Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'bbpress'

Viewing 25 results - 12,901 through 12,925 (of 64,722 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #170215
    Robin W
    Moderator

    no simple way to do this in your functions file, the bbpress widgets are pretty unforgiving in allowing you to tinker with them.

    two immediate choices – fork the widgets code into your functions file and rename it – requires some php and WordPress knowledge or
    Just amend it in the bbpress file – AND make a note to need to change it on bbpress upgrades.

    The latter upsets the purists, but it’s only codes and you can’t be arrested for changing code !

    graphiclux
    Participant

    I am looking for a way to update my functions.php file to add a dynamic additional class to the bbPress Forums List Widget. Basically I would like the current code of:

    <li><a class="bbp-forum-title" href="<?php bbp_forum_permalink( $widget_query->post->ID ); ?>"><?php bbp_forum_title( $widget_query->post->ID ); ?></a></li>

    I would like to add an additional dynamic class or ID to the link. I want to do this so I can add different background images to each forum if I choose through CSS.

    Thanks!

    #170212
    ZivotsRS
    Participant

    Hello,
    I’m sorry, I do not speak English 🙂
    Still, I created a translation for bbPress 2.5.8 and some of its extensions (Ultimate Member – Profile Completeness 1.1.9 and other working). Translation into the Czech language, already tested. Can be add it somewhere?
    Plus I found a bug in the Czech translation, which is in the profiles – is possible fix it somewhere?

    I’m sorry, but I’m almost blind, so I hard to find answers.

    Thank you for your advice.
    Mějte se krásně, Vendulka

    #170209
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    Strange, can you open bbpress-cs.po in a text editor and confirm that these exist in the .po file:

    The original string:
    • Your username must be unique, and cannot be changed later.

    The “waiting” string for the “dev” (2.6-alpha) translations
    • Vaše přezdívka musí být unikátní a nejde později změnit.

    The “waiting” string for the “stable” (2.5.x) translations
    • Vaše uživatelské jméno musí být jedinečné, a nelze ho měnit.

    #170204
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator
    #170201
    macms
    Participant

    I have read other posts regarding the alignment of bbPress after removing the R side bar in a theme. I would like to center the forum on this page. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks!

    http://copdcommunity.org/forums/

    WP version 4.4
    Theme Twenty Sixteen 1.0
    bbPress version 2.5.8-5815
    bbp style pack 2.8.4
    bbP Toolkit 1.0.5

    I created bbpress.php and placed it in the theme root dir to remove the R sidebar.

    <?php
    get_header(); ?>
    <div id="main-content">
    	<div class="container">
    		<div id="content-area" class="clearfix">
    			<div>
    			<?php while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>
    				<article id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>" <?php post_class(); ?>>
    					<h1 class="main_title"><?php the_title(); ?></h1>
    					<div class="entry-content">
    					<?php the_content(); ?>
    					</div> <!-- .entry-content -->
    				</article> <!-- .et_pb_post -->
    			<?php endwhile; ?>
    			</div>
    		</div> <!-- #content-area -->
    	</div> <!-- .container -->
    </div> <!-- #main-content -->
    <?php get_footer(); ?>
    #170196
    Robin W
    Moderator

    Do you still have a problem?

    I am unsure from your various rants what exactly the issue is – I need a problem definition to be able to help, and don’t know from your name ‘iapologizepleasedeleteme’ whether you have now fixed your issue.

    If you still have the problem then – given that you have been pressing lots of buttons – I would suggest you contact you host provider and ask then to revert your site to a previous backup – almost all host providers take backups every 24 hours. This will get you site working again.

    I would then invest some time in creating a test site – to do development in your live site is just stupid, as you have found out. See https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started/testing-your-bbpress-installation/creating-a-test-site/

    #170183
    kepilif
    Participant

    I try to move a forum of users, topics, etc. Forum Invision v.2.3.6 is bbPress 2.5.8. I display the following messages:

    No stickies to stick
    No topics to convert
    No forum parents to convert
    No forums to convert
    No passwords to clear
    No users to convert
    No data to clean

    What I did.
    1) I exported MySQL database from the old server
    2) ive loaded the mysql database on the target server with the installed version of WordPress / bbPress
    3) I turned on the importer

    Can you advise me something?

    spec_ps
    Participant

    hi,

    i am novice, so i need more support and suggestion more than others…..

    i have installed Gazette (Automattic) theme and then bbpress plugin and some of things as said in https://codex.bbpress.org/themes/theme-compatibility/ …. but its not working. i cant see any bbpress template-pages or other things….

    can you able to help me out on the same….

    thanks…

    #170179
    aadly
    Participant

    Hi guys ,

    I want my bbpress to have the same design used here which mean the first post should be highlighted then the other comments below it

    How can I do it ?

    #170171
    haans
    Participant

    I found the culprit!

    The file in questioned is “content-single-forum.php” in “bbpress”.

    Removing the line below solves the problem.
    <?php bbp_forum_subscription_link(); ?>

    #170169
    haans
    Participant

    Step by step guide to setting up a bbPress forum – part 3

    The usage of child theme is to avoid overwriting any customization that you have done to your site by a theme/plugin upgrades. So you maintain a separate set of files in different folder than the out of box themes or plugins. This way whenever there are new upgrades and get pushed and overwrite your files, it won’t overwrite whatever customization you had.

    #170167
    Robin W
    Moderator

    suggest you try their support forums, as they have experience of bbpress (they use it for their support forum), whereas I doubt if any of the mods on here have looked at their plugin.

    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/event-espresso-decaf

    and

    https://eventespresso.com/support/forums/

    #170160
    matousch
    Participant

    Thank you, this way of export works fine and there are czech strings correctly translated in language files now. I renamed them to bbpress-cs.po and bbpress-cs.mo and have it inserted to folders:

    /matia.info/wp-content/languages/bbpress
    /matia.info/wp-content/languages/plugins
    /matia.info/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/languages

    The strings at my page http://www.objasnujeme.cz/registrace/ are unfortunately still only in english “Your username must be unique, and cannot be changed later.” instead of “VaĹĄe uĹživatelskĂŠ jmĂŠno musĂ­ bĂ˝t jedinečnĂŠ, a nelze ho později měnit.”.

    #170158
    haans
    Participant

    I am using a child themes. I read your instructions on setting up the child themes configuration. I copied the folder
    Souce:wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress
    Destination: /wp-content/themes/%your-theme%/bbpress/

    Bbpress will normally use the default files found at
    wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress

    However if you create a directory in your child theme at
    /wp-content/themes/%your-theme%/bbpress/
    (where %your-theme% is your child theme’s name)
    then any files stored there will be used instead.

    Thereafter, there appears two “unsubscribe” button in the forum. Before copying the “bbpress” folder to the child-theme, I only see one unsubscribe.

    http://goforcrumbs.com/forums/forum/intro/

    #170155
    Head Goldfish
    Participant

    @tkserver How are you calling the data outside the bbPress framework? I’m trying to figure out how to display a list of the logged-in user’s subscriptions in my sidebar, but I can’t figure out how to get the bbPress loop to work on other pages. It doesn’t even work on the Forum pages, only when I’m viewing the User Profile.

    #170154
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    I think for Czech the files should be bbpress-cs.mo and bbpress-cs.po

    When you export the translations from translate.wordpress.org you should also change a couple of the defaults:

    • Make sure the filter Current/waiting/fuzzy + untranslated (All) is showing the waiting translation

    • Select the only matching the filter and then click export to export the .po .mo (This way you’ll get the those strings that have not yet been approved)

    #170153
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    Theres some docs here that should help you in troubleshooting these issues:

    Import Troubleshooting

    Can I also suggest you use the development version of bbPress, there are some pretty big improvements for the importer in this upcoming version 😉
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress/developers/
    https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/bbpress.zip

    #170146
    Pascal Casier
    Moderator

    Hi Naerean,
    Are you running WordPress 4.4 ? Then wait a little bit for the 4.4.1 fix as the current version has some issues with hidden forums.
    If you cannot wait, then check the following discussion: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/oops-that-page-cant-be-found-on-sub-forums/page/3

    Pascal.

    Robin W
    Moderator

    SUMMARY OF ISSUE AND TEMPORARY FIXES

    So summary to save people needing to read this whole thread

    There is an issue with WordPress 4.4 and bbpress which should (hopefully) be fixed by WordPress 4.4.1 when it is released.

    The issue only affects sub forums that are private or hidden, when you will get a 404 error as the url cannot be correctly interpreted.

    For those interested:

    The root cause of the issue is hierarchal post URL’s with custom post statuses, so in bbPress case if we have a “private” forum that uses a custom post status “private”, as such when we expect our URL to be e.g.: https://example.com/forums/forum/my-private-or-hidden-category/my-forum

    If the forum or category my-private-or-hidden-category is private or hidden then the URL generated for the my-forum excludes the my-private-or-hidden-category part of the URL and the resulting url is https://example.com/forums/forum/my-forum which is incorrect, bad and makes us sad

    To fix in the meantime you have 4 choices

    either
    a. Stay with 4.4 then implement the following
    open wp-includes/post.php, scroll to about line 4300 to find function get_page_uri( $page )
    In that function replace

    if ( 'publish' === $parent->post_status ) {
    
    

    with

    if ( ! empty( $parent ) ) {
    

    If you try this, please advise if this doesn’t fix for you.
    or
    b. Change your sub forums to main forums – it is only sub forums that are affected
    or
    c. In theory you could just make your private forums public, but suspect you have them private for a reason !
    or
    d. Revert to 4.3 and then for each forum affected change the status from private/hidden to public, save and then change back to how you want it and save.

    #170142
    mjbrady83
    Participant

    I must admit I’m a newbie to WordPress and php in general. I have a wordpress/woocommerce site I’m building, and it is membership controlled. I’m using the FEuser plugin to control membership. It has a lot of features we wanted, such as email confirmation, and admin approval. Plus it keeps members separate from the wordpress user database, as we don’t want to give customers access to the dashbboard. We recently decided to add a forum to the site, and I’m having a problem getting bbPress to use the membership data from FEuser, instead of the wordpress user database. I don’t even know where to look to change this. I know the fields in the database I want it to use, but I don’t know what file, or where, I have to modify to point bbPress at that instead of at the normal wordpress fields. Can someone point me in the right direction?

    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    There is a new fix, rather an alternate that better detects and reflects the root cause of the issue:

    Replace if ( 'publish' === $parent->post_status ) { with if ( ! empty( $parent ) ) {

    The full details can be viewed in the WordPress ticket:
    https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35084

    And the latest patch:
    https://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/35084/35084.5.diff

    Also please refrain from email, the bbPress team can only respond to issues we can read here in the public forums or our bug tracking and reporting system. If the current fix here is not working for you please add that here with as much detail as you can so that we can try and configure our forum configuration to match yours and reproduce the issue.

    #170138
    Dreamsync
    Participant

    Awesome thanks for the help! I just followed your instructions, and it didnt quite seem to work. It definitely did something, but not quite what was expected. Here’s a screenshot of what happened after i implemented your code: http://imgur.com/Txu9cAz

    After seeing the bbpress.org forums, im realizing its not totally neccessary to replace the freshness (last post) column, but to simply add a “started by: author” section directly beneath the topic title – just like on the forums here.

    Is that how it should look by default? Or are the bbpress.org forums customized?

    #170129
    matousch
    Participant

    I run a multisite installation of WordPress 4.4 and bbPress 2.4 installed with the Twenty Twelve theme.

    I exported “all current” bbpress-cs_CZ.mo and bbpress-cs_CZ.po files at https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/bbpress/dev/cs/default?filters%5Bterm%5D=Your+username+must+be+unique%2C+and+cannot+be+changed+later.&filters%5Buser_login%5D=&filters%5Bstatus%5D=current_or_waiting_or_fuzzy_or_untranslated&filter=Filter&sort%5Bby%5D=priority&sort%5Bhow%5D=desc

    The first thing is, that all strings in exported files are in english. I manualy changed the string “Your username must be unique, and cannot be changed later.” to “VaĹĄe přezdĂ­vka musĂ­ bĂ˝t unikĂĄtnĂ­ a nejde později změnit.” in the bbpress-cs_CZ.mo and inserted that file via ftp to these folders:

    /matia.info/wp-content/languages/bbpress
    /matia.info/wp-content/languages/plugins
    /matia.info/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/languages

    None of them works though. My site is at http://www.objasnujeme.cz/registrace/
    There is a string “Your username must be unique, and cannot be changed later.” instead of the czech translation.

    #170127
    rayjay
    Participant

    Make a child theme of the bbpress first.

    Then you need to edit the loop-single-topic.php file in your child theme to move the code below to replace the other code on the bottom..

    		<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_before_topic_meta' ); ?>
    
    		<p class="bbp-topic-meta">
    
    			<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_before_topic_started_by' ); ?>
    
    			<span class="bbp-topic-started-by"><?php printf( __( Started by: '%1$s', 'bbpress' ), bbp_get_topic_author_link( array( 'size' => '14' ) ) ); ?></span>
    
    			<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_after_topic_started_by' ); ?>
    
    			<?php if ( !bbp_is_single_forum() || ( bbp_get_topic_forum_id() !== bbp_get_forum_id() ) ) : ?>
    
    				<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_before_topic_started_in' ); ?>
    
    				<span class="bbp-topic-started-in"><?php printf( __( 'in: <a href="%1$s">%2$s</a>', 'bbpress' ), bbp_get_forum_permalink( bbp_get_topic_forum_id() ), bbp_get_forum_title( bbp_get_topic_forum_id() ) ); ?></span>
    
    				<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_after_topic_started_in' ); ?>
    
    			<?php endif; ?>
    
    		</p>
    
    		<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_after_topic_meta' ); ?>

    replace the abvoe code with below code..

    		<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_before_topic_freshness_link' ); ?>
    
    		<?php bbp_topic_freshness_link(); ?>
    
    		<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_after_topic_freshness_link' ); ?>
    
    		<p class="bbp-topic-meta">
    
    			<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_before_topic_freshness_author' ); ?>
    
    			<span class="bbp-topic-freshness-author"><?php bbp_author_link( array( 'post_id' => bbp_get_topic_last_active_id(), 'size' => 14 ) ); ?></span>
    
    			<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_after_topic_freshness_author' ); ?>
    
    		</p>
Viewing 25 results - 12,901 through 12,925 (of 64,722 total)
Skip to toolbar