Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Random registered users can’t reply to posts

• jenfilgate
    Participant

@jenfilgate

I have several forums on one WP website with only registered members added to them. Certain users cannot reply to a post, while everyone else can. All users were set-up at the same time and there are no differences in their profile/forum settings. But when some users try to post, they hit “submit” and nothing happens. Their reply window clears, but their post doesn’t display. They don’t get any error messages. It just doesn’t do anything.

When I tried to login and post as one of those users, I was able to reply with no problems. But they can’t do it on their end. So there isn’t anything wrong with their user account because it worked for me when I used it.

Could it simply be an Internet connection issue (but I’m not sure how that is because they can see the page without any problem)? Are there certain browsers or devices that you can’t submit replies from? I’m racking my brains to try to figure out what only particular users can’t seem to post when everyone else can, but it’s happened to more than one person, so I’d like to get to the bottom of it.

Are there any conflicts with bbPress for operating system, browser, mobile device, etc that could be causing the issue?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

Could be a theme, plugin, or WordPress/bbPress issue. You can try the plugin and theme troubleshooting listed below to see if it is only your currently active theme having the issue present. After the troubleshooting come back with some results.

Troubleshooting

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar