Participant

@blazemiskulin

Fresh install of WordPress 4.5.2
    Fresh install of bbPress 2.5.9-6017
    Only other plugin: WP Spamshield
    Theme: Moon
    Site: GeekNiche.com
    All settings left at default.

As Admin/Keymaster, I am unable to create new topics or reply to topics already posted, when in the forums. I can post a new topic from the dashboard.

The error (when trying to post from the forums) reads:
    ERROR: You do not have permission to reply.

To test, I created a new user with the “participant” role. That user can create new topics and reply to topics. It’s only the Keymaster who is forbidden from posting.

This would appear to be a problem. 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

bbPress is tested with wordpress default themes. It maybe a conflict – you need to check plugins and themes

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

Blaze Miskulin
    Participant

@blazemiskulin

Okay, now I’m very confused. It appears to be the WP Spamshield plug-in–but I have another install with both bbPress and Spamshield and it works fine (which is why I didn’t bother testing it at first).

I’ll check the support page for the plug-in.

Blaze Miskulin
    Participant

@blazemiskulin

I’m working with the WP SpamShield team, but I’ll also post the error here just in case it helps.

[19-Jun-2016 05:28:41 UTC] PHP Notice:  bbp_setup_current_user was called <strong>incorrectly</strong>. The current user is being initialized without using $wp->init(). Please see <a href="https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress">Debugging in WordPress</a> for more information. (This message was added in version 2.3.) in /home/XXX/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3897

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar