Search
Bottom

PHPBB3 to bbPress – large base import and problem

• zxc999
    Participant

@zxc999

Hello,

PHPBB3 -> bbPress

I have a forum on PhpBB3 which consists of: 640MB = 60 departments for, 10k threads, 200tyś posts, 10k active users
    Trying to restore them on my own computer (localhost): Core i5, 4GB RAM, SSD disc

I struggle with this for four days …
    Restoration of the entire board is not possible at the moment because “jams” restore some different times
    For now, as a strategy for checking that departments can be restored without problems and which do not

Most often it gets me imports (as if the script had stopped working, and just circle spins still)
    Eg. Stood in place, “Converting topics (1400 – 1499)” and here I have a question how to find out where it is and what posts you referring to? so that he can even remove them to trial lasted else?

Is it possible przyww parts of the entire board? eg. selected areas?
    For now I removed from the base sections of leaving only one and make copies of the database files from a folder (and so for all) so I can restore (and at least divide the forum into smaller pieces).

And whether the use of “Repair Forum” connect sections of the forums and topics? because from what I can see by combining two divisions separately it is not quite work out (for one department indicates a value of 0, although the themes and opdpwiedzi there are)

PS. Php.ini settings and the my.ini for me contribute nothing because virtually all the RAM and CPU are hardly used during import

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• zxc999
    Participant

@zxc999

SELECT * FROM phpbb_topics WHERE phpbb_topics.topic_id > 1600 AND phpbb_topics.topic_id < 1699
    – ok, I can delete error topic
    – so I delete all 1600-1699? or 1600-1698

but what SQL i for: “Converting replies (1670 – 1670)” ?

Theres some docs here that should help you in troubleshooting these issues:

Import Troubleshooting

Can I also suggest you use the development version of bbPress, there are some pretty big improvements for the importer in this upcoming version 😉
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress/developers/
    https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/bbpress.zip

zxc999
    Participant

@zxc999

please answer to my quastion

….but what SQL i for: “Converting replies (1670 – 1670)” ?

PS. I’ve got last 2.5.8 version, and is that newest?

zxc999
    Participant

@zxc999

and i dev version have error even though the prefix is standardized and previously worked (phpbb_)

Repair any missing information: Continue

WordPress database error: [Unknown column ‘forums.forum_topics_approved’ in ‘field list’]
    SELECT convert(forums.forum_id USING “utf8”) AS forum_id,convert(forums.parent_id USING “utf8”) AS parent_id,convert(forums.forum_topics_approved USING “utf8”) AS forum_topics_approved,convert(forums.forum_posts_approved USING “utf8”) AS forum_posts_approved,convert(forums.forum_name USING “utf8”) AS forum_name,convert(forums.forum_desc USING “utf8”) AS forum_desc,convert(forums.left_id USING “utf8”) AS left_id,convert(forums.forum_type USING “utf8”) AS forum_type,convert(forums.forum_status USING “utf8”) AS forum_status FROM phpbb_forums AS forums LIMIT 0, 100

No forums to convert

Starting Conversio

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar