Categories
Search
Bottom

Register/Profile Links & Other

• tlatch89
    Participant

@tlatch89

Hey everyone,

I started styling up a little support/development forum for my clients to use. It requires a little bit more customization but I have most of the basics down.

Wordpress – Latest
    BBPress – Latest
    Theme – Salient
    Website Forum Page – https://wapp.guru/support/

I’m not using any short codes because this theme actually handles the default BBPress pretty well. I’m just letting the default post types do their thing with Yoast SEO attached. I’ve added a plugin that adds login, log out, and register buttons to the forum itself.

1. How do I set up my site to where people can log in with a WordPress / Gravatar account?

2. The profile page title does not show up and using the Yoast plugin I can’t find any way to target it. Any advice?

View post on imgur.com

3. What’s a good plugin to use for things such as easy navigation for users? I have a few of the widgets in the hamburger menu on the top left. There’s a default login form but nothing regarding registration so I hard coded a link in. There’s a little login form, but no register form. I’ve tried (bbk style pack) but it seems to just place links in the main navigation menu which I don’t really like. It just seems like it’s difficult to navigate around.

Overall I know the forum is open source and requires a good bit of customization. I’m just looking for the simplest way without having to use 50 additional plugins that conflict with one another.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• tlatch89
    Participant

@tlatch89

bump

Robkk

@robkk

1. How do I set up my site to where people can log in with a WordPress / Gravatar account?

Jetpack has a module in it for users to login using their wordpress.com account, if that is what you want.

https://jetpack.me/support/sso/

2. The profile page title does not show up and using the Yoast plugin I can’t find any way to target it. Any advice?

You have to use a filter and use custom code to customize the titles. Here is an example of some custom code to that that type of thing for some of the profile pages.

Change meta/page title for user pages

3. What’s a good plugin to use for things such as easy navigation for users?

It depends on what exactly you want. I really do not have any opinions on this type of thing, but it depends on how the rest of your site is set up and the look you are going for.

tlatch89
    Participant

@tlatch89

Thanks for the reply! Good info. and I appreciate it.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar