Categories
Search
Bottom

Inline New Reply Form in Facebook style Single Page of Topics and Replies

• antonydennis
    Participant

@antonydennis

Hello there…

I am trying to implement a view of Buddypress that looks like the Facebook newsfeed – a single page, which lists topics, each one having an add reply form underneath, and then a list of the existing replies. I have made the list of topics and replies, but I’m having trouble putting a working add reply form underneath each topic.

The loop structure I have used is:

$forum_ID_list = //a list of forum IDs
    foreach ($forum in $forum_list)
        // WP_Query to get the topic ID list
        foreach ($topic in $topic_ID_list)
            // output topic
            // output new reply form -BUT HOW...?
            WP_Query to get the reply ID list
            foreach ($reply in $reply_list)
                // WP_Query to get the reply details
                // Output the replydetails

So I am not using calls to bbpress() in the loop.

My question is: with this loop structure, how do I implement the output of the new reply form?

I have tried embedding the reply form as follows:

<form id="new-reply-XXX" name="new-post" method="post" action="">
    	<fieldset class="bbp-form">		
    	<textarea class="bbp-the-content wp-editor-area" rows="3" cols="10" tabindex="101" name="bbp_reply_content" id="bbp_reply_content"></textarea>

<input type="hidden" name="bbp_topic_id"    id="bbp_topic_id"    value="TOPIC_ID" />'
    	<input type="hidden" name="bbp_reply_to"    id="bbp_reply_to"    value="0" />';
    	<input type="hidden" name="action"          id="bbp_post_action" value="bbp-new-reply" />
    	<input type="hidden" name="_wpnonce"        id="_wpnonce"        value="99e426b2cf" />'; // NOT SURE WHAT THIS DOES AND IF I NEED TO CHANGE IT
    	<input type="hidden" name="_wp_http_referer"                     value="" /> // CAN THIS JUST BE LEFT BLANK?
    	<input type="hidden" id="bbp_redirect_to" name="redirect_to"     value="MY_HOME_PAGE" />

<button type="submit" form="new-reply-XXX" tabindex="104" id="bbp_reply_submit" name="bbp_reply_submit" class="button submit">SEND</button>';

When I use this form, I am redirected to my home page, but the reply is not added to the topic.

So my questions are:

1. Can I do it by looping this way using WP_Query, and if so, can you answer my questions in upper case above about the form so it will add the topic correctly?

2. If I cannot used my WP_Query based loops, what other way can I loop and make the form work?

I’m using bbpress 2.5.8 with Buddypress 2.3.3 and WP 4.0.8

Thanks in anticipation! Antony.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• TKServer
    Participant

@tkserver

Following. I’m doing a threaded view outside of bbpress. I’ve got topics and replies all working as well as a modal window for new topics and replies. Just polishing off some of the extra queries. Interested to see what you do.

antonydennis
    Participant

@antonydennis

Okay, I think I am getting nearer… it seems it is to do with creating a nonce – a unique WP generated code to stop spammers from accessing the form. So in my functions.php, I have entered the call:

wp_nonce_field( 'new-reply_'.$topic_id );

which has created in my HTML:

<input type="hidden" id="_wpnonce" name="_wpnonce" value="31279b1d8f" />
    <input type="hidden" name="_wp_http_referer" value="/" />

I think I’m warm, but it still doesn’t work… can anyone give me the final little detail to make it work…?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar