Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forums: 500 Error

• JamieLe
    Participant

@jamieleemi

Hi, can’t provide link to page because it’s a private / paid site: fapsa.org.uk

When I try to go to Forums I get ‘HTTP ERROR 500’ and this in my error log:

[30-Jan-2017 18:21:55 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class WP_Taxonomy in /home/fapsa******/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-forums/bbpress/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-taxonomy.php on line 17

Any suggestions?

BuddyPress: 2.7.4
    WordPress: 4.7.2

I think the problem is that I’ve been using legacy Forums in BuddyPress. Is there any way to transfer them across to bbPress?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

You’ll need to install the bbPress plugin, and convert your old bbPress 1.x forums to bbPress 2.5 (soon to be 2.6.)

Then you can disable the BuddyPress legacy forum component, and continue using the newer better faster stronger bbPress plugin.

bbPress 2.0 and higher comes with a (pretty great) conversion tool to help you migrate from several different forum softwares, including bbPress 1.x. We used that exact same tool all across WordPress.org, so we are confident that it works very well.

JamieLe
    Participant

@jamieleemi

Hi, and thank you so much for replying. I ended up adding BBPress and disabling the legacy thing. I’ve also added new forums and my client didn’t seem too bothered about the loss.

Is it too late to convert to old forums and, if not, how would I go about it?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar