Categories
Search
Bottom

BBpress search only showing last item

• stevecl
    Participant

@stevecl

WordPress 4.5.2 running Sydney theme
    Very new to this, I have a forum on my site and have installed BBpress search in the side bar, unfortunatly the only results that comeup on any search is the last item I have posted in my blog.
    Would appriciate any help on this.

Thanks

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

bbPress is tested with wordpress default themes. It maybe a conflict – you need to check plugins and themes

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

stevecl
    Participant

@stevecl

Hi I have deactivated all plugins except the BBpress plugins
    still the same problem just comes back with the last item on the blog.

have also changed the theme to twentyfifteen with all plugins disabled except BBpress.

Same problem!!!

Robin W

@robin-w

is this site accessible?

stevecl
    Participant

@stevecl

Robin W

@robin-w

ah, forum is not public, so I can’t do a search !

Robkk

@robkk

@robin-w

Go to his site’s topic archive (sitename.com/topics) the search is there and you can see the issue if you just search anything.

stevecl
    Participant

@stevecl

Have just put it back to public, was just checking if changing the viewing settings had any affect on the problem

Robin W

@robin-w

I can’t immediately see the issue.

If you have tried with just twentyfifteen and bbpress, then not sure how to progress next.

@robkk
    – any ideas?

Robkk

@robkk

@stevecl

The issue also does happen in TwentyFifteen.

The issue is because in the bbPress default theme package, there is a template called content-search.php. In some newer themes there is also a template of the same name. And since the bbPress templates don’t necessarily need to be in a bbPress folder, the bbPress plugin is choosing the template from your theme before the template that is actually in bbPress.

Copy content-search.php from the bbPress plugin templates and place it in a child theme in a folder called bbpress. This fixed the issue you are getting in a free version of your currently active theme.

https://codex.bbpress.org/themes/theme-compatibility/

Also just created a trac ticket for this issue.

https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2966

stevecl
    Participant

@stevecl

Thanks @robkk, I have done what you said and yes it is now working ok

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar