Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

What type of page is the edit profile page and does it have an ID

• khunmax
    Participant

@khunmax

I have used the Display Widgets plugin with a great success on a number of sites.

It displays bbpress related pages including Forums, Topics and replies and so is also good to go with BBpress.

However I discover that, even though I tick all of the BBpress related page options provided in the widget it still fails to appears on the user’s edit profile page.

What type of page is the user’s edit profile page and is there some special ID that can be used to identify it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Kind Regards

Max

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

Its a dynamic page, and it does not really have an ID like you want. It has an argument at the end of specific page url for each members ID, then /edit for the edit profile page specifically.

khunmax
    Participant

@khunmax

The problem here is that, using the display widgets plugin, I can set content for all of the forum related pages in my site. However if a user visits their profile page, because the sidebar is empty, it displays the default search and archives insertion from WP.

Robkk

@robkk

Yeah you can’t do what you want now using that specific plugin, you can using widget logic, or creating a bbpress specific sidebar for all the widgets you want/not want to display on bbPress pages.

Contact the display widgets plugin author to possibly add this feature to hide/show widgets on bbPress user profiles, and maybe specifically the edit profile page. All they would need is just use these supplied bbPress conditionals.

bbp_is_single_user_edit()
    bbp_is_single_user()

khunmax
    Participant

@khunmax

Thanks

I will forward a copy of this on to the plugin author.

Kind Regards

Max

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar