Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'bbpress'

Viewing 25 results - 12,926 through 12,950 (of 64,722 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #170115
    honestscott
    Participant

    Hi,

    I know I should be using the latest version of BBPress, but I can’t get it to import “correctly” and I don’t want to lose 7 years worth of posts.

    With that said, I am moving my installation to a new host, and I keep getting these error messages. I have done this before, and didn’t have any problems.

    So I am wondering why now?

    I have a screen shot of the error codes here: http://fasteddypublishing.info/bbpress-error.png

    I would really appreciate it if someone could help me figure if it’s something I am doing, or a problem with my new hosting server’s PHP.

    Thanks!

    Scott

    #170114
    zxc999
    Participant

    Hello,

    PHPBB3 -> bbPress

    I have a forum on PhpBB3 which consists of: 640MB = 60 departments for, 10k threads, 200tyś posts, 10k active users
    Trying to restore them on my own computer (localhost): Core i5, 4GB RAM, SSD disc

    I struggle with this for four days …
    Restoration of the entire board is not possible at the moment because “jams” restore some different times
    For now, as a strategy for checking that departments can be restored without problems and which do not

    1.
    Most often it gets me imports (as if the script had stopped working, and just circle spins still)
    Eg. Stood in place, “Converting topics (1400 – 1499)” and here I have a question how to find out where it is and what posts you referring to? so that he can even remove them to trial lasted else?

    2.
    Is it possible przyww parts of the entire board? eg. selected areas?
    For now I removed from the base sections of leaving only one and make copies of the database files from a folder (and so for all) so I can restore (and at least divide the forum into smaller pieces).

    And whether the use of “Repair Forum” connect sections of the forums and topics? because from what I can see by combining two divisions separately it is not quite work out (for one department indicates a value of 0, although the themes and opdpwiedzi there are)

    PS. Php.ini settings and the my.ini for me contribute nothing because virtually all the RAM and CPU are hardly used during import

    #170112
    virtualassphil
    Participant

    Hello,

    I installed a paid live chat from chatstack.com in my website. http://www.mysite.com/forums

    however, the livechat it appears to all of my website pages because this live chat don’t have the function to exclude a pages. what i don’t like is it includes in my “forum pages”

    I don’t want to see the live chat in my “forum pages”

    I already contacted the chatstack support but they cannot help me to remove the live chat in my “forums” because they don’t have the knowledge in bbpress.

    can you please help me to remove this? I am willing to pay for this

    thank you

    #170106
    Onlyanurse
    Participant

    Hello,
    I am completely new to WordPress and bbpress. I have installed the Theme Forest Cinematix theme on my website. It was working fine with bbpress, but it was only displaying 50 forums and I have 62. I was told to go in and change that to the number I needed using the bbpress/includes/forums/template.php and I did this without any problem. It worked fine for a few days, but now it takes forever to load the forums page and it will only show blue links when it does finally load. http://www.nurseboards.com/forums/

    If you access the forum through the buddypress groups pages then they look fine. This is really frustrating for me because I don’t know anything about coding. I emailed the theme author, but have had no response. Please help?
    Thanks in advance!

    rrusa
    Participant

    Hi

    We are using bbPress plugin for our forums. We also have the bbPRess-wp4 installed and activated. When we create a private forum the forum topics show up properly. However when we click on the individual topics, it loads contents of the first topic in the forum. For example I have the following private forum called FEA Team. Under it are topics

    Test1
    Test2
    Test3

    bbpress Version:2.5.8-5815.
    wordpress Version 4.3.1
    Clicking on Test3/Test2 does not open the correct topic. It opens Test1- the first topic always. This happens only in private forums. I appreciate any help / info.

    Rrusa

    #170094
    Robin W
    Moderator

    since this is a paid theme, I’d be straight back to the theme authors.

    But you could try

    bbpress wp4 fix

    bbpress wp4 fix2

    as possible fixes

    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    @mglasser The specifics of the cause are outlined in my post above

    Oops! That page can’t be found on Sub Forums with WordPress 4.4

    I upgraded to 4.4 and then reverted back to 4.3.1 and I think this caused my problem.

    Try resaving the forum status, i.e. switch it to public, then back to private

    Was this new logic in a new php file or a change to an existing file? Or did the upgrade make some change in the database?

    See my link above also

    I have learned that my host WPEngine does a non-destructive restore, so when I restored to revert back to 4.3.1 it did not remove the wp_termmeta table nor any new files that were added. But it should have reverted back any changes to existing files which would be calling this new code. My site is working now, but I am still curious how this happened so I can better understand how I should revert back to previous versions.

    You should probably raise those concerns with WPEngine, there would be pros and cons of removing the wp_termmeta table but I’d say it isn’t removed because its a “non destructive” restore, and yes the files reverted back would fix the issue, WPEngine should be able to confirm all of this for you.

    #170080
    Robin W
    Moderator

    your theme thinks it’s opening up a blog page – when you click genera discussion you’ll see that in menu blog is selected.

    Have you followed

    Step by step guide to setting up a bbPress forum – Part 1

    and looked at no. 8

    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    Robin wrote…

    As far as I know for those that are affected (and that’s only a subset who have hidden/private sub forums I believe

    This is correct

    Robin wrote…
    But this doesn’t seem to work for everyone or

    It should work for everyone, if it doesn’t work for you please add a note to this thread letting me know it doesn’t please 🙂

    ————————————————————

    The root cause of the issue is hierarchal post URL’s with custom post statuses, so in bbPress case if we have a “private” forum that uses a custom post status “private”, as such when we expect our URL to be e.g.: https://example.com/forums/forum/my-private-or-hidden-category/my-forum

    If the forum or category my-private-or-hidden-category is private or hidden then the URL generated for the my-forum excludes the my-private-or-hidden-category part of the URL and the resulting url is https://example.com/forums/forum/my-forum which is incorrect, bad and makes us sad 🙁

    Maniraiser
    Participant

    Hey everybody! So, I got this idea about using facebook Posts in Groups together with a bbpress forum and the other way arround. I stumbled over this 6 year old thread https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/connecting-facebook-group-to-bbpress/

    And thats basicley what I’m trying to achieve. So since the first Thread facebook had some changes to their API. Is there something on thecmarket that allows such an integration?

    epanagio
    Participant

    Thanks!
    For any others that may need help:
    In the latest wordpress installation the “BBloggin Widget” is called “BBpress Login widget” and you drop it in the “Primary widget area” which is located on the right of the middle.

    #170057
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Create a child theme, throw this loop-forums.php file in a folder called bbpress using ftp.

    https://github.com/robkk/bbPress-Hierarchical-Forum-and-Category-Layout

    Robkk
    Moderator

    You can remove the bbPress like button plugin to remove the notice.

    If you do need help with your css changes taking effect I could help you with that.

    DarkDog
    Participant

    I’ve had nothing but problems trying to customize bbpress, so I’m just not going to use it. I WAS going to uninstall it and reinstall it to see if that would make my css changes take effect, but when I deactivated it I got this message any time I tried to visit any page on my site, “bbPress Like Button needs bbPress installed and activated in order to work.” So now I don’t want to reinstall it, I just want to get rid of it all together and be done with it. This has been more of a headache than it should be.

    How do I get that error message to go away and get rid of bbpress? Please help.

    #170052
    BassSpleen
    Participant

    Hello,

    I’m pretty new to wordpress+bbpress (been working with it for a few days now). In the past I have used other forum boards, but since I’m using wordpress now I figured while the hell not try out bbpress ?
    So far I like it, I’m still working things out but I managed to do what i wanted using google when I was hitting a wall.

    Now, what i’d like to do is change bbpress layout from this :
    now
    to something like this :
    then

    Even with some research I don’t know what/how to modify this. I have read the “Layout and functionality – Examples you can use” in the codex (and actually used one to get the forum list to be block instead of inline) but it doesn’t mention this kind of modification.

    My html/css/php knowledge is really basic, and obviously not enough to do this on my own.

    If someone could point me in the right direction I’d gladly appreciate it. Thanks !

    Wordpress version : 4.4
    bbpress version : 2.5.8-5815
    theme used : vantage

    #170049

    In reply to: Forums List

    Robin W
    Moderator
    #170045
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Closing as this is a duplicate. Please do not create duplicates.

    Change default display name from username to firstname

    #170044
    Robkk
    Moderator

    There is no answer from the specialists

    It is the holidays where I am from.

    The currently browsing each post functionality, I am not sure, there is not a plugin that I am aware of that can do this for bbPress specifically or for WordPress custom post types. There are user online plugins that display all users online on the site as an alternative to this. You may need to hire a developer to create this currently browsing functionality for you.

    – bbPress Advanced Statistics
    – WP – useronline

    The images by each forum, follow this topic.

    add a "Featured Image" to a forum

    #170043
    Robkk
    Moderator

    Could be a theme, plugin, or WordPress/bbPress issue. You can try the plugin and theme troubleshooting listed below to see if it is only your currently active theme having the issue present. After the troubleshooting come back with some results.

    Troubleshooting

    #170038
    jenfilgate
    Participant

    I have several forums on one WP website with only registered members added to them. Certain users cannot reply to a post, while everyone else can. All users were set-up at the same time and there are no differences in their profile/forum settings. But when some users try to post, they hit “submit” and nothing happens. Their reply window clears, but their post doesn’t display. They don’t get any error messages. It just doesn’t do anything.

    When I tried to login and post as one of those users, I was able to reply with no problems. But they can’t do it on their end. So there isn’t anything wrong with their user account because it worked for me when I used it.

    Could it simply be an Internet connection issue (but I’m not sure how that is because they can see the page without any problem)? Are there certain browsers or devices that you can’t submit replies from? I’m racking my brains to try to figure out what only particular users can’t seem to post when everyone else can, but it’s happened to more than one person, so I’d like to get to the bottom of it.

    Are there any conflicts with bbPress for operating system, browser, mobile device, etc that could be causing the issue?

    #170034
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    What I did at a certain moment was create a new page and use the [bbp-forum-index] shortcode (https://codex.bbpress.org/features/shortcodes/)
    Then in my Appearance/Theme Settings, I have set the homepage to this created page.

    Not sure if this is what you want…

    Pascal.

    #170029
    frank.uray
    Participant

    Hi all

    On my pages I have everywhere a sidebar show on the right side.
    But on my bbPress forums, the sidebar is not show 🙁
    How can I set this up ?

    Thanks and best regards
    Frank

    #170026
    dsardone
    Participant

    Wordpress Version 4.4
    bbpress Version 2.5.8

    I am trying to embed just the forum content into my homepage. If I do it with an iframe it displays the header and sidebars which I do not want.

    Is it possible?

    #170025
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi,
    I would say to start from https://codex.bbpress.org/themes/ and read the subpages there to see if you get something out of them.
    Pascal.

    #170021
    shazdeh
    Participant

    Hi!

    bbP has bbp_get_topic_close_link function (defined in bbpress/includes/topics/template.php file) that outputs an anchor tag (<a>). However customizing the anchor tag proved difficult so we ended up using a bit of custom code to output the link:

    
    	<?php if( is_singular( 'topic' ) && current_user_can( 'moderate' ) ) : ?>
    		<div class="post-note">
    			<?php
    			$topic = bbp_get_topic( bbp_get_topic_id() );
    			if( bbp_is_topic_open( $topic->ID ) ) {
    				$uri     = add_query_arg( array( 'action' => 'bbp_toggle_topic_close', 'topic_id' => $topic->ID ) );
    				$uri     = wp_nonce_url( $uri, 'close-topic_' . $topic->ID );
    				echo '<a href="' . esc_url( $uri ) . '" class="bbp-topic-close-link button green">Close Thread</a>';
    			}
    			?>
    		</div>
    	<?php endif; ?>
    
Viewing 25 results - 12,926 through 12,950 (of 64,722 total)
Skip to toolbar