Search Results for 'bbpress'
-
Search Results
-
Topic: Help With Styling
Hi,
I have installed bbpress on my website and it works, but it looks messed up.
http://matchedbetting.review/forum/
If someone could at least point me in the right direction to get started I’d be grateful – to get the layout look half decent. Also the sub pages don’t have a sidebar too (which I think I have found stuff on the forum to help me with that).
Thanks
Topic: twitter questions
Hi there,
i am going to use bbpress for my upcoming forum but, i have some question if anyone can help i will be very thankful to him.
Make user register and login only through twitter.And such users who logged in through twitter can post.
It will be even better if a thread is automatically added to the twitter page of the thread poster.
If will be even better if the replies to the thread are automatically added to the reply to that twitter post.
(Would it be even possible to automatically assign a twitter account for the user when he register for my forum? Because a user might find it boring to have to go through the process of creating twitter account)
(
Allow entire forum to be anonymous forum.
Thread-starter can write a link like “google.com” and then the webpage screen frame of “google.com” will appear inside the thread, or appear as the 1st reply to the thread.
Is there a way (either a plugin, or even manually in MySQL) to purge old topic subscriptions in bbPress?
We auto-close topics after 180 days, and it’d be kind of nice to “clean up” the database and remove people’s “notify me of replies on this topic” subscriptions, too.
I have a rather large vbulletin database – just under 2M posts in 160k threads. I am looking for a solution with better photo posting options than vb. I’ve been reading the threads here and I’m not sure if this is a good fit. If I can get it imported, is it just too big to run on bbPress without being slow as a snail?
I imported my vb forum into bbpress and finally its workign as i want it.
with a few bugs to be dealt with but the main one is every notificatio0n that has ever been created is now being sent. the forum has been live since 2007 so now i and all my members are slowly getting every notification they ever recieved before. from 2007 to date.
thats not great
any ideas on how to stop them?
@netwebTopic: Tutorials
Hi, I am newbie in the world of wordpress and bbpress . Would I recomendais some thread or site with good tutorials ? Mainly bbPress . Thank you
I am working on a theme and need to deque all bbpress scripts and enque my own if I am on forum pages. This is what I used to start with
if( !is_admin() ){ /** * Replace bbpress style with our own * @internal */ function _thz_action_bbpress_style() { wp_dequeue_style( 'bbp-default' ); if (is_bbpress()){ wp_enqueue_style( THEME_NAME. '-bbpress' ); } } if (function_exists('is_bbpress')){ add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', '_thz_action_bbpress_style' ); } }issue with this is that
is_bbpress()is not recognized on pages that use any bbpress shortcodes like[bbp-forum-index]Can someone please provide a working conditional that runs only on forum pages and not throughout the whole site. Thnx!
Apparently bbPress doesn’t recognize or work out the latest post (freshness tweak) when you have:
category -> category -> forum -> topic
Unless…there is a reply attached to that topic, then the latest post/topic will show up.
Topic: Edit Profile 404 error
Hi, I installed bbpress and buddypress to use Edit profile function.
I have WP membership plugin and bbp style pack plugin to activate Edit Profile in my header menu, however when I click Edit Profile it doesn’t work and show a 404 error.
I successfully installed it in my other website but using Enfold theme I encountered this issue.
Any thought?
I’ve been lurking for a week now, and have tried multiple things, to force the Forums to show in Full Width, within the Hueman theme page template.
I have created a bbpress.php page, and this allowed me to get rid of the sidebars, and shows the First Page of the Forums at full width(the way I want it), but when you click one of the Topics, it goes back to the default page template, and the space where the sidebars were, still exists, so the Forums are squished between two blank sidebars. How can I make the Forums/Topics pages spread across the full width of the page? I don’t want to see the sidebars while using the Forums.
Also, I would like to increase the Font size in the Forums to make it more legible to Readers.
I realize all of this is harder to do within the Hueman Theme because the Forums are injected into the default site template, with exception of the First Page(I created), and it may take some css to make it work. I’ve tried a few snippets of css I found in other posts, to no avail. I need some css help specifically with this Hueman theme. I’m not a developer, nor do I really understand child themes, and I’m currently not using any. I would prefer to edit custom css only, rather than my style.css, to avoid breaking things.
Thanks for any help you can offer. FrustratedPaulRevere.com (Link to Forums is at the Top of the Page)