Search
Bottom

showing image field with bbp buddupress profile information

• onno1984
    Participant

@onno1984

Hello

I’ve installed wp 4.3.1 with buddypress 2.5.8 and bbpress latest version
    To see the custom profile field i use bbp buddypress profile information with BuddyPress XProfile Image Field with is working.

In that forum i have the following details with the forum reply’s.
    link

But where it is saing he file path there should be a picture where can i change that to see the image.
    I’ve been trying things for days now but i cant find it anywhere.

Thanks for the help.

Onno

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

This is for the ranking images right?? Did you ever try what I suggested in the other topic with using something similar to this code this user has posted?? All you have to do is replace the svg tag code with an img tag with the link to the images you want to use.

User ranking system?

onno1984
    Participant

@onno1984

Sorry Robkk

My question was not correct we are a virtual airline with military ranks and not pots ranks.
    So i want an extra image field under the avatar but some how i don’t see the image because the plugin creates an li instead of an img.

so that is basicly my question how can i change that and where can i find bbp_theme_after_reply_author_details to look if there is something wrong.

Regards
    Onno Nieuwenburg

onno1984
    Participant

@onno1984

Hello

Here are an example with the ranks and the wrong line on the website.

Rank
    Wrong line

Robkk

@robkk

Still not entirely sure how this will rank image will function since I think you are just allowing users to input a custom image url, but here is an example using BuddyPress xprofile fields. It grabs the available field called “Rank” and displays the content after the reply author details.

function rkk_display_rank_image () {
        $user_rank = xprofile_get_field_data( 'Rank', ( bbp_get_reply_author_id ( bbp_get_reply_id() ) ) );
        echo '<div class="bbp-rank-image">';
        echo '' . $user_rank . '';
        echo '</div>';
    }
    add_action ('bbp_theme_after_reply_author_details', 'rkk_display_rank_image');

onno1984
    Participant

@onno1984

Hello Robkk

I made a new profile field which i not adjustable by the members self only admins.
    And where do i need to put that line in bbpress-functions?

Regards Onno Nieuwenburg

Robkk

@robkk

Add it to your child themes functions.php or in a plugin that can hold custom php code snippets like functionality.

Remember this probably doesn’t do exactly how you want. Because I am not entirely sure why you would want to put a simple input box for the admins to output an image, I am sure there might be some a plugin to output an image profile field for BuddyPress out there. Basically I just gave you some example code that you may need to edit to customize it to your needs.

onno1984
    Participant

@onno1984

Yes i have a plugin for it but that one refers to an SQL database which is showing only the path and not the picture that is is somewhere in bbp_theme_after_reply_author_details.
    But i can’t find the function for that line.
    And if i put something in my bbpree.functions.php my forum is gone.

Regards Onno

Robkk

@robkk

My function is just using a hook and some custom code to add an image. Put the code in your child themes functions.php file instead.

onno1984
    Participant

@onno1984

Hello Robkk

Done that but as soon as i did that my forum page is empty.
    As soon as i delete the functions.php file the forum is back.

Regards Onno

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar