Search Results for 'bbpress'
-
Search Results
-
Topic: Lost password captcha
I deployed the bbpress plugin.
on the Lost Password page, using the Lost password shortcode, I cannot finalise the action to do a lost password. get an error message that says that captcha has not been entered.
Problem: captcha is not even on the screen.
Note: it is however on the WordPress Lost Password screen.Any help on how to get the captcha feature on the Lost password bbpress functionality?
Topic: Forums: 500 Error
Hi, can’t provide link to page because it’s a private / paid site: fapsa.org.uk
When I try to go to Forums I get ‘HTTP ERROR 500’ and this in my error log:
[30-Jan-2017 18:21:55 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class WP_Taxonomy in /home/fapsa******/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-forums/bbpress/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-taxonomy.php on line 17
Any suggestions?
BuddyPress: 2.7.4
WordPress: 4.7.2I think the problem is that I’ve been using legacy Forums in BuddyPress. Is there any way to transfer them across to bbPress?
I’m running a website with two private groups, and I’ve run into a snag. It turns out that all logged in users can also see topics posted into private forums in the “recent topics” widget, even if they are not member of a private group. Naturally if they click on these topics, they cannot see the contents of the thread, but the topic titles occasionally do leak information that they shouldn’t be able to see.
Is this a known bug with the bbpress “recent topics” widget? Is there a way of fixing this?
I’m running wordpress 4.7.2, buddypress 2.7.4, and bbpress 2.5.12 (also jetpack, askimet, and wordfence, at their latest versions). Happy to provide more information if need be.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Topic: Creating Private Topics
Good afternoon,
I am currently working on my website which utilises BBpress for it’s key function. I have set all of the forums to private so that only users can visit them. I am now currently trying to prevent a category of user from being able to access other user’s posts.
I am using the user role editor plugin to do this, which allows me to prevent people from reading private topics. Sounds easy enough, but how do I set topics (as opposed to forums) to private?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I have BBPress installed on our organization website. Unfortunately, we are getting a good number of spammers subscribing daily to the forum presumably looking to post backlinks. I have not figured out how to stop this except to deactivate the plugin. If I do that, will the content that is currently in the forums be saved. Will I be able to reactivate the plugin at a later date and have the content in tact? Better yet, is there a way to better screen subscribers to prevent spammers from subscribing.
Thank you.
Hi
after being logged in the
(bbPress) Recent Topics
works great from every part of the website.but the
(bbPress) Forums List
shows only a title of the widget and no forums, UNLESS I´m browsing into the forums themselves…then there is everything (‘any’) fine.Is this familiar to anyone?
Topic: I need Nested Topics
Hi guys,
I have seen a couple of replies on this topic when google searching. However, i simply must have sub topics on a particular website forum that im building…subforums will not work.My topic and subtopics are
Fertility> Male Infertility
………>Female Infertility(please note there are a number of other topics, however these are just the two that need to be nested in this way)
Can someone walk me through how this can be done with bbpress?
kind regards
AdamHello.
Is there anyway we can replace search button bbpress to font awesome?
Thanks
Topic: HTML showing in posts
I am running a site with WP 4.6.3 and bbpress, as well as TinyMCEadvanced.
If I disabled tinyMCE advanced I can post with bold, italic etc.
If I enable tinyMCE advanced, all I get is HTML code like:
<span style=”color: #0000ff;”>Testing styling of forums posts.</span>If I login in as admin this does not happen, as there is a small box which says You have the ability to post unrestricted HTML content.
How can I make it so that all users can use this? My main concern is adding different colour text.
Good day
I have just insaled bbPress.
On the Lost Password page, the RESET PASSWORD button only becomes enabled when I TAB off the email field.
On the Register page, the REGISTER button only becomes enabled when I TAB off the Password field.This doesn’t work for me.
1. How can I get the buttons to be enabled from th start?
2. Which plugin will facilitate a nice ACOUNT menu, such as on this form, where a user can do his account stuff?