Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress Like Button needs bbPress installed and activated in order to work.

• DarkDog
    Participant

@darkdog

I’ve had nothing but problems trying to customize bbpress, so I’m just not going to use it. I WAS going to uninstall it and reinstall it to see if that would make my css changes take effect, but when I deactivated it I got this message any time I tried to visit any page on my site, “bbPress Like Button needs bbPress installed and activated in order to work.” So now I don’t want to reinstall it, I just want to get rid of it all together and be done with it. This has been more of a headache than it should be.

How do I get that error message to go away and get rid of bbpress? Please help.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

You can remove the bbPress like button plugin to remove the notice.

If you do need help with your css changes taking effect I could help you with that.

DarkDog
    Participant

@darkdog

I can’t do anything. No matter what page I go to I get that message and only that message. So I need to know how to fix that before I can do anything else. Should I go into the files and manually remove them that way?

DarkDog
    Participant

@darkdog

That’s what I did, and it worked. I do appreciate your offer on helping with the CSS, but I think for now I’ll just not mess with it. I’m stressed enough over this project that I’m kind of beyond wanting to know how to get it working. I’m not even sure if I got the child theme done right, which I’m sure I don’t. So I’m just updating the site the hard way, every time there’s an update. I guess I just don’t know CSS. HTML and some PHP, but not CSS.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar