Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum template styles forum rules best practice

• khunmax
    Participant

@khunmax

Please excuse the length of this post. It seeks information regarding functionality and best practice.

FUNCTIONALITY

I have developed my own functionality plugin for BBpress and would be very grateful if some one could provide me with the functions snippets for the following features:

1. Creating a header and footer for each individual forum in the index list (ala Style kit template option)

2. Removing the vertical bar that appears to the left of the sub-forum list when the following code is used:

#bbpress-forums .bbp-forums-list li {display: list-item !important;}

3. Removing the commas that appear in the vertical list of the subforums. This looks odd and ugly. My links are style in orange and then at the end of each subforum there is a black comma. Can this comma be removed or can it be styled with css so that its color is the same as the subforum links? If it can be styled what is its unique selector?

4. The BBP toolkit has an option to remove all of the blue and yellow alert/info boxes. What is the snippet for this function?

5. The BBp toolkit has an option to only add css to BBP pages. What is the snippet for this function and is it necessary(or a possible conflict) if I chose to run WP minify?

BEST PRACTICE
    This is the first site I have developed with a forum. What is the best practice regarding admin forum content, forum rules is a relevant example. Should I create a forum dedicated to my admin topics (included form rules), or rather, should I just create topics for admin content and make them super sticky (which I understand means they will appear at the top of every forum)

Again my humble apologies for the length of this post. And, as always, thanks very much for anyone render their valuable assistance.

Kind Regards

Max

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• khunmax
    Participant

@khunmax

The following CSS works to resolve issues .2 and .3 above:

#bbpress-forums .bbp-forums-list {border:none; color:#INSERTHEXCOLOROFYOURLINKS;}

I am still hopeful to receive some input on 1. .4 and .5 and the best practice question.

Kind Regards

Max

Robkk

@robkk

1. Robins plugin uses the same file that has been tossed around these forums for the past 2 or so years.

https://github.com/robkk/bbPress-Hierarchical-Forum-and-Category-Layout

4. You should probably just keep them, as they help with moderation on the frontend. There is a link in the description to show all posts including ones that may be pending moderation. The yellow ones just help notify users whats up, so if they cannot post for soem reason and there is no notice, they would not know what the issue is.

Here is a link to the code though.

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/where-can-i-remove-the-this-forum-contains-topics-and-themes/#post-167642

5. If you are minifying your CSS, then I say do not worry about this feature.

I don’t really think there is a best practice for forum rules/admin content, it is whatever works for you and makes most sense in the end.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar