBut where it is saing he file path there should be a picture where can i change that to see the image.
I’ve been trying things for days now but i cant find it anywhere.Thanks for the help.
Onno
When I edit the forum and look at the Publish box, there’s no date edit option. The box only has a preview changes button.
Wordpress Version 4.3.1
BBPress Version 2.5.8
Topic: Shorten Freshness
Using latest versions of WP and bbPress. I’ve been searching and searching, is there anyone who could help me to shorten the freshness to show only year(s) OR week(s) OR day(s) OR minute(s) instead of the whole time stamp?
I found this https://codex.bbpress.org/layout-and-functionality-examples-you-can-use/#10-shorten-freshness-wording but it doesn’t seem to work properly. I don’t know if I’m missing something. I still got “1 hour, 20 minutes” etc. Is the code supposed to do this / is it possible to show only one time variable like this?
50 seconds ago
33 minutes ago
2 hours ago
3 days ago
1 year ago
etcI would be so happy if someone could help! Thanks!
Hey everyone,
I started styling up a little support/development forum for my clients to use. It requires a little bit more customization but I have most of the basics down.
Wordpress – Latest
BBPress – Latest
Theme – Salient
Website Forum Page – https://wapp.guru/support/I’m not using any short codes because this theme actually handles the default BBPress pretty well. I’m just letting the default post types do their thing with Yoast SEO attached. I’ve added a plugin that adds login, log out, and register buttons to the forum itself.
1. How do I set up my site to where people can log in with a WordPress / Gravatar account?
2. The profile page title does not show up and using the Yoast plugin I can’t find any way to target it. Any advice?
3. What’s a good plugin to use for things such as easy navigation for users? I have a few of the widgets in the hamburger menu on the top left. There’s a default login form but nothing regarding registration so I hard coded a link in. There’s a little login form, but no register form. I’ve tried (bbk style pack) but it seems to just place links in the main navigation menu which I don’t really like. It just seems like it’s difficult to navigate around.
Overall I know the forum is open source and requires a good bit of customization. I’m just looking for the simplest way without having to use 50 additional plugins that conflict with one another.
Thanks!
Hello there !
I’ve been on troubble since a few days, just trying to let my forum users to delete their own topics.I tried several plugins, on WordPress, but it seems that even if I create a new role and custom it with the “delete topic” option, it won’t be memorized, maybe due to php bbpress capabilities ?? Anyway those plugins seem to create only WordPress roles, not bbpress roles. So even if there is “forum options” set, maybe it’s not the good way to do it properly.
Then I’ve been reading this : https://codex.bbpress.org/custom-capabilities/, and I was able to set a new role, but still, even if the
'delete_topics' => true,"is set, the users can’t see anything like a delete button on the front end (same with the “delete replies” option, BTW).Following this other thread https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-custom-user-role/ I created a separated php file, but once again I could see no effect, worse : I got 404 pages instead of my website pages.
I must say it’s my first forum, and I’m not a good coder, so if anybody could help me to get this solved, it would be very, very nice !
Topic: vBulletin import help
Hi, I am trying to import from vBulletin 4.2.2 to BBpress The forum is pretty big with Data of 2.4 GB.
Every time I start the import it gets stuck at 45458th record of topics with when it is executing this statement (I saw the number of records from WP Admin in under Topics section)
—————————
SELECT convert(thread.threadid USING “utf8mb4”) AS threadid,convert(thread.forumid USING “utf8mb4”) AS forumid,convert(thread.replycount USING “utf8mb4”) AS replycount,convert(thread.postuserid USING “utf8mb4”) AS postuserid,convert(post.ipaddress USING “utf8mb4”) AS ipaddress,convert(thread.title USING “utf8mb4”) AS title,convert(post.pagetext USING “utf8mb4”) AS pagetext,convert(thread.open USING “utf8mb4”) AS open,convert(thread.sticky USING “utf8mb4”) AS sticky,convert(thread.dateline USING “utf8mb4”) AS dateline,convert(thread.lastpost USING “utf8mb4”) AS lastpost FROM thread AS thread INNER JOIN post AS post USING (threadid) WHERE post.parentid = 0 LIMIT 45300, 100
—————————I followed this but it stops again at every ~50 records.
But When I run this query in the PhpMyAdmin i get proper results of 100 records. I have tried to sanitize all the data that looked suspicious to me. Can someone please guide me to identify this offending data. What should I watch out for ?
I have setup my BBpress on it on my local server which sits on a RAMDisk of 10GB (Makes I/O, hence import process lighting fast). Is this an issue ?
Or are there any logs that I can inspect to see what error occurred ?
Hi there,
I am interested in migrating a very active forum to bbPress. But a critical piece of functionality for my users is the ability to subscribe to a thread and receive email notifications for new posts, but only receive *one* notification until the user returns to view the thread again. Is there any kind of plugin that would give me this functionality on bbPress? I’ve looked all over and I can’t find anything.
Thanks a lot!
